Spittin Chiclets Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Maybe. Not interested in listening to a podcast that simultaneously criticizes one team for their sweep while praising the jackets. If the islanders sucked this year it would b understandable. Seems like Whitney just hates the islanders. Just dont care to listen to a podcast where somebody hates my team that much lol
It was just an annoying character that Whitney took issue with, but i dont blame you for taking offense. He went off on the Isles.

Generally they're fairly unbiased. Id give them another chance.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
If anything if fueled my hate for avery. Dude is delusional

He for sure is, but he also had some good stories. Another way I looked at him differently was that he said he wouldn't cross the line with chirps. As in there was a lot that was off limits for him to say to others. That doesn't sound like much, but compare that with the Kerry Fraser podcast. He talked about someone making fun of Theo Fleury for his addiction when he was going through rehab, and then making him apologize to Fleury for it.

I also thought Brett Hull putting him on his place was a good story, shows the respect most players have for one another.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I agree, they are at their best when talking about old stories and just shooting the **** with interviews. When they try be Journos it's a bit of a turn off, but I love the podcast.

It also helps reduce hatred towards other players when they get on the pod and you realize they're good guys. For me Giroux, Avery, Upshall, Hartnell, and to a lesser extent Roenick (I never hated him, but he is worlds better on the pod than he is on NBC). It also gave me a newfound appreciation for guys like Malone, Yandle, Hayes, and a ton others.
Barnaby was a dick. He still takes great pride in breaking brindamours nose, a guy who never really fought.

I did find him somewhat likable otherwise.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Barnaby was a dick. He still takes great pride in breaking brindamours nose, a guy who never really fought.

I did find him somewhat likable otherwise.

I agree, and I liked Barnaby growing up. He also said he had no limits and would say anything, which is 100% believable. He had some good stories too, but the Kerry Fraser story about him pulling out his fake tooth to buy calls was hilarious.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Love this podcast.

Biz was a little pissy for a while - maybe he was going through some personal stuff at the time - but he's been much, much better for the past few weeks.

It's a great Podcast when the boys aren't going after eachother.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
He for sure is, but he also had some good stories. Another way I looked at him differently was that he said he wouldn't cross the line with chirps. As in there was a lot that was off limits for him to say to others. That doesn't sound like much, but compare that with the Kerry Fraser podcast. He talked about someone making fun of Theo Fleury for his addiction when he was going through rehab, and then making him apologize to Fleury for it.

I also thought Brett Hull putting him on his place was a good story, shows the respect most players have for one another.

Even that was weird. Nothing homophobic or attacking a guy for addiction...makes sense to me and good for him for not crossing those lines. However he did chirp Jason Blake for having cancer...I mean wow.

Reactions: StaalForOne

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Weird hate for the Whitdog in here. That man is amazing lol love how much credit he gives to Sid and Geno for making him rich.

"Every time I tap the credit card I give a little thanks to Sid".

Great pod and definitely agree that their strength is in interviewing and telling stories more than analysis, though they can have some interesting insight from the former player perspective. RA is also hilarious, all of the guys can take a joke and have a sense of self-depreciating humour, which I tend to enjoy.

Sjsharks5

Jan 3, 2019
Maybe. Not interested in listening to a podcast that simultaneously criticizes one team for their sweep while praising the jackets. If the islanders sucked this year it would b understandable. Seems like Whitney just hates the islanders. Just dont care to listen to a podcast where somebody hates my team that much lol
By all means, move on and don’t give it a chance if that’s your decision. But holy shit, are you missing out on a gold mine! As a fellow hockey fan, it’s a shame for you to miss out on some of the absolute gold they put on air sometimes.

Whit played for the Pens, admittedly has a huge bias, lost money betting on the series, and as other have mentioned to you, has a running beef with one particular Isles fan in particular that they’ve had on the podcast before (to debate with Sean Avery, btw). Outside of that 5 minute clip, you have about 162 episodes of prime material waiting for you.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh
Sep 19, 2008
The bottom line is any podcast is better than your generic TSN or Sportsnet radio trash. I would encourage everyone to get podcast apps on their phone and download hockey podcasts, any that they can find, including this one. Then just put it in the car and drive around. Good way to pass the time.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
There not fake and seem to be really presenting them as themselves on it which I like. Prefer it over puck soup

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
"Couple name drops...watch your feet." is an awesome line that pops up now and again.

I also love the green jacket "given" out to the guy who has the "lowest" score in the NHL = the most minuses. That is hilarious that the players look around the league and absolutely do not want that distinction.

Also saying guys that have goals in the teens-low 20's and assist totals in the single digits had "Cy Young" seasons is amazing.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Best hockey podcast and it isn't even close, Spittin Chiclets has a little bit of everything. Whitney is hilarious, you're missing out.

Reactions: Mosby

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
If you want to know who wins the series or cup, think the exact opposite of their analysis lmao. Even though they have been surprisingly spot on with the Boston/Toronto series.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I'm probably in the minority but i could go without the sex stories like at the end of today's show. I don't mind alluding to grown up activities but I'm really not interested in specific details of other men's sex lives.

Again, probably in the minority on this one.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Love the pod, I think all the guys compliment each other really well. Also, I've gotta say that RA is pretty impartial despite being a huge Bruins fan so that's a big plus. Biz occasionally has some old man takes but I'd say this is probably the most entertaining hockey podcast out there easily

Yeah, I just assumed it would be bruin centric but RA is actually good about not turning into a Boston fest.

On the other hand, you have that guy who runs the ray ferraro podcast, and he wastes a ton of time on the leafs. It eventually got to be too much for me, and I had to bail on it. It's too bad because I enjoy ferraro too.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad