Proposal: Speculation: Rumours: Done Deals: Trade Deadline 2019 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Gauthier:
44 games played
2 goals
10 points (0.23 PPG)
54.1 FO%
48.1 CF%
67.1 DZS%
8:17 ATOI

Glendening:
54 games played
8 goals
18 points (0.33 PPG)
56.3 FO%
41.1 CF%
67.1 DZS%
15:51 ATOI

-So basically Glendening is an older, smaller,
more expensive Gauthier that plays twice as much.

For the love of god keep this guy away from Babs! You just know he'd bump him up to the third line with Kadri or something stupid

Reactions: Kiwi and rumman

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Glendening IMO is the type of talent that shouldn't be making much more than the maximum salary bury amount (~$1M). If Detroit is willing to retain half of his salary, I'd send a 3rd and a B grade prospect (Timashov/Brooks/Borgmann) and give him a try as the 4th line center knowing I could bury him without consequences.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Replace Jensen for Hainsey and you've got something
I'd get Marleau away from Matthews as well

I'm on board the Zaitsev for Glendenning train, I can't understand why Detroit does it but why not from a Leafs POV
I wouldn't be happy if it doesn't involve Zaitsev though, it's a cap killer in any other scenario I've tried

if I had my way with the forward lines...

Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen
Ennis-Glendenning-Brown

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Replace Jensen for Hainsey and you've got something
I'd get Marleau away from Matthews as well

I'm on board the Zaitsev for Glendenning train, I can't understand why Detroit does it but why not from a Leafs POV
I wouldn't be happy if it doesn't involve Zaitsev though, it's a cap killer in any other scenario I've tried

I could see them doing Brown for Glendening. Not that I'm a fan of the move. Minimal savings, an extra year, and a mostly lateral move for an upgrade on 4C.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If Dubas trades for Glendenning I will downgrade my view of him dramatically. Unless both Z and Marleau go the other way!!!

Marleau is definitely not going the other way. Dubas gets an A+ if he can move and upgrade Z before the playoffs. I do not mind acquiring Glendening if the cost is minimal (the money would have to balance out of course). A 4th line of Par, Goat and Brown will get eaten up in the playoffs.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
An alt theory is the rumor ksmcoming from the Wings trying to inflate his value or if he’s a random favourite of Babcocks (Mirtle has hinted that some of these trade rumors may have came from the Leafs coaching staff rather than management).

Because Glendening is 100% not a Dubas type player

Reactions: ToneDog

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
People equating Gauthier and Glendenning: shake your heads

gauthfr95

glendlu89

Reactions: ToneDog

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

gauthfr95

glendlu89

He's terrible for his cap hit. He's not worth ~1.2M more than Gauthier. Isn't Glendening sporting a very high PDO as well? Overall, Glendening is player coaches overplay for some intangible reason and wonder why they struggle immensely. Only reasoning he's playing so much is for their lack of depth.

I think everyone is on board if it's Zaitsev going the other way, which is probably the only thing that makes sense.

Reactions: Menzinger and Kiwi

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Thinking I could have signed JT and overpaid for the big 3 makes me glass half empty ? I don't believe I have criticised Dubas much in the past. In my opinion, he has been OK for a rookie GM. The Muzzin trade has him trending up. He now needs to keep it going. If he does not further address the D or our lack of heavy players and we get bounced in the first round by the Bruins, I will probably criticise him and Babs. Likewise they will be praised if they do well in the playoffs.
Ok...I apologize for a nastier than intended reply. However,when someone states they can do Dubas job,it makes me wince. Could you or anyone else signed those players for less money? No guy!No one could have. Simply because it takes 2 to tango!Do you not believe Dubas and his management team have the 'big picture' in focus? I do.
That said,I too have been critical of the team (mostly of Babs ) but not Dubas. Getting Tavares here was an incredible feat in Leaf history(not sure how long you been watchin)....The money the 'kids' are getting is simply the price of hockey these days,it's going up! Is it too much? Yeah,sure it's too much for the average fan to digest,but it is gonna look reasonable in a few years I bet.Anyway,on to the playoffs!

Reactions: Chindis

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
if I had my way with the forward lines...

Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen
Ennis-Glendenning-Brown

Sign me up, I still like Gauthier better than Glendenning though
He's nothing more that a 13th forward imo
You just know he'd get overplayed as well

I could see them doing Brown for Glendening. Not that I'm a fan of the move. Minimal savings, an extra year, and a mostly lateral move for an upgrade on 4C.

No ******* way, Brown is a decent player with positive value
Glendenning certainly isn't that with his contract

gauthfr95

glendlu89

He sucks, but I'm willing to do it if Zaitsev is going the other way
I certainly wouldn't play him over Gauthier though

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
He's terrible for his cap hit. He's not worth ~1.1M more than Gauthier. Isn't Glendening sporting a very high PDO as well?

I think everyone is on board if it's Zaitsev going the other way, which is probably the only thing that makes sense.

We could stomach the cap hit increase from Gauthier if it was only for the remainder of this season. He's got 2 more years on his contract, each with probable diminishing returns.

Reactions: SprDaVE

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
He's terrible for his cap hit. He's not worth ~1.1M more than Gauthier. Isn't Glendening sporting a very high PDO as well?

He tasked with a role way above his head. No 4C is going to play 1st line competition with 3rd line linemates in defensive usage and not look terrible in aggregate. He'd make us a better team.

I agree that the cap reality is that Zaits would have to go the other way or we'd need retention, but he'd make us a better team

ChazzMichaelMichaels

Jul 10, 2014
He's terrible for his cap hit. He's not worth ~1.2M more than Gauthier. Isn't Glendening sporting a very high PDO as well? Overall, Glendening is player coaches overplay for some intangible reason and wonder why they struggle immensely. Only reasoning he's playing so much is for their lack of depth.

Exactly, no one wants Glendening, but if Zaitsev goes opposite ...

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He tasked with a role way above his head. No 4C is going to play 1st line competition with 3rd line linemates in defensive usage and not look terrible in aggregate. He'd make us a better team.

I agree that the cap reality is that Zaits would have to go the other way or we'd need retention, but he'd make us a better team

Even with 50% retention, it makes no sense and hardly does anything.

Zaitsev for Glendening would fix a big cap headache. You could even buyout Glendening in June and save 1M for the next 2 seasons if he really struggles.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
No ******* way, Brown is a decent player with positive value
Glendenning certainly isn't that with his contract

I probably wouldn't be clamouring for this trade otherwise, but if Brown would end up being a 4th liner on this team anyway, Glendenning is at least locked in for a bit at a slightly cheaper cap hit.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Even with 50% retention, it makes no sense and hardly does anything.

It makes us a better team, with a 4thline that has to be less sheltered, and a 4C that is more capable of playing a larger role in injury circumstances. Running a 900k Glendening at 4C and 675k Goat as 13F is a great spot to be in next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad