OT: Spoiler Alert [Spoiler Alert ((Spoiler Alert))] (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thread)

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
There's a show on Netflix called Another Life with Katee Sackhoff in it. Sort of a knockoff of Interstellar. Don't watch it, it's bad. Third degree chemical burn bad. It's not the type of bad that you can laugh at, unfortunately. It's the type of bad that leaves you mystified that someone allocated a lot of money to some incompetent person, so that they could earnestly film incompetent nonsense.

I'm having trouble remembering anything as poorly written as this show with similar high dollar production values. Something like that might exist, but I'm drawing a complete blank. Maybe Alien vs Predator 2? That still probably comes up short.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

It was only like 55-minutes long. I watched it because I've heard about him, saw brief clips of him, and the director was the same guy that did The Hangover and Joker.

Yeah, he did some gross messed up stuff. And, I'm not a psychologist and I know this was in the late 80s/early 90s, but he should have gotten help while in his teens. I guess it's good he overdosed before he did his final stage act? Because I feel like he would've shot up some of the audience as well.

Also, his brother has a Hitler 'stache and that was unexpected.

Probably should not have watched it on my work phone. :laugh:

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Joker was amazing. That's all I really have to say about it.

If DC ever wants to compete with Disney in the comic book movie industry, they need to make this the standard.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Good list. Totally agree about Hateful 8.

My ranking, though the top 8 are totally interchangeable except for the #1 spot:
Pulp Fiction
... and a four way tie for second place-
Jackie Brown
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Reservoir Dogs
Inglorious Basterds
...at #6 Django
Kill Bill (1&2)
True Romance (as writer)
From Dusk to Dawn (as writer)
Hateful 8
* EDIT: Dang, nearly forgot, forgive me for not giving some cred for his original screenplay "Natural Born Killers"...
I always thought Four Rooms was entertaining but it’s been so long since i’ve watched it (20 years?).

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If it was unnecessary what does that make Better Call Saul lolz
Fair point. What a great show though. Also, I would say there was more story to tell about Jimmy and Mike compared to Jesse. I'd say I've come out of BCS (it's not over yet, but still) with a different opinion of those characters than I had purely from BB. El Camino left me feeling pretty much exactly the same about Jesse as I did at the end of BB.

Reactions: StaalForOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad