Proposal: Speculation: Rumours: Done Deals: Trade Deadline 2019 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Holland is one of the GMs who seems like he may have interest in a guy like Zaitsev....

Problem is Glenening’s underlying numbers are bad and, he’s not cheap for his role and he’s signed for 2 more seasons.

Reactions: Kiwi

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Why else has Shanny been quiet? He's plotting and finding his replacement...

Duh? :sarcasm: :thumbu:

Shanny is generally very quiet. He is not going to come out to support or be disgruntled about a move his appointed GM makes, solely for optics sake. How would that look to the rest of the league if Shanny had to come out and speak on behalf of the GM? It would just undermine Dubas' power and show the rest of the league he is on a leash, whether or not that is true.

I'm also sure Shanny had a say in the negotiations, if he vehemently disagreed with it I dont think it goes through.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Why would Detroit do that?
I'd sack Holland if I owned the wings for that

This part of the thread started with Detroit might be interested in Z. If they are, they dump Glendening's contract and a UFA and also get a cheap #4C back. Afterall you can't teach size.

Reactions: Kiwi

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
So we invested in all of these assets to bring in Muzzin only to still have a terrible defense? Makes sense.
Hainsey and Zaitsev are pretty terrible.

Dermott is much better than Zaitsev and should be playing more, but now Hainsey is the guy that slides into our top 4. Our defense only gets worse on the bottom pair, and you can play them 10-12 minutes a night now.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
This part of the thread started with Detroit might be interested in Z. If they are, they dump Glendening's contract and a UFA and also get a cheap #4C back. Afterall you can't teach size.

If there keen on Zaitsev sign me up, GM'S make me shake my head sometimes

Reactions: ToneDog

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
Hainsey and Zaitsev are pretty terrible.

Dermott is much better than Zaitsev and should be playing more, but now Hainsey is the guy that slides into our top 4. Our defense only gets worse on the bottom pair, and you can play them 10-12 minutes a night now.

We'd hopefully be adding Jensen. He's a decent fit in the top4.

It's also possible that this trade would open up the cap space to make a deal with the Canes for one of their RHD.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Wait, why is Matthews leaving? Wait, Dubas sucks now? Why are we rebuilding in 3 years? What is ... wha ... oh boy
Don't listen to 'em...they're 'glass half empty 'idiots that will never be satisfied. Dubas...signs best free agent in years in JT...signs Willy signs Matthews, trades for Muzzin....just awful!

Reactions: SAMCRO44

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It's definitely weird. Only way this sort of works is if they retain 50% of the contract. 900k for Glendening next season wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...

...but he sucks, so it's rather pointless. He's signed for 2 more seasons after this. Major pass.

Reactions: SAMCRO44 and Kiwi

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I might possibly consider Brown + Holl for Glendening + Jensen

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Don't listen to 'em...they're 'glass half empty 'idiots that will never be satisfied. Dubas...signs best free agent in years in JT...signs Willy signs Matthews, trades for Muzzin....just awful!

No offence but I could have signed JT and overpaid for the big 3. Dubas did make a good trade for Muzzin but it should not have taken him this long to start upgrading a porous D. Not to mention we are still soft as butter.

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
No offence but I could have signed JT and overpaid for the big 3. Dubas did make a good trade for Muzzin but it should not have taken him this long to start upgrading a porous D. Not to mention we are still soft as butter.
and Muzzin was a good acquisition, but junior paid top dollar in that trade.

Reactions: ToneDog

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

Lou did nothing to address the D besides re-signing Polak and handing out a crazy Zaitsev contract. Dubas just started
Not even going to get into the big 3 b/c other threads are a shit-show right now

RLF

May 5, 2014
If Detroit likes Zaitsev and Leafs like Jensen, maybe something can work out. I would rather give them a bit of an add then take on another roster player. Wings could even try and re-sign Jensen in the off-season as well.

Det
Zaitsev, Timashov
Tor
Jensen

I would rather move Brown in the off-season for pick/prospect or use him for another move if needed.

Reactions: kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->