Speedy Recovery, George Parros

• Thread starter WolfgangAmadeusEller*
  • Start date

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Guaranteed classy Leaf fans will come in here and gave praise, or at the very least hope for a speedy recovery, so don't **** with them.

I hate Orr, but even though he didn't really do anything, I gained respect for him. That and when he beat the **** out of Kaleta. I don't approve of jumping the guy, but it's ****ing Kaleta.

Seriously, **** Kaleta. I wish White would brain him or Emelin would take out his knees. I'll cheer for Orr, Lucic, CHARA to take the guy out.

Nothing serious so the guy doesn't get a nice life with his family, but just enough to hurt him badly.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Parros didn't do anything. The only difference his presence made is that Orr had 2 fights instead of zero. I hope Parros is OK, i don't like to see people get hurt, but his ilk have no place in the game.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Parros didn't do anything. The only difference his presence made is that Orr had 2 fights instead of zero. I hope Parros is OK, i don't like to see people get hurt, but his ilk have no place in the game.

I actually thought Parros played a pretty solid game and made some impressive plays to maintain pressure in the offensive zone. More than I can say for Briere especially given the ice-time differences.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Pretty scary moment. Parros is a classy guy and I hope he has a very speedy recovery.

WolfgangAmadeusEller*

Moen, Tinordi, Prust and Subban disagree. His presence alone made the other players grow 3 inches taller.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Thoughts of Parros

I know this thread will probably get closed but I just had to get this off my chest.
I was watching the game on my laptop at university and when I saw Parros not moving and blood pouring out of his face I was LITERALLY frozen. Every second seemed like hours. It's like seeing your own father getting injured. That's how much the HABS are a part of my life. Then I went to the forum and read some of the comments of the wannabe comedians. "he kissed the floor" was one of many comments that made me wonder how heartless people may be. The guy did everything he could on the ice today and had a tragic injury and some people seem to take it as a joke.
I'm gonna have a hard time falling asleep tonight for sure.
Hope you get well, Mustache !

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
but his ilk have no place in the game.

I grew up with Patrick Roy as my childhood hero, I played street hockey in the summers and skated at the outdoor rink every night when I didn't have organized hockey, I literally played hockey 4 hours a day from the time I was 5 till 16. Fighting was always part of hockey, even at the minor levels. In pee wee, our coach had us practice how to handle yourself in a scrum, we had full cages but you needed to know what to do if a fight were to break out, so even us goalies fought against each other. Even though someone as finesse as Roy was my hero, I modeled most of my game after Hextall.

Then I played AAA major pee wee against the bantams, well a midget league folded and one of the midget teams joined the bantam league, so here we were playing against grown men more less. The would try push us around cuz they were 3-4 years older than us but we had to keep our own and win at our game while not totally backing down.

Hockey is a phsyical game. People say fighting doesn't belong or stick swinging but they will never leave the game. Ever single game, there are slashing penalties. A slashing penalty is swinging the stick, it is never going away. It's just part of the game.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Definitively no neck issue here, and I'm not sure about the broken jaw. Broken teeth is a certainty.

Concussion is 100% certain. But he did wake up on the ice...they immobilised him. So for everybody that didn't see it, he woke up and he moved some, this isn't like Eller or Pacioretty, but yeah, concussion.

Thanks for the diagnosis Internet doctor. :sarcasm:

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Just heard on the radio that he has a concussion, is alert and responsive. That's great news. Hopefully it's mild and recovers quickly.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Thanks for the diagnosis Internet doctor. :sarcasm:

Nah.

How about White and Emelin each take a leg and do the whole "make a wish" move from pro wrestling where they each pull opposite ways real hard?

Not gruesome, he gets a groin injury, he gets to go home to wifey and junior, and doesn't annoy humanity for a while!

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
I heard he wanted to leave the ice on his own but they wouldn't let him.

I wouldn't have either. He had that 'got hit on the head with an anvil' expression on his face. I could almost see the cartoon birds around his head.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Man, i still feel bad in my stomach for Parros... :(

He was having such a good game and he was awesome... Just hope he recovers quickly and 100%.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I agree with OP.

I'm thinking about growing a stache in his honor. Srs.

Habiton

Apr 30, 2010
I hope this helps you a bit:

From Elliotte Friedman
Canadiens announce concussion for Parros. Undergoing more tests...alert and conscious, Thank God.

That was terrifying. Like Patches and Eller. This sport has to change or it will die.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Man, i still feel bad in my stomach for Parros... :(

He was having such a good game and he was awesome... Just hope he recovers quickly and 100%.

He was awesome. It felt great (for a short while) to have someone who could dole out a little a discipline. That's an awful way to fall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->