Confirmed with Link: Source Tells TG Zubrus Re-signs 3 Year/3.1 Million Per

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Where did you see me blaming Zubrus for anything? Scary. the argument I am trying to make is that this team in it's current decline cannot sign players like Zubrus (age/skill) and expect to be a contender. I can't put it any simpler. Had possibly the oldest team last year already. 35+ contracts have been and will continue to be for this team. The fewer they have the better.

ah, i understand now. youre slapping a general 35+ label on zubrus. agree to disagree, champ

MountainGoat

good deal, put Zubrus in the top six and watch him open up a ton of space for his lineups

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Had he been drafted by us, he would have been one of those guys that was a lifer here

Definition of what Lou has built to be a Devil, glad to have him back

Zubrus_Goalazo_3-2-2012_medium.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's been in the league since he was 18. He's not a young pup anymore and his body already broke down last year

No it didnt, wasn't it just a wrist injury? Could have happened to anybody.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rolston was just old. I don't think his ankle caused him to not be good for any point after the first year. Zubrus may be on the decline too, but his cap hit is much cheaper, and we didn't sign him for 30 goals anyway.

They're both the same age when signing each contract. Zubrus is much more lower risk than Rolston though.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
the argument I am trying to make is that this team in it's current decline cannot sign players like Zubrus (age/skill) and expect to be a contender. I can't put it any simpler. Had possibly the oldest team last year already. 35+ contracts have been and will continue to be for this team. The fewer they have the better.

We had the oldest team in the league last year because our goaltenders are a combined 81 years old. No other team is close, and that skews the average big time. Zubrus doesn't play like the typical 35+ player - far from it. Also, he's not here to put up huge point totals, his job is much simpler, and he can still do it very well.

Let me ask you a simple question, do you actually think bringing back Clarkson, Elias and Zubrus to this team next year makes them a playoff team? Look at this team as a whole and tell me if you think this team can even contend for a playoff spot.

Let me ask how far you think we go without those guys? How about this roster:

Henrique - Zajac - Kovy
Poni - Loktionov - Bernier
Tedenby - Josefson - Matteau
Carter - Gionta - Pesonen

Does that look like a team that's going places? I don't know how familiar you are with our minor league system, but the only young forwards we've got to replace the vets are Tedenby, Josefson, Matteau and Pesonen. That's it. Who are you going to replace the vets with?

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I don't have a problem with the signing as we aren't in cap hell like a couple years ago and we don't have a prospect to replace him. I just don't see him body holding up for 3 more years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00