SSM Greyhounds 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
"I don't think Coach Dean is going to be too happy with that [Calisti's hooking call halfway through the 3rd]", Soo announcer, referred to it as "undisciplined".
That wasn't undisciplined. It was clearly Branch calling the Refs room during the intermission ensuring that all the penalties in the 3rd period are called against the Soo.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
The team was dogged by bad calls all through the winning streak, which is what made it so impressive.

The team is clearly not overmatched at all in today's game. They are quite obviously carrying the 5 on 5 play with more than double the shots that the Knights have. The chintzy penalties and non-calls on London high sticks that make a player bleed and obvious delay of game in the defensive end is what is resulting in the current score.

I've had very few complaints about the officiating this year except for the 2 games against London. It's the same god damn thing every year and it's disgraceful.
By my count 3 of London's 5 goals are at even strength. But hey, keep looking at the game with your rose coloured glasses. SSM has been undisciplined all game (and all season) and London has taken advantage. Don't blame the refs for the poor play, blame the team.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Using hyperbole to cover up the facts doesn't convince anyone and makes it obvious that you can't engage in a factual argument.

It's long been evident that there is a problem with biased officiating. This had literally been going on for decades. If the league cares then they would do an investigation and rectify the situation, but they never have.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Using hyperbole to cover up the facts doesn't convince anyone and makes it obvious that you can't engage in a factual argument.

It's long been evident that there is a problem with biased officiating. This had literally been going on for decades. If the league cares then they would do an investigation and rectify the situation, but they never have.
Funny.... again ignoring the fact that over the last 10 years the Greyhounds have had far more powerplays than the Knights in head to head games.

But keep on whining Bill...

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
The shots are even despite London spending half of the game on the power play. The Greyhounds are completely dominating even strength play, outside of goaltending. It's hard to believe how incredibly stupid people like you can be.
My bad. Those last two goals by Keane and Luke were the refs fault as well.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

Biased officiating is the oldest complaint in the book. It's a sad arguement at this point and this is coming from a Saginaw fan. London isnt even in the Top 10 in PP opportunities this season and only in the Top 5, 2 of the last 6 seasons. Do the Knights dive more than other teams a bit to get extra calls, sure I'd agree. But the refs dont have bias, that's just being a sore loser.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Boys boys don’t get into battle of wits with an unarmed person. I don’t know what game he watched but the game I watched was one of the better ones I have ever seen Ferguson do. Maybe Fish slipped on ice and hit his head on way to game. Even the homer TV crew was running out of excuses and were kind of almost neutral in the end.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
It seems to me that if I were the commissioner of the league I would be doing less to help the richest, most stable franchise in the league and doing more to help the teams that were struggling and creating other issues like Flint, Saginaw, Missy, NB, Hamilton etc. EVERY team in this league gets PP’s they don’t deserve and gets calls against them missed and other nights it’s the complete opposite. The Greyhounds are young and undersized as a group which forces them to take more penalties. It also has at times allowed the opposition to create higher percentage scoring opportunities. Which contributes to the higher GA. That’s how the Greyhounds are built right now and it’s not gonna change before April.

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
It seems to me that if I were the commissioner of the league I would be doing less to help the richest, most stable franchise in the league and doing more to help the teams that were struggling and creating other issues like Flint, Saginaw, Missy, NB, Hamilton etc. EVERY team in this league gets PP’s they don’t deserve and gets calls against them missed and other nights it’s the complete opposite. The Greyhounds are young and undersized as a group which forces them to take more penalties. It also has at times allowed the opposition to create higher percentage scoring opportunities. Which contributes to the higher GA. That’s how the Greyhounds are built right now and it’s not gonna change before April.
Knights were full mark's for the victory. They played very well.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
I always tell my 10 year old when his team plays that you have to rise above any perceived “bad officiating” and keep playing thru it. The same would apply at this age as well! Get over it and move on!
I’m more disgusted with watching Calisti pretend being a defenceman. One for us 2 for them it seems! Sigh.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
The team was dogged by bad calls all through the winning streak, which is what made it so impressive.

The team is clearly not overmatched at all in today's game. They are quite obviously carrying the 5 on 5 play with more than double the shots that the Knights have. The chintzy penalties and non-calls on London high sticks that make a player bleed and obvious delay of game in the defensive end is what is resulting in the current score.

I've had very few complaints about the officiating this year except for the 2 games against London. It's the same thing every year and it's disgraceful.

Is this you HL?

Reactions: sbpointer

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
London was clearly better than us. Hounds got off to a great start but everything stopped around the 10 minute mark of the 1st period. Good team will find ways to win. Thats what the Knights did. They will challenge for the West title.

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
We take hardly any fighting majors, yet we lead the western division in penalty minutes. Either not a good discipline team or lazy and take a lot of stick penalties or both. It’s a trend that has to change or won’t go far in playoffs or even make the playoffs. London had a long trip last night and still outplayed us. Terrible game to watch

Reactions: Bear54

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
That very stupid penalty Calisti took after losing the puck in London’s zone then following the London player up ice and not once but twice whacked him with the referee trailing right behind them!!! Not very smart on his part to be sure.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Come on man what are doing ? I suggest laying low for a while you're going to get some serious negative attention now... Uncalled for comments and in 24 hours two fans have tarnished the"Soo Fans" image. First the guy flipping off the Knights and now this. I hate to say it but I'd like to see him be held accountable.. @nelli27 @EON

dmead

Jan 12, 2018
London
Come on man what are doing ? I suggest laying low for a while you're going to get some serious negative attention now... Uncalled for comments and in 24 hours two fans have tarnished the"Soo Fans" image. First the guy flipping off the Knights and now this. I hate to say it but I'd like to see him be held accountable.. @nelli27 @EON

Oh my... it's a game for crap sakes. It's just a game.

Reactions: sbpointer and HF92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->