Proposal: Speculation: Rumours: Done Deals: Trade Deadline 2019 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The Glendening rumor may or not have any legs but if Leafs want to add grit up front, the players that should be worried are Par, Goat, Brown and AJ. Hyman is not on that list due to his playoff performance last year .

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Trade Goat + Timashov for Glendening @ 50% retained (900K)

Playoff fourth line: Moore-Glendening-Brown
Then trade Brown in the summer. Promote Marchment next season.

Moore-Glendening-Marchment

Reactions: ShameOnYouZidlicky

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Gauthier is better than Glendening IMO.

Don't agree. Glendening is a player capable of getting assignments to shut down the opposing player. I love Goat, and I think he should remain our 4th line C, but I think Glendening could provide solid depth on the wing.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
The Glendening rumor may or not have any legs but if Leafs want to add grit up front, the players that should be worried are Par, Goat, Brown and AJ. Hyman is not on that list due to his playoff performance last year .
Gauthier is 54% in the dot, which is good for 2nd on the roster. He's also made big strides and is going to be cheap to retain.

I don't mind a Glendening deal as long as Zaitsev is going the other way. Wonder if he can play on Goat's wing while taking face-offs on the right side and PK. Would prefer him to Lindholm or Brown in that limited role (flip the latter to clear cap and add futures).

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Dubas was Lou's right hand man for how many years and was here before Lou got here. It is not like he was hired externally.

I am not criticising Dubas for the signings. I simply mentioned it because poster was praising him for the signings of JT, Matty and Willie.

Sure Lou handed Dubas a grenade but as far as the D goes, Dubas said he as bullish on his D this summer. This after watching the Bruins dismantle the right side of our D in the playoffs. I give Dubas credit where credit is due but when it comes to the D, he was at an F until he acquired Muzzin.

Not to be overly critical, but what was Dubas supposed to say...we've a right side D that's as useful as a field of prairie pies?

Reactions: stickty111

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
upload_2019-2-8_23-16-17.png

Reactions: WilliamNylander

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Trade Goat + Timashov for Glendening @ 50% retained (900K)

Playoff fourth line: Moore-Glendening-Brown
Then trade Brown in the summer. Promote Marchment next season.

Moore-Glendening-Marchment
nope, no cap space for a 2m 4th line c on this roster.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I see a blockbuster brewing with canes. Out AgM is allover scouting them. Chl top prospects plus 2 or 3 recent games. I feel pesce is too rich of a price yet Hamilton makes a 1.5mill more.

So

Leafs..Hamilton, B prospect, Ferland

Canes..Johnsson, 2020 2nd, Brown, Zaitsev

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Trades I would try and pull at the draft

1) Zaitsev@50% (2.25) to Canucks with the leafs getting a 2019 4th and 5th round pick.

2) Connor brown for 2019 2nd+2020 3rd(want 2 2nd's but prob get less than that).

3) Leafs 2020 1st(conditional on Faulk either re siging or the Leafs making the cup finals) + Engvall/Tymoshov for one yea rental Justin Faulk @ 4.

After Marleau has had his bonus Paid
4). [email protected] million to a contender like the sharks, preds, caps, pens etc with some space.

2019-2020 Line up

Johnsson(2.75) - Matthewss (11.634)- Nylander (6.96)
Hyman (2.5) - Tavares (11.00) - Marner (10.5)
Moore(0.775) - Kadri (4.50) - Kapanen (3.75)
Ennis (0.75) - Goat (~.850) - Bracco (0.925)

Muzzin (4.00) - Rielly (5.00)
Dermott (0.85) - Faulk (4.00)
Rosen (0.75) - Lilijgren (0.925)

Andersen (5.00)
Sparks (0.9)

Kessel 1.2 (2 more years including this)
Zaitsev 2.25 (5 more years including this, which sucks)
Marleau 2.00 (only this year)

Overall This comes to a cap of 83.77 million. We would be cap compliant if the cap is 84 million but if it were to be 83 then we would be a bit over. Could see Marner's deal be 500-700k less .

Above I had
-Marner at 7 years 10.5
Johnsson 4 years at 2.75
Kapanen at 6 years 3.75

Reactions: hockeynorth

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Not to be overly critical, but what was Dubas supposed to say...we've a right side D that's as useful as a field of prairie pies?
Yeah I dont know why he is criticizing Dubas. He can't just say "our D is terrible, we need to upgrade". It would make him sound desperate to the other GM's and give away his position.
Even though he said he liked the defence, it doesn't mean he believed it.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I see a blockbuster brewing with canes. Out AgM is allover scouting them. Chl top prospects plus 2 or 3 recent games. I feel pesce is too rich of a price yet Hamilton makes a 1.5mill more.

So

Leafs..Hamilton, B prospect, Ferland

Canes..Johnsson, 2020 2nd, Brown, Zaitsev

Horrible value for Carolina.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Sure he is going to spin it when asked but I go by the fact that he did nothing other than replace Polak with Oz going into the season.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Sure he is going to spin it when asked but I go by the fact that he did nothing other than replace Polak with Oz going into the season.

Sometimes you have to wait for the opportunity for deals to happen rather than forcing them and overpaying. We were a desperate team in the summer and are not nearly as much now.

Reactions: Menzinger

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Sometimes you have to wait for the opportunity for deals to happen rather than forcing them and overpaying. We were a desperate team in the summer and are not nearly as much now.

I think we are a desperate team (D wise) the closer we get to the TDL. Dubas was shrewd to make the Muzzin deal when he did. The D looks much better but our second pairing needs to be upgraded.

Reactions: rumman

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I think we are a desperate team (D wise) the closer we get to the TDL. Dubas was shrewd to make the Muzzin deal when he did. The D looks much better but our second pairing needs to be upgraded.

Oh I agree - the TDL and July 1st are days when GMs lose their jobs and sink their teams. We are in a much better position now with Muzzin. I do expect Dubas to make another move though and don't blame him at all for not making a desperation move this past summer.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

SO Jesse followed someone on Twitter to the Leafs? That's a bit of a stretch to say there is a trade forthcoming, and I don't see one that makes sense. The Leafs surely wouldn't give up a great deal at this stage for him, and the Oilers are best to hold on, and see if his game comes around. As a Leafs fan though, I'd love to trade for him... just wouldn't be willing to send much. Also, Toronto trading for him, would be a sure sign that we are moving out a Winger for a RHD at some point.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Glendening could be connected to the Leafs on account of history with Babs, and his multi position profile. If more money goes out, I could see it as viable. If there’s some retention, even more so.
Like Zaitsev.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If the Leafs need to take Glendenning back in a deal that moves Zaitsev and improves what the Leafs get with Glendenning and/or lessens what the Leafs have to give up for the Wings to take Zaitsev, I'm all for it.

Reactions: Menzinger

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If the Leafs need to take Glendenning back in a deal that moves Zaitsev and improves what the Leafs get with Glendenning and/or lessens what the Leafs have to give up for the Wings to take Zaitsev, I'm all for it.
could it be possible that Leafs try to get Glendenning and Jensen for Zaitev and Brown, then turn around and try to get Pesce/Ferland from the Cane's for Kadri/Gardnier?

Leafs would seriously downgrade the 3rd line's offense, but would help solidify the D, and provide both affordable stability on the D (Pesce) while helping to recover cap room (Zaitev), and adding grit for the playoff run (Ferland)?

Reactions: Cobra777

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
SO Jesse followed someone on Twitter to the Leafs? That's a bit of a stretch to say there is a trade forthcoming, and I don't see one that makes sense. The Leafs surely wouldn't give up a great deal at this stage for him, and the Oilers are best to hold on, and see if his game comes around. As a Leafs fan though, I'd love to trade for him... just wouldn't be willing to send much. Also, Toronto trading for him, would be a sure sign that we are moving out a Winger for a RHD at some point.
That is him directly following the Leafs account on Instagram, and the only other North American teams he follows are the Oilers and the Condors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad