Spittin Chiclets Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
It's rich suburban white kid speak. Just lol @ your response.
Sounds like you gotta get to Cactus Club. Don't talk to the waitresses, get either the Billionaire Cut Steak, or the Tuna Stack.

If you're upset about how these guys talk, I can assure McDavid and the rest of the boys are no different.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
What's the problem with Barstool? I've heard they have personalities that lean to the right politically but is there something more than that for people that don't care for them? Genuinely curious.
Large majority of their employees are frat bro d-bags. Chiclets is essentially the only thing I like about Barstool.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
I love it but they need more Edmonton Oiler guys plus Whitney sounds butthurt about his time in Edmonton for some reason, his Guy Smilie lookin ass was lucky to still be in the league when he was with us taking up a roster spot like a pidgeon.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
I liked the one story they told about how they put a dead mouse in somebody's shoe, and they were walking around with it, not noticing it was there. I think it was Brooks Orpik who did it to Whitney.

Def normalizes the guys, and you get a little insight into their personalities, rather than seeing them as monolithic athletes with generic responses they normally have.

Reactions: Mack Attack

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Anytime Biz says 'Hairy Knaaackles' it has me on the floor.

Came here to post that hahaha. I think its Rusty Klesla he’s impersonating but it’s so funny.

I’m trying to think who else would be great on the pod.

Jarko Ruutu
Brendan Gallagher
Marty Turco
Marc Methot
Josh Gorges (both him and Methot are super well spoken in interviews)

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Came here to post that hahaha. I think its Rusty Klesla he’s impersonating but it’s so funny.

I’m trying to think who else would be great on the pod.

Jarko Ruutu
Brendan Gallagher
Marty Turco
Marc Methot
Josh Gorges (both him and Methot are super well spoken in interviews)
I want Dustin Penner on so bad.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Been listening since the beginning when it was just Whit and RA. When Biz joined it took a little for RA to get the dynamic down but they've gotten the chemistry going now.

Roenick scare prank story was ridiculous.

Favorites-
Adam Oates
Ryan Reaves
Mike Mottau (the Boston accent alone)
Marty St. Louis
Ray Ferraro
Marc-Andre Fluery (during the Finals)

Last edited:
Reactions: CPTN71

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
How does everyone feel about Puck Soup 2.0? It seems like 3 talking heads is too many IMO.
After the douche move Lozo pulled I'm good with it, way too quick to pass judgement after 1 episode. Wysh is a good host and he's funny with the impressions, I'm sure they'll round into form.

EurlichBachman

Oct 30, 2017
Chicago
Need to get Brett Hull on the pod. Seems like all of the older guys have great stories about him. Gotta imagine the stories he has are ridiculous.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
There was a good listen last season when Marchand was allowed to go to the all-star game after the suspension for the Johansson hit where Whitney talked about how for the most part the fans hold way more animosity towards players than the actual players do towards each other. He wasn't condoning the dirty play or anything, just more or less saying that the players get over it way quicker than the fans do.

coworkers generally find ways to work together...

fans aren't coworkers.

players are.

fans care WAY MORE about the game than the players.

players care WAY MORE about getting paid.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
What's been said about Marc Crawford?
Just basically a total tyrannical asshole. The fact that he is around our young players bothers me. Listen to the Spittin Chiclets episode with Brent Sopel and he goes over what he went through with that a-hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->