Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Puck Soup is better.

I honestly can't stand it. Some of the interviews are interesting, but generally they're just a bunch of dumb jocks doing dumb jock things.
I kind of felt the same way when i first started listening tbh.

I remember an interview with adrian aucoin that pissed me off (he's a very intelligent guy and good interview btw). The hosts asked him about Ottawa and why they couldn't sell out in the playoffs because he's from there i believe.

His answer was somewhere along the lines of "most of my friends in Ottawa are kind of boring, they just want to pay the mortgage off and sit at home"

Like buddy, not every family can justify the expense of going to nhl playoff games. One game costs almost half of what a week long family vacation costs...we all can't afford to have kids in ivy league schools while bringing them up with all the opportunities and to be comfortably retired at 38.

Anyways i think it was a bit of lack of self awareness/diplomacy on his part.

I do like the insight and the interviews are generally quite funny.

Reactions: VP

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
The Avery interview is great. The guys a grade a narcissistic dbag but he's not afraid to share funny stories. Especially interesting if you're a wing fan. Handful of nice stories about Bowman,babs,yzerman and the guys from the early 2000's.

Any chance someone has a Youtube link and time stamp? I'd love to hear the Wings stories, but can't find that interview/portion.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Puck Soup is better.

I honestly can't stand it. Some of the interviews are interesting, but generally they're just a bunch of dumb jocks doing dumb jock things.
Not a very nice thing to say. It’s usually interesting and gives some real insight into what it’s like for players in the league.

Were you the guy getting beat up at the bus stop like Brooksy?

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Puck Soup is better.

What it does is provide a ton of context for what is and isn't acceptable in the league. Love hearing them break down hits or plays and give their opinions, I'm not going to it for their analysis of the game/stats but more so for the micro-analysis of what they as former players see. Would love for them to add a just one more person in a former skilled forward so then we'd have the skilled player, the stay at home d-man, and the enforcers take on all things.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The episode with Kerry Fraser was amazing.

I hope they can get more retired refs on the show. I would love to hear Bill McCreary's stories for example, but he still works with the league, I think, so he might not be as unfiltered.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Puck Soup is better.

I like puck soup, but man does Wish get annoying REAL quick. The same lame impressions week over week. I loved Lozo and love Lambert.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Such a great change of pace from all the other suit-and-tie hockey media out there. I mean if your offended easily then its not for you. Biz and Whit are hilarious and detrimental --- insider chicklets joke.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Puck Soup is better.

I like their style. We get enough formal media so to have the guys just talking like they're hanging out is a good take. I like that it's goofy and informative all at once.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
He was like the best Dman on your team when he was healthy. Sounds like you're the pigeon.
to be fair that was only like 25 games. His Oiler stories are hilarious though. First time meeting Penner before they walk through Rexalls bar to the ice

"listen to the verbal abuse I take before even stepping on the ice"

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Not a fan. The one guy (Witt maybe? didn't catch his name) on episode 168 just shit all over the islanders despite our winning the series handedly. Not interested in that kind of bias.

MoPucks

Feb 3, 2009
Stl
Not a fan. The one guy (Witt maybe? didn't catch his name) on episode 168 just **** all over the islanders despite our winning the series handedly. Not interested in that kind of bias.

Hmm.. I wonder why he is so biased?

ryan_whitney_25.jpg

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
His rant was more directed at Frankie Borelli as opposed to the Islanders.
No it wasn't. He criticized the whole fanbase and team, deriding us for our low amount of series wins in recent memory and for our (justified) hatred of Tavares.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Skin so thin its almost see through
Maybe. Not interested in listening to a podcast that simultaneously criticizes one team for their sweep while praising the jackets. If the islanders sucked this year it would b understandable. Seems like Whitney just hates the islanders. Just dont care to listen to a podcast where somebody hates my team that much lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad