Speedy Recovery, George Parros

• Thread starter WolfgangAmadeusEller*
  • Start date

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
More excuses from Hab fans when our team goes down in flames. Blame the GM for having 1 designated tough guy that feels he has to step into every situation. Or, you know, we can continue down this path for another 5 years.

It was an accident, deal with it.

What a fail of a reply.

First I don't think we went down in flames, I thought we played a good game tonight but there's a reason I quoted that post for best comment in the GDT because it reflected the irony of this match when it's really "Typical Toronto" (or Carolina) for us. We got screwed, but more than that, our youngins played a lot better than the vets which seems to be the direction this team is heading in - we're in a cocoon state and shedding the outer layers slowly.

Second we responded beautifully this game to every initiation by the leafs and came out on top, even where Parros face planted, he won that fight. He's hardly alone out there and his presence has motivated Moen seemingly who fought as if he's back on the Ducks with Parros as well. He does have a 'fighting' aura that makes a team grow a couple of inches.

Orr is a ***** and he tugged down hard on Parros' jersey after fearing a barrage of fists to his face, leading to this 'unfortunate' accident. Usually this move is tolerated because they tackle each other leading to contacts to the ice where the face usually isn't involved but this was a brainless move that lead to injury, possibly a concussion. His intent might not have been to injure, but that was the result.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Parros showed tonight what won us 24 cups. He showed heart. He was past his prime but won 2 fights against Toronto's younger stronger enforcer.

You know what, that same heart is what we won cups 23 and 24 with, heart, a young Patrick Roy in 86 and a I win will at all costs heart I win 10 OT's Patrick Roy in 93. Sometimes heart gets the best of you and you tell the President I'm done.

I finally feel like we are on the path again. Galchenyuk seen the difference, he is our future, he is our holy grail. He seen Moen step up and take on fraser to protect Prust. Prust don't need protecting but Moen still kicked ass.

We are going to win again, but it won't because of gooning it will because of heart. We finally have it again. I'll take a loss today because I see the silver lining.

+1 on that

MDN

Jun 6, 2013
Montreal
Scary moment, was at my parents place with my dad on his bday today, and all he wanted to do was watch the Habs play, my dad was teary eyed watching Parros laying on the ice.

I hope he recovers soon, we need more guys with heart on this team.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Dirty

Didn't "fall", was pulled down

Look again closely at
:
- orr's feet before & as he falls
- orr's body twisting before/as he falls

Judo, plain and simple.

Meanwhile, TSN game recap "loses balanced stepping on a glove"...
Look at the glove, doesn't get touched until long after both players go down...
Rush to paint it as freak accident without looking at it closely,

Forget injury
Forget outcome

Just look at the fight & what each guy was trying to do before going down... These aren't high school kids, they understand balance & weight manipulation.

Orr threw parros to the ice using his own falling (self directed) body weight for leverage

Judo

Dirty

I wouldnt call it judo. I do agree that it was a dirty chicken **** move by Orr. If you watch the video, Orr clearly pulls Parros down. Parros did not fall down.....he was yanked down.

I saw apologizing for Kessel last week on this board.

Again, I see apologizing for another cheap **** Leafs player by a lot of Habs fans.

Get well George.......I hope you get a chance to get some revenge against that ******* Orr.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
4aLxHxG.jpg

For Parros.

For my Greek brother.

Get well.

(I'm more handsome in real life)

What happened to your nose?

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
I know this thread will probably get closed but I just had to get this off my chest.
I was watching the game on my laptop at university and when I saw Parros not moving and blood pouring out of his face I was LITERALLY frozen. Every second seemed like hours. It's like seeing your own father getting injured. That's how much the HABS are a part of my life. Then I went to the forum and read some of the comments of the wannabe comedians. "he kissed the floor" was one of many comments that made me wonder how heartless people may be. The guy did everything he could on the ice today and had a tragic injury and some people seem to take it as a joke.
I'm gonna have a hard time falling asleep tonight for sure.
Hope you get well, Mustache !

I hope that you realize by now that internet comment boards bring out the biggest ******** around. :help:

LLoyd Christmas I

Jul 11, 2013
Would it be too much to ask to consolidate these threads into one that's titled 'get well soon' or something along those lines?

I feel like our board is sending the wrong message to outsiders with these thread titles.

parrosfan16

May 13, 2009
Question, does Parros have any history of concussions? Has he ever had a fight finish badly with a KO or something like that?

Ducks fan here (and Parros fan obviously), and I don't remember him ever having a concussion when he played for the Ducks.

HNS*

Habs need an exorcism. Price needed to be traded during the off season. That being said, whatever curse the Kennedy family has against them also is evident in this hockey club. You can rest assured that the ghosts that were at the forum have not signed off at the Bell Centre. The Molsons need a good priest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad