Proposal: Speculation: Rumours: Done Deals: Trade Deadline 2019 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I think the aquisition cost of Kreider is going to kill that idea, Jesus I saw a Rangers fan turn down a top 3 protected 1st and Fox from a Carolina fan

I like Kreider but **** me

Unless Rielly or Muzzin can play the right were in deep ****, even if Zaitsev stays I just don't see how we fill that hole unless Dermott takes a massive jump forward in his development and can play his offside
Good thing fans don't run the team. I work with a Rangers fan that wanted Johnson, Callahan, a 1st round pick and a prospect from Tampa for Kevin Hayes lol

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Good thing fans don't run the team. I work with a Rangers fan that wanted Johnson, Callahan, a 1st round pick and a prospect from Tampa for Kevin Hayes lol

Fans are nuts but Kreider won't be cheap, we're talking Sandin+ and I just don't think we can afford to gut the prospect pool like that

We need something coming up in a couple of years to form a team around our big boys still

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Brown+Liljegren for Josh Anderson
Kapanen+Gardiner for Pesce+Ferland (probably need an add and I would include up to a 1st)
Zaitsev+2nd+3rd for Gudas

Ferland-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Kadri-Anderson
Marleau-Gauthier-Ennis

Rielly-Pesce
Muzzin-Gudas
Dermott-Hainsey

Next year they would have to move heaven and earth (Marleau) to accommodate Ferland but if you did you could run a similar set up with Marchment-Gauthier-Moore as the 4th line and Dermott-Rosen or Oz as the 3rd pairing.

That's a lot of moves

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Is this the least hyped deadline in a while?

I'm just not that excited for it for some reason, and it's usually a holiday for me :laugh:

Perhaps it's just work taking up so much time, but yeah, I'm not as excited for the deadline. It's like what, a week or so away?

Same for me, primarily because I'm not anticipating the Leafs doing anything. The one thing I am waiting for/stressed about is Boston picking up a legit forward since there are a few on the market. I could see them grabbing Stone or Ferland (if Canes sell), so that'll be fun in the playoffs..

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
That's a lot of moves

You could cut it down to Brown+Liljegren for Anderson and try him out a 1LW with Matthews.

Anderson-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen
Marleau-Gauthier-Ennis

It makes sense to dump an additional forward instead of playing Marleau or Johnsson on the 4th line.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think the aquisition cost of Kreider is going to kill that idea, Jesus I saw a Rangers fan turn down a top 3 protected 1st and Fox from a Carolina fan

I like Kreider but **** me

Unless Rielly or Muzzin can play the right were in deep ****, even if Zaitsev stays I just don't see how we fill that hole unless Dermott takes a massive jump forward in his development and can play his offside

Yes, if the Leafs are going to blow their load it has to be for a RD.

And it makes no sense to weaken the current team to do so.

Prospects and picks for a read RD with term.

For all the prospect junkies ... move along your time is over!!!

The current core is what is going to win or lose for the next several years.

Getting another Hyman type player is all that is required for LW.

Depth-Tavares-Marner
Depth-Matthews-Kapanern/Nylander
Depth-Kadri-Nylander/Kapanen

That's it, and that is it going forward.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Is this the least hyped deadline in a while?

I'm just not that excited for it for some reason, and it's usually a holiday for me :laugh:

Perhaps it's just work taking up so much time, but yeah, I'm not as excited for the deadline. It's like what, a week or so away?

Stone and Panarin and Duchene all moving so the excitement is with the clubs that are after them. Seems hard to believe Winnipeg is after Stone with the forward depth they have. I am fine with the other eastern teams blowing assets on rentals and the Leafs standing pat. I don't think this is a Cup ready lineup (but neither were last years Caps) and maybe next year is when they go all in. I think they will wait till the summer to make a decision on their forwards and maybe fix the top 4 RD then.

Last edited:

horner

May 22, 2007
Man. Just Stop. Wilson was a big part of that run, if you cant even acknowledge the importance of even a little bit of physicality you are just being ignorant. Laying big hits has nothing to do with the stone age/new age/old age, it has a place in the game and is something we are lacking.

You cant win the cup being a one-dimensional team. It doesnt happen. Look at tampa last year

Agree agree agree

Reactions: Cobra777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad