Speedy Recovery, George Parros

• Thread starter WolfgangAmadeusEller*
  • Start date

DDIHH

Oct 28, 2005
NHL players want it there as they continue to vote it in there. I'm sure you know better than they do... Right?
Not that I'm against fighting, but that point is weak... There was a time when most players were against the helmet, most goalies against the mask or the neck protector.
In fact, it's a common behavior for any human being to oppose change, especially when they are aging...

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
How long do you guys think he'll be out for? 2-3 months?

It's a serious concussion. A grade 1 and grade 2 concussion don't involve a player being unconscious. Parros was knocked out of it, for quite a while, which indicates it could very well be a grade 3 concussion. A concussion of that magnitude requires immediate attention and can leave someone with mild-to-severe brain damage.

Having suffered two of that specific concussion, recovery time can last anywhere between 1-6 months, depending on prior history and how he rests up. Could be a while before we see him back in action.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Parros is tweeting...Dr. Reechi thinks it might not be that bad after all.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
It's a serious concussion. A grade 1 and grade 2 concussion don't involve a player being unconscious. Parros was knocked out of it, for quite a while, which indicates it could very well be a grade 3 concussion. A concussion of that magnitude requires immediate attention and can leave someone with mild-to-severe brain damage.

Having suffered two of that specific concussion, recovery time can last anywhere between 1-6 months, depending on prior history and how he rests up. Could be a while before we see him back in action.

Not really. These are a poor prognosis predictors. Most of us don't use this grading system anymore and we go with simple vs. complicated terminology based on evolution. Look at Eller, he was knocked out and symptom free relatively shortly after the hit.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Praying for a speedy recovery for Parros.
He was having a great game, and I was really liking him, damn ice.
But I must say, I gained respect for Orr, recognizing that something wasn't right and calling for the trainers right away.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Don't we have a goon in Hamilton we could call up and dress against the tougher teams. Even if he can take the Colton Orrs off the ice with him. So they can't rough house our smaller players

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
I hope this helps you a bit:

From Elliotte Friedman
Canadiens announce concussion for Parros. Undergoing more tests...alert and conscious, Thank God.

That was terrifying. Like Patches and Eller. This sport has to change or it will die.

what the actual ****?

maybe if they made rubber rinks instead of icey ones...

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON
For all those debating on a player like Parros' worth to a team, as a Leaf fan I can tell you that his play on the ice absolutely garnered momentum for the Habs as he skated well and laid out some heavy checks. Even was a part of some scoring chances.

Whether or not his first go with Orr did anything for the team, I don't know.. I know it probably got the fans going, and I know I was more than a little disappointed to see Orr get handled like that.. But the Leafs scored not long after that fight.

I know this kind of thing is gonna open up the debate of whether fighting should be allowed or not, but keep in mind this injury is because of a FREAK ACCIDENT, not because of the fight. Guys go down in fights and pull themselves back up all the time.

In the end, all the best wishes to Parros. I hope this doesn't put his career in jeopardy like it did Orr's.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Every hockey fan know Colton Orr is dirty and it seems like judo 'cuz ye throw Parros over him

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Don't we have a goon in Hamilton we could call up and dress against the tougher teams. Even if he can take the Colton Orrs off the ice with him. So they can't rough house our smaller players

Blunden and Tarnasky but they are not heavyweight Please we need Peter Worrell or Mike Rupp

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Dirty

Didn't "fall", was pulled down

Look again closely at
:
- orr's feet before & as he falls
- orr's body twisting before/as he falls

Judo, plain and simple.

Meanwhile, TSN game recap "loses balanced stepping on a glove"...
Look at the glove, doesn't get touched until long after both players go down...
Rush to paint it as freak accident without looking at it closely,

Forget injury
Forget outcome

Just look at the fight & what each guy was trying to do before going down... These aren't high school kids, they understand balance & weight manipulation.

Orr threw parros to the ice using his own falling (self directed) body weight for leverage

Judo

Dirty

epic post

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
hate to see something like this at any point of the season never mind game 1 no matter what team.

Hope he is back soon and ok.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Dirty

Didn't "fall", was pulled down

Look again closely at
:
- orr's feet before & as he falls
- orr's body twisting before/as he falls

Judo, plain and simple.

Meanwhile, TSN game recap "loses balanced stepping on a glove"...
Look at the glove, doesn't get touched until long after both players go down...
Rush to paint it as freak accident without looking at it closely,

Forget injury
Forget outcome

Just look at the fight & what each guy was trying to do before going down... These aren't high school kids, they understand balance & weight manipulation.

Orr threw parros to the ice using his own falling (self directed) body weight for leverage

Judo

Dirty

Like the Emelin injury, I don't see anything dirty there. His hand was stuck in Orr's jersey and when Orr fell like a ton of bricks it pulled Parros over top him, unfortunate he couldn't put his other hand/arm to brace his fall...good news it it looks like he'll be fine.

Palmateer

Routine kick save
Jan 27, 2012
My thoughts are with Parros this morning. I hope he is resting comfortably this morning and on his way to a speedy and full recovery. He is a very likeable and classy guy destined to be a huge fan favorite in Montreal, and it was heart-wrenching to see him injured like that. Have a good season, Habs fans.

choccy

Sep 17, 2010
London UK
Hurry back, George. You looked great in a Habs sweater.

I'm sure there's a lot of gutless losers who want to make passive aggressive trolling attempts disguised as condolences.

Sure glad you're not one of them.

I was sarcastically taking the mickey out of the previous posters saying he fell over. ;)

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Meh! It was a fight and **** happens.

Meh! It was a fight and **** happens.

True

2 willing combatants, **** does happen just like orr's conclusion when Parrros fell on him.

In terms if damage done, probably similar

In terms of intent/control? Completely different.

If it were a bite, people would be up in arms... This was way dirtier than a bite.

They all try to pull each other down, though. You try to bring the other guy with you. I don't think any amount of Judo could have told him the way Parros would fall.

Absolutely.

But throwing your body/dropping to the ice while simultaneously pulling your opponent to the ice while firmly holding the neck of a sweater is flat out dirty.

Not the same as pulling for leverage or get a guy off balance.

Granted, in a fight ur trying to pop him with a fist, the way Orr moved, he basically used the ice as a weapon. Not unlike bertuzzi falling on Moore... The sucker punch is something else entirely(not comparing that), but the "fall on top of/grind into the ice for maximum damage" is similar in intent.

Hurt the guy using the ice.

Dirty.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
According to @LavoieRenaud the news is positive regarding Parros. Detailed examinations reveal that there is no fracture.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
You know what, maybe Orr did pull him down. I doubt a guy like orr wanted to be doing snow angels on the ground solo but I highly doubt it was an intent to injure. Just split second stuff and accident. So it's really irrelevant.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
According to @LavoieRenaud the news is positive regarding Parros. Detailed examinations reveal that there is no fracture.

Yup, just heard this on TSNRadio690. CT Scan negative, only concussion. So far, that's all the info.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad