OT: South Florida Visitors - post travel related questions here

kanko_fan

Dec 18, 2005
Kitchener
Hey Panthers Fans, I will be in South Florida in March and plan to enjoy several games at your fantastic arena. I am looking at seats in section 102 in row 21 or row 25, wondering if anyone has an opinion on which would be a better row? It looks like the seats in row 21 might be trickier to get to and may have less leg room, being right at the rail, than the seats a little higher up. I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks!

Bagman

Sep 16, 2002
Denver
Visit site
Heading down for a couple of games in early November. I'll be staying in Deerfield Beach, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a couple of good seafood restaurants in that area. Thanks!

habsnation11

Mar 26, 2008
Hey Guys,

Buying tickets from a client in the VIP Luxury suites sections 227.

Where is that in relation to the 100 level, and what usually is included in that?

Getting em for $50 a seat. Good deal?

Thanks!!

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Hey Guys,

Buying tickets from a client in the VIP Luxury suites sections 227.

Where is that in relation to the 100 level, and what usually is included in that?

Getting em for $50 a seat. Good deal?

Thanks!!

Its directly the next level up.

Nothing is necessarily included, but usually suites order food.

Yes that is a very good deal.

habsnation11

Mar 26, 2008
Yup! I'm one of those crazy canadians coming to invade Bank Atlantic.

Been a few times in the last few years...this is the first year i had trouble getting tickets. People are asking alot!

Got lucky with these seats it looks like

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Yup! I'm one of those crazy canadians coming to invade Bank Atlantic.

Been a few times in the last few years...this is the first year i had trouble getting tickets. People are asking alot!

Got lucky with these seats it looks like

Glad we could accommodate another Habs fan. So stoked.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So, my work has finally slowed down and am now looking at taking 1, if not 2 trips down this winter to take in some games.

I have read this whole thread and it sounds like Ft. Lauderdale is my best spot to stay. Will be starting to check out Priceline for some hotel, flight, and car rental packages. Will obviously try and low ball off the start.

If I am going to stay in Ft. Lauderdale, what is my best bet for good sports bars?
Also some advice on nightlife, bars and stripbars (just don't tell the girlfriend:laugh:)

Thinking about taking a trip down to Key West or Miami during one of the days when there are no games. Would be trying to drink all day, so car wouldn't be a good idea. Would train be my best bet for that day??

Thinking of coming down the week before St. Patricks day, which is a lot of peoples Spring Break, so it now just dawned on me things might be more expensive during this time. Might have to look at other weeks.

Where would the best spot to get tickets be in the arena as well? I will be looking on Stubhub for them, just wanna know the better spots to sit.

Will probably be posting more questions comments as they come to me. Can't wait to go and catch some games, and maybe come and say hello to some of you!:yo:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
So, my work has finally slowed down and am now looking at taking 1, if not 2 trips down this winter to take in some games.

I have read this whole thread and it sounds like Ft. Lauderdale is my best spot to stay. Will be starting to check out Priceline for some hotel, flight, and car rental packages. Will obviously try and low ball off the start.

If I am going to stay in Ft. Lauderdale, what is my best bet for good sports bars?
Also some advice on nightlife, bars and stripbars (just don't tell the girlfriend:laugh:)

Thinking about taking a trip down to Key West or Miami during one of the days when there are no games. Would be trying to drink all day, so car wouldn't be a good idea. Would train be my best bet for that day??

Thinking of coming down the week before St. Patricks day, which is a lot of peoples Spring Break, so it now just dawned on me things might be more expensive during this time. Might have to look at other weeks.

Where would the best spot to get tickets be in the arena as well? I will be looking on Stubhub for them, just wanna know the better spots to sit.

Will probably be posting more questions comments as they come to me. Can't wait to go and catch some games, and maybe come and say hello to some of you!:yo:
Depends what your budget is. If you PM i'll give you everything you want to know.

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
I will be coming to the Leafs game in December and I was wondering what the view is like in the 400 level. Should I try and get better tickets than that?

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I will be coming to the Leafs game in December and I was wondering what the view is like in the 400 level. Should I try and get better tickets than that?

If you sit in the first few rows at Center Ice, the view is really not bad at all. Otherwise, it is pretty far away (meaning you're sitting far enough that you can't see the player names on their jerseys) and I would try to sit closer as we have one of the bigger arenas in the league.

Bagman

Sep 16, 2002
Denver
Visit site
Heading down for a couple of games in early November. I'll be staying in Deerfield Beach, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a couple of good seafood restaurants in that area. Thanks!

Back from Fla. Caught Hawks game and Tampa game. Too many transplants at the Chicago game. I hope that a winning team will get butts in the seats. Stayed at Embassy Suites in Deerfield Beach. Like the location and the hotel. Being land locked in Colorado I ate as much seafood as possible. Went to Seafood World in Pompano and thought it was great, also ate at Two Georges and thought it was real good as well. Checked out Whales Rib for lunch and felt it wasn't great. Went for Italian at Rosarios in Boca and it was top notch, although the food took forever. Caught some hockey and dinner at Duffy's, perfect place to watch some games and get food. Thanks

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Back from Fla. Caught Hawks game and Tampa game. Too many transplants at the Chicago game. I hope that a winning team will get butts in the seats. Stayed at Embassy Suites in Deerfield Beach. Like the location and the hotel. Being land locked in Colorado I ate as much seafood as possible. Went to Seafood World in Pompano and thought it was great, also ate at Two Georges and thought it was real good as well. Checked out Whales Rib for lunch and felt it wasn't great. Went for Italian at Rosarios in Boca and it was top notch, although the food took forever. Caught some hockey and dinner at Duffy's, perfect place to watch some games and get food. Thanks

So it this right in Sunrise then close to the arena?

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I'm in Miami this week for business and was hoping to catch the Panthers/Flyers game on Sunday. Will I be able to scalp a decent seat or should I play it safe and buy from StubHub? Thanks!

I can't wait to see (OH MY) GOC play again!

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I'm in Miami this week for business and was hoping to catch the Panthers/Flyers game on Sunday. Will I be able to scalp a decent seat or should I play it safe and buy from StubHub? Thanks!

I can't wait to see (OH MY) GOC play again!

You'll be able to scalp but stubhub should be cheap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad