Spittin Chiclets Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
There was a good listen last season when Marchand was allowed to go to the all-star game after the suspension for the Johansson hit where Whitney talked about how for the most part the fans hold way more animosity towards players than the actual players do towards each other. He wasn't condoning the dirty play or anything, just more or less saying that the players get over it way quicker than the fans do.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Very good that this got bumped, going to make a lot of people on here happy lol

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I love how the players are able to show their personalities on this podcast. It humanizes them.
It's like...they're just talking about normal stuff instead of giving generic replies to generic questions that they normally get, or something..............

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
Biz loves the wrench talk lol. Sean Avery was a good one too.

Every time they've had someone on that I never cared for or didn't like for some reason, I always came away with an appreciation of their off ice personality or something else about them I found relatable. Until Sean Avery. Jesus that guy is just as big a jerk in real life as he was on the ice. Outstanding and interesting interview, even if it made me hate the guy even more.

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
Every time they've had someone on that I never cared for or didn't like for some reason, I always came away with an appreciation of their off ice personality or something else about them I found relatable. Until Sean Avery. Jesus that guy is just as big a jerk in real life as he was on the ice. Outstanding and interesting interview, even if it made me hate the guy even more.

The Zetterberg and Yzerman stories Avery told were absolute gold though.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
There was a good listen last season when Marchand was allowed to go to the all-star game after the suspension for the Johansson hit where Whitney talked about how for the most part the fans hold way more animosity towards players than the actual players do towards each other. He wasn't condoning the dirty play or anything, just more or less saying that the players get over it way quicker than the fans do.

I've always gotten that impression from listening to players mic'd up- they're all professionals going through the same stuff so I think they understand each other a bit better than the fans do.

I remember years ago when Buf/Ott was heated, and some Buf player had to be held back in the tunnels cause there was one guy in particular that was just a Gillies level goon... it was just interesting to hear- "you gotta work with that guy, you gotta defend him, and you shouldn't! You know he doesn't belong here!" Something along those lines, and it was so much more brutal because it was coming from a more.. objective place? Like they'd just finished fighting for 60 minutes but usually everyone is chill at that point. Nope, there was one guy who just did not get that level of respect.

Reactions: Felidae
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad