Spittin Chiclets Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He would've been a beauty if not for all the ACL tears.

I really liked him on Montreal, and this is after he had a few ACL tears already.

He's a big reason the habs made the playoffs that year (2011) despite losing markov for the season (which is why they traded for him in the first place).

He was a good player who just had really bad luck with injuries.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Their interviewing skills have pretty much flat lined. It is the same schtick and questions each time. Luckily, alot of the guests have been great and ran with the questions. Its more about just letting them blast off with the 3 best stories they have

RA: "So why did you pick major juniors over NCAA?"
Biz: "You played with XXX, what a beauty, you must have some great stories, he punched me once"
Whit" So you getting much golf in these days"

When you compare them to actual professionals, you can tell the steep learning curve thatll have to come. Theyve only been doing it for a short time. But you rarely ever get any more discussion on anything beyond the 3 top stories the guest has rehearsed a 100 times in their head

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I really liked him on Montreal, and this is after he had a few ACL tears already.

He's a big reason the habs made the playoffs that year (2011) despite losing markov for the season (which is why they traded for him in the first place).

He was a good player who just had really bad luck with injuries.

As a Knights fan, I was pissed when he beat out Wideman for OHL defenseman of the year, but he deserved it. He was kind of similar to Subban in that he brought offense, physicality and agitation to the table. He also had an excellent fight card against tough opponents. They don't make 'em like Wiz anymore.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Their interviewing skills have pretty much flat lined. It is the same schtick and questions each time. Luckily, alot of the guests have been great and ran with the questions. Its more about just letting them blast off with the 3 best stories they have

Biz: "You played with XXX, what a beauty, you must have some great stories, he punched me once"

When you compare them to actual professionals, you can tell the steep learning curve thatll have to come. Theyve only been doing it for a short time. But you rarely ever get any more discussion on anything beyond the 3 top stories the guest has rehearsed a 100 times in their head
That’s literally the point of the show and almost all their guests are hockey players so what would you expect them to ask? I’m really confused.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
That’s literally the point of the show and almost all their guests are hockey players so what would you expect them to ask? I’m really confused.

I like Chiclets and all but the questions seem like a fill in the blank and not specifically geared toward their guest (unless Whitney or Biz has partied with them.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Yeah, thats the charm of the show.

I don't listen to this pod for a structured, buttoned up interview. There's plenty other places you can get that.

I just want to hear the guests shoot the breeze, and tell a few stories. Thats what chiclets is all about.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It was so good. Man I could sit down with him over several beers and listen to his stories one after another

As far as players go, wiz is right there with Scott Gomez. He's another guy they need back.

Kerry fraser was another really good one. I wish they would tap into the old school refs a bit more.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A

yet their podcast is one of the more interesting and entertaining sports podcasts around... much better than the shows with experienced hosts which all sound the same boring rehearsed crap no one cares about, with the same tired "professional" questions we've all heard before.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I like Chiclets and all but the questions seem like a fill in the blank and not specifically geared toward their guest (unless Whitney or Biz has partied with them.
Im sorry, what? That's the opposite of what their questions are like.....

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
For not having any hockey to talk about Chiclets hasn't suffered in quality as much as I thought they would. The interviews are always a little hit or miss honestly. I'd like to see them do one where they all get blitzed with a former player. That'd be funny.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I agree some episodes/interviews have been a bit stale lately. I don’t really blame them though since there’s literally been zero hockey for the past 3 months. I’m guessing it’ll pick up once the season resumes.

If there’s one thing I’ve noticed that slightly bums me out a is the way Biz has grown up/censored within the past year. I get it and good for him but he seems to be holding back especially compared to his early days on the pod. Pure speculation on my part but I’m guessing it may have something to do with the Roenick interview.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
If there’s one thing I’ve noticed that slightly bums me out a is the way Biz has grown up/censored within the past year. I get it and good for him but he seems to be holding back especially compared to his early days on the pod. Pure speculation on my part but I’m guessing it may have something to do with the Roenick interview.

This was always going to be the downfall of the show. The more popular it gets, the more PC it'll get. Biz isn't going to bring up stories about banging chicks and doing drugs anymore. They'll be viewed as sexist and just a bunch of men being men...and that's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad