OT: South Florida Visitors - post travel related questions here

RCGP2

Mar 8, 2018
I'm going to the Panthers lightning game in Tampa on the 28th (and some Jays spring training). I know this is a long shot but does anyone know if there's any stores in the Tampa or Orlando area that sell Panther merch/jerseys? Or is it all just dirty lightning stuff?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Hey long time fan but making my first trip down: going to Friday night’s game alone (found a club ticket that ended up to a bit a bit less than 200) and with a friend the next night.

I need some advice:
(1) how bad would it be to stay in Plantation?
(2) Would ubering be okay or should I rent a car?
(3) What are the main places I should visit outside of the games? Funky Buddha is talked about a lot?

Anod

Aug 12, 2007
Toronto, ON
Looking for a a good cheapish hotel in the area, was thinking near a beach, maybe in fort Lauderdale. Any suggestions? Any areas of interest where the Panthers interest or Stanley cup events might be higher?

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
As an OG Miami native I never really spent that much time in the Ft Lauderdale area specially doing Panthers pregame stuff as I’d usually just drive to the arena and that’s it. I also haven’t lived in SoFlo in 7 years, but I remember before I left, my buddies and I started going a lot to Hollywood beach. Pretty dope area and they might be doing some Panthers stuff around there not sure. There’s some cheap places to stay around as well. But overall fun area lots to do and great places to eat.

With that said, the watch parties are around Lauderdale By the Sea, Oakland Park blvd area stuff like that. Pretty sure Las Olas will have stuff going on too. I’d just google any events or watch parties and if you want to be close to the action stay around there.

Good luck have fun and Go Panthers!!

Reactions: Anod

golfortennis1

Mar 18, 2022
Considering popping down to catch the game against Edmonton on Nov. 20 from Treasure Coast. Anyone know if any of the info I've read recently has changed(last 4 pages)? Ie., parking at Sawgrass Mills/ticket includes arena parking, Looks like the game is sold out and I would be buying resale tickets, will those include parking? Anything else I should know? Thanks.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Thinking of visiting South Beach with wife in beginning of January. Never been.

Can we swim? ...without going into hyperthermia :)

Any recommendations for food? ...or where to stay for cheap but nice?

I saw that Espinosa Way looked neat. Is it a nice area of South Beach?

Any thoughts before I book the trip would be appreciated.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Thinking of visiting South Beach with wife in beginning of January. Never been.

Can we swim? ...without going into hyperthermia :)

Any recommendations for food? ...or where to stay for cheap but nice?

I saw that Espinosa Way looked neat. Is it a nice area of South Beach?

Any thoughts before I book the trip would be appreciated.
For water temp, if you think low 70’s F (low 20’s C) is good, then yeah you can swim. Note that this is how you can tell tourists from locals in January… 😆.

South Beach can have some steal of a deals, although my impression is that it’s just getting more and more crowded there.

Leksand

Oct 30, 2013
Northern VA
Are there any seats that have more legroom?

Had seats in the lower bowl / sections for a game last season. It was kind of tight for a 6’6” guy. Wanna go to more games this season, so would be good to have some seats with more room.

Really liked the arena and had a good time!

Reactions: Chaos2k7

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Are there any seats that have more legroom?

Had seats in the lower bowl / sections for a game last season. It was kind of tight for a 6’6” guy. Wanna go to more games this season, so would be good to have some seats with more room.

Really liked the arena and had a good time!
I'm 6'5 and only sit in aisle seats. The Club level seats are a little better as well, but I still only sit in an aisle seat.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

MartyLapointe20

Dec 20, 2023
Hey guys, heading to Ft Lauderdale for a golf trip in January. We’re looking to find some nice public or semi private courses. Played Doral and Jacaranda in the past. Looking for some other well kept courses within striking distance. Seems like it’s hard to book some of the better ones. Have the Biltmore, and Osprey Point on the list but not sure if we’ll get on. Eagle Trace? Plantation Preserve? Any others?

Thanks

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Hey guys, heading to Ft Lauderdale for a golf trip in January. We’re looking to find some nice public or semi private courses. Played Doral and Jacaranda in the past. Looking for some other well kept courses within striking distance. Seems like it’s hard to book some of the better ones. Have the Biltmore, and Osprey Point on the list but not sure if we’ll get on. Eagle Trace? Plantation Preserve? Any others?

Thanks
I don’t have all 150+ golf courses in Broward-Palm Beach County areas memorized, so why not search the internet… and you get stuff like this… 92 Golf Courses near Fort Lauderdale, FL - Public & Private | GolfLink

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008

Thanks
Eagle Trace is worth it. From what I hear Plantation Preserve is good, but I never played there.

Reactions: MartyLapointe20

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
So we willbe staying in ft Lauderdale.. does anyone have any suggestions for things to do in that area. Amazing places to eat? Stuff like that.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
So we willbe staying in ft Lauderdale.. does anyone have any suggestions for things to do in that area. Amazing places to eat? Stuff like that.

It's been almost a month since you asked, looks like a no.

I'll be going to the 3/21 Preds/Panthers game. Hopefully the weather will be nice and sunny. First week of Spring. Spending the weekend down there.

Donnys

Jun 1, 2018
Hi all, heading to Florida next week and was wondering if anyone had suggestions to for a booze to bring back home to Canada. Something popular in Florida or good quality for cheap there. Basically looking for something that I can’t get in Canada or is good and much cheaper there.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Hi all, heading to Florida next week and was wondering if anyone had suggestions to for a booze to bring back home to Canada. Something popular in Florida or good quality for cheap there. Basically looking for something that I can’t get in Canada or is good and much cheaper there.
Funky Buddha is a south florida beer/brewery that's pretty popular- you should be able to find it at most stores. Jai Alai is another good beer from Tampa's Cigar City Brewery that should be available most places too. I also love Orange Blossom Pilsner, but not sure how available it is down there since it's more of an Orlando thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad