OT: South Florida Visitors - post travel related questions here

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
Hey Panthers Fans, Looking for help.

How far away is your arena from the Miami airport?? Is their any good cheap hotels, close to your arena?

floridashawn

Jun 13, 2007
Broward, FL
How far away is your arena from the Miami airport?? Is their any good cheap hotels, close to your arena?

Its about a 40 min drive depending on traffic. If you can fly into FLL, which is about a 20 min drive. There are a few hotels nearby, the crown plaza comes to mind.

Ekblast

"We're still learning." -Coach Brunette.
Nov 9, 2002
Flori-duh
www.Reddit.com
The stadium and the Panthers are not even in Dade County (Miami.. 305)

They actually play in Sunrise which is Broward County. The closest airport would be Ft. Lauderdale. (airport code FLL)

But, to answer your question and depending on traffic, I would say the staium is almost 45 minutes away from the airport by way of turnpike, then 75 extension, then Sawgrass expressway.

There is a hotel near the stadium (and Sawgrass Mills Mall) but it changed names and I can't remember what the name is now. If you Google Sawgrass Mills Mall you'll find the hotel to the right of the map, on the outskirts of the mall.

megajake

Aug 24, 2009
The stadium and the Panthers are not even in Dade County (Miami.. 305)

They actually play in Sunrise which is Broward County. The closest airport would be Ft. Lauderdale. (airport code FLL)

But, to answer your question and depending on traffic, I would say the staium is almost 45 minutes away from the airport by way of turnpike, then 75 extension, then Sawgrass expressway.

There is a hotel near the stadium (and Sawgrass Mills Mall) but it changed names and I can't remember what the name is now. If you Google Sawgrass Mills Mall you'll find the hotel to the right of the map, on the outskirts of the mall.

Is their any chance to walk from the airport of FT. Lauderdale to the arena?? How long would that take?

Panthersf

Apr 21, 2012
No you can not walk. You can take the bus.

I asked in the game thread but this seems like a better place to do it. How much have they been charging for parking in the playoffs?

Last edited:

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Is their any chance to walk from the airport of FT. Lauderdale to the arena?? How long would that take?

Google navigation would be your best friend. Type in any address to the BAC and all your questions will be answered. For example, it would take you 5 hours and 18 minutes to walk to the BAC from the Fort Lauderdale airport.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Hi all, I'm from the Chicago area and have a few questions. I'll just copy and paste what I put in the Blackhawks forum to see if I can get some advice from you guys from Florida:

I'm getting married October 6th, and we're flying out to Florida on Sunday the 7th, with our resort being by Palm Beach (4 hours from Jacksonville, 2.5ish from Orlando). The Bears play the Jaguars on the 7th at 4 p.m est. The wife-to-be likes the Bears as well and is happy to go and left it up to me. So some life/game questions.

1. Will we have enough time to get to the game if we decide to go, and for you married guys, is it worth it the day after the wedding? If we fly into Jacksonville, the game will end around 7pm est and we have a 4 hour drive to the resort so won't be getting there the 1st night we're there until 11, unless we just rent a hotel in JAX.
2. Can you fly into Jacksonville, rent a car at the JAX airport, and then fly out of Orlando when we leave, and return the car there?
3. When would tickets go on sale for the Jags?
4. How much would good seats there be?

Not too often you can catch a Bears game in Florida, but the timing is just so touchy.

Thanks for the advice whoever takes the time. If there is a good place for this, let me know and I can repost there.

Jan 19, 2006
Hi all, I'm from the Chicago area and have a few questions. I'll just copy and paste what I put in the Blackhawks forum to see if I can get some advice from you guys from Florida:

I'm getting married October 6th, and we're flying out to Florida on Sunday the 7th, with our resort being by Palm Beach (4 hours from Jacksonville, 2.5ish from Orlando). The Bears play the Jaguars on the 7th at 4 p.m est. The wife-to-be likes the Bears as well and is happy to go and left it up to me. So some life/game questions.

1. Will we have enough time to get to the game if we decide to go, and for you married guys, is it worth it the day after the wedding? If your wife is a football nut, then this is possible. If she is not you run the risk that this will be brought up in every argument for the next 50 years. If we fly into Jacksonville, the game will end around 7pm est and we have a 4 hour drive to the resort so won't be getting there the 1st night we're there until 11, unless we just rent a hotel in JAX. If you do decide to go, I don't think you'll want to drive back down to palm beach after a 7 PM end game. By the time you get through stadium traffic, get to palm beach, get to your resort, check in, get to your room it will probably be 2 am.
2. Can you fly into Jacksonville, rent a car at the JAX airport, and then fly out of Orlando when we leave, and return the car there? Unless things have changed you can do that but it will cost you $.
3. When would tickets go on sale for the Jags?
4. How much would good seats there be?

Not too often you can catch a Bears game in Florida, but the timing is just so touchy.

Thanks for the advice whoever takes the time. If there is a good place for this, let me know and I can repost there.

See the above in bold.

Answered questions I could. Don't know much about the Jags.

I don't know you from Adam, but honestly I think you would be a lot better off enjoying your honeymoon at the resort you paid for, and just go see a Bears game in Chicago. It will save you time, money & aggravation (in many ways). Don't do it.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
See the above in bold.

Answered questions I could. Don't know much about the Jags.

I don't know you from Adam, but honestly I think you would be a lot better off enjoying your honeymoon at the resort you paid for, and just go see a Bears game in Chicago. It will save you time, money & aggravation (in many ways). Don't do it.

yea, its just not a good idea. There is nothing special about watcing game in Jax, or seeing the Jags play.

Watch the game by the pool of your resort and enjoy the honeymoon

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
Hi all! A few questions from an American who has lived in Taiwan since 2006 about your beautiful area of the world:

1) Any suggestions for affordable lodging in roughly mid to late October/early November? Wife has been invited to attend the Fort Lauderdale Yacht Show and I've found somewhat affordable airfare from Taiwan to Florida but not sure where to look for affordable place to stay considering we'd probably be there (if we did go...) for a week or longer.

2) Golf course recommendations?

3) Anyone have any idea how long it would take to drive from Fort Lauderdale to Nashville? Would love to try to catch a Predators game if at all possible in Nashville while back Stateside, however barring that I'd love to catch a Panthers game!

That's all for now, thanks for any help!

:cheers:

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
Hi all! A few questions from an American who has lived in Taiwan since 2006 about your beautiful area of the world:

1) Any suggestions for affordable lodging in roughly mid to late October/early November? Wife has been invited to attend the Fort Lauderdale Yacht Show and I've found somewhat affordable airfare from Taiwan to Florida but not sure where to look for affordable place to stay considering we'd probably be there (if we did go...) for a week or longer.

2) Golf course recommendations?

3) Anyone have any idea how long it would take to drive from Fort Lauderdale to Nashville? Would love to try to catch a Predators game if at all possible in Nashville while back Stateside, however barring that I'd love to catch a Panthers game!

That's all for now, thanks for any help!

*Bump*

Getting close to our arrival in Florida, still would love some recommendations for Fort Lauderdale/Miami restaurants, golf courses, etc.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Got some questions for you guys...hopefully some of you still frequent these threads since hockey is non-existant.

My wife and I are flying into Ft. Lauderdale and then driving down to the Keys for a weekend. Got some questions...

1) What are some of the best sites to see between Ft Lauderdale and the Keys? Anything I should not miss? Not really into zoos or tourist traps too much but I want to see unique things.

2) Best beaches along that route? Or should we just head down to Key West ASAP?

3) Any really good places to eat? Looking for one night of authentic cuban food, and maybe some holes in the wall with normal priced food but fresh/delicious stuff.

4) If you had one day to spend in Miami/Ft Lauderdale and one day to spend in the keys, where would you go to? And where would you eat?

Thanks in advance!

jol

Jan 31, 2003
Miami Beach, Florida
Visit site
Got some questions for you guys...hopefully some of you still frequent these threads since hockey is non-existant.

My wife and I are flying into Ft. Lauderdale and then driving down to the Keys for a weekend. Got some questions...

1) What are some of the best sites to see between Ft Lauderdale and the Keys? Anything I should not miss? Not really into zoos or tourist traps too much but I want to see unique things.
Stop for drinks in Holiday Isle (Keys), Seven Mile Bridge (Keys) almost in route, BB&T arena (Sunrise)
2) Best beaches along that route? Or should we just head down to Key West ASAP?
Bahia Honda, between Marathon and Key West
3) Any really good places to eat? Looking for one night of authentic cuban food, and maybe some holes in the wall with normal priced food but fresh/delicious stuff.
Cuban, Versailles in 8th Street (Little Havana), you might be able to see some Alpha 66 veterans in bar.
4) If you had one day to spend in Miami/Ft Lauderdale and one day to spend in the keys, where would you go to? And where would you eat?
In Miami area, South Beach in Miami Beach, walk around or get a bicycle from Decobike system. Keys, Key West, walk around or get a bicycle or if you are staying there longer, day trip (boat) to Dry Tortugas (Fort Jefferson, civil war era fortress), snorkeling (although water might be cool now), history tours in fortress

JOL

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Hey,

Going to Orlando, Florida March 3rd-21st and was going to do shopping and whatnot. Had questions.

1. What are the best Disney outlet stores around the area?

2. What are the best sports stores for merchandise-type stuff (staying at Orange Lake Resort and know of MVP but that's it)?

3. What are the best Guess outlet stores?

4. I'm going to the Jays game March 8th at Wide World of Sports (braves home). Do they typically sell away teams stuff or will it just be Braves stuff?

5. Any good restaurant ideas? Esp steakhouses? My favourite breakfast there is Golden Corral and TGI Fridays for supper but were there 18 days, wanted some other ideas lol.

Any help to any question is appreciated. Thanks.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
Excited for a florida road trip to watch the Jets play in Tampa and Sunrise! Any pre game hangout spots you guys would recommend? Any Panther specific bars?

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Stop for drinks in Holiday Isle (Keys), Seven Mile Bridge (Keys) almost in route, BB&T arena (Sunrise)

Bahia Honda, between Marathon and Key West

Cuban, Versailles in 8th Street (Little Havana), you might be able to see some Alpha 66 veterans in bar.

In Miami area, South Beach in Miami Beach, walk around or get a bicycle from Decobike system. Keys, Key West, walk around or get a bicycle or if you are staying there longer, day trip (boat) to Dry Tortugas (Fort Jefferson, civil war era fortress), snorkeling (although water might be cool now), history tours in fortress

JOL

Jol pretty much said most of the things I could think of. Holiday Isle has chartered fishing boats that you can go out on and catch some big fish. Mahi-Mahi(dolphin) Jack, Grouper, etc. that you might want to eat. Or Marlin, Sailfish, Shark that are usually catch and release gamefish.
Bahia Honda is one of the nicest and most secluded beaches in Florida, with a lot of history. It has some beach side campsites where you can spend the night, and check out the history of the Flagler railroad during the day.
When you get to Key west, rent scooters(mopeds). It's the best way to tour the island. Check out Sloppy Joes bar and just relax, and enjoy the history with all the old photos on the walls from the Hemingway days. They usually have live music too.

Also when you drive through Homestead, stop at a mexican place called La Pasadita just off of Campbell drive. They have the best authentic tacos and burritos in town. Just google La Pasadita Homestead.

Last edited:

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Hey,

Going to Orlando, Florida March 3rd-21st and was going to do shopping and whatnot. Had questions.

1. What are the best Disney outlet stores around the area?

2. What are the best sports stores for merchandise-type stuff (staying at Orange Lake Resort and know of MVP but that's it)?

3. What are the best Guess outlet stores?

4. I'm going to the Jays game March 8th at Wide World of Sports (braves home). Do they typically sell away teams stuff or will it just be Braves stuff?

5. Any good restaurant ideas? Esp steakhouses? My favourite breakfast there is Golden Corral and TGI Fridays for supper but were there 18 days, wanted some other ideas lol.

Any help to any question is appreciated. Thanks.

Anyone?

ThememanXX

It's a hockey night!
Sep 7, 2004
Duryea, PA

Might be better off in the Tampa Bay Lightning thread....seeing as Sunrise, FL is 4 hours or so away from the Orlando/Tampa area. This is like posting questions about the Buffalo area in the Pittsburgh thread. :nod:

Last edited:

ThememanXX

It's a hockey night!
Sep 7, 2004
Duryea, PA
I'm pretty pumped to be able to see the Penguins visit South Florida on 4/13. I booked a trip last week to see my Marlins play the Phillies (my girlfriend's team) that weekend, and this is a huge bonus.

Here's a question....did I get fleeced by paying $80 for two tickets in section 404 on Ticketmaster? :help:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I'm pretty pumped to be able to see the Penguins visit South Florida on 4/13. I booked a trip last week to see my Marlins play the Phillies (my girlfriend's team) that weekend, and this is a huge bonus.

Here's a question....did I get fleeced by paying $80 for two tickets in section 404 on Ticketmaster? :help:

Depends what row. You didn't get fleeced but there are probably deals to be had. You bought way too soon.

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Might be better off in the Tampa Bay Lightning thread....seeing as Sunrise, FL is 4 hours or so away from the Orlando/Tampa area. This is like posting questions about the Buffalo area in the Pittsburgh thread. :nod:

I've asked questions before in here so figured people here would have ideas but ill post there

But no it wouldn't. Pittsburgh and Buffalo have their own sections. I bet a lot of people who live in Sunrise have been in the Orlando area since that's where Disney World is :nod:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1