OT: Spoiler Alert [Spoiler Alert ((Spoiler Alert))] (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thread)

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone see 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood'?
Just dl it, wondering how my 3 hours will be spent ahead of time.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm on episode 7.. it's very good. Every bit as good as the first season.
First season was incredible. Didn't start season2 yet, saving it. Don't want to flip between too many shows at once.
Watching 'The Sinner' now. What a great sleeper show.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Binged through Mindhunters season 2 last Saturday. What a fantastic show.

Reactions: Jacob

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Gonna give The Terror a gander.. Arctic & Antarctic exploration topics keep coming up in conversation & my interest is piqued.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Gonna give The Terror a gander.. Arctic & Antarctic exploration topics keep coming up in conversation & my interest is piqued.
It is not bad at all, but (hardly a spoiler or anything new) Simmons's book blows it away. If you have a chance to read to book first, I'd recommend it. One of those few books that scared the **** out of me. Film is certainly enjoyable tho.

Reactions: Jacob

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
A big "meh" from me personally, but that's just one man's opinion.
Nice. speak up and don't be shy, please.
If I dislike anything it is one-sided opinions. I don't know if it's because I like to argue (thanks mom genes) or I prefer the discussion of all angles , highs / lows of whatever the issue is.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
so Veep is hilarious. It's like halfway between The Office for cringe and Always Sunny with people being awful.

BJjC8leCcAEoqx0.jpg

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I've always wanted to see Veep as Ianucci's British political comedies, The Thick Of It and In The Loop, are just savage. Very funny, great characterisation, and some of the best swearing, threats and insults ever seen on a screen. Only problem are the occasional spells of bleak depression when you realise it's not all that far from how things go down.

Yeah. It would be nice if people out there were writing original, well-written stories with those sort of parts in mind.

But instead we're getting lazy "Take That!" casting and lazy retcons and reboots.

Replying to this here rather than in OT as I like to keep the media stuff here - but I've read/heard of a decent amount of books that do that. Who knows? Maybe in 20 years we'll get to see them on the screen.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad