Confirmed with Link: Source Tells TG Zubrus Re-signs 3 Year/3.1 Million Per

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
(Not done yet, but will be done)

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/..._clarkson_continue_but_no_contract_offer_yet/

A source told The Record today that potential unrestricted free agent forward Dainius Zubrus has agreed to terms to remain with the Devils on a three-year contract for approximately $3 million per season.

The deal has not been signed yet and it could take a few more days before it’s announced. Zubrus confirmed his agent, Jerrold Colton, has been involved in contract negoatiations with Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello, but denied the deal is completed.

“Nothing is finalized yet,†Zubrus said today from Florida, where he is spending some time with his family. “It’s not a done deal. They have talked and all of that stuff I take it as a very positive in hoping that everything is going to go through.â€

Zubrus, 35, is coming off a six-year contract that paid $3.4 million per season, so he will be taking a slight pay cut. He reiterated today his desire to remain a Devil.

“As I said at the end of the year, my first choice is staying where I am. That hasn’t changed,†he said. “I feel the same way. As of now, I’m still a Devil. My agent and Lou have talked. They’re still talking and, hopefully, this is going to get done.â€

- See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/...t_no_contract_offer_yet/#sthash.s8VxgKL1.dpuf

Last edited by a moderator:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
We were a worse team when he was out with injury.
I'm ok with this deal-if the numbers are accurate, though would have preferred a 2-year deal.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
A little more than I would've liked but hey we have the money and he was an important guy to retain. Maybe I'm just cheap :laugh: He deserves it, he's a great guy to have on the team.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Zubrus is either incredibly underrated by some on here, or vastly overrated by some. Sure its probably a year too long but we couldve done a lot worse and something can be said for him accepting less to stay here than he probably couldve gotten elsewhere.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
$3 million is fine. That's the absolute maximum I'd be comfortable with, but I'm comfortable with it. It's not bad, especially if he is re signed before hitting the market cause some team out there would probably offer him more than this and he could have asked us to match like Salvador did.

I always had a good feeling about him wanting to stay though. He seemed really sincere unlike some of these young guys like Zach, Clarkson, etc. Then again he has been to UFA before earlier in his career but I always had thought as long as he was wanted, he would stay.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
hes the perfect role player, hes versatile, and he loves being here.

thats the type of players I want on this team.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
$3 million is fine. That's the absolute maximum I'd be comfortable with, but I'm comfortable with it. It's not bad, especially if he is re signed before hitting the market cause some team out there would probably offer him more than this and he could have asked us to match like Salvador did.

I always had a good feeling about him wanting to stay though. He seemed really sincere unlike some of these young guys like Zach, Clarkson, etc. Then again he has been to UFA before earlier in his career but I always had thought as long as he was wanted, he would stay.

He is a key cog to this team. We missed him when he was hurt. I like the numbers too. Definitely a very key re signing. Now get Patty done, and something reasonable with Clarkson!!!

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
As many have said during the playoffs during to those who were freaking out . Did you really think Lou did nothing during the 2 months we weren't playing ?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As many have said during the playoffs during to those who were freaking out . Did you really think Lou did nothing during the 2 months we weren't playing ?

You were right, stuff started leaking after the SCF was finished. I think Clarkson goes to UFA. I'm 60/40 he won't be back, but I think Lou might sign another Clarkson type to a reasonable contract if not. Maybe someone like Penner, Clowe (If cheap) MacArthur.

Patty I'm 50/50 he goes to UFA. Seeing Zubrus signed before UFA gives me reason to believe that we might get to him before UFA. I'm 95/5 that he comes back though.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
You were right, stuff started leaking after the SCF was finished. I think Clarkson goes to UFA. I'm 60/40 he won't be back, but I think Lou might sign another Clarkson type to a reasonable contract if not. Maybe someone like Penner, Clowe (If cheap) MacArthur.

Patty I'm 50/50 he goes to UFA. Seeing Zubrus signed before UFA gives me reason to believe that we might get to him before UFA. I'm 95/5 that he comes back though.

I expect Patty go gauge his value in the market and just let Lou match an offer he likes. Im also around 95/5 that he comes back. Only way I see him not coming back is if Lou doesnt want him or we are flat broke (Both very unlikely)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I expect Patty go gauge his value in the market and just let Lou match an offer he likes. Im also around 95/5 that he comes back. Only way I see him not coming back is if Lou doesnt want him or we are flat broke (Both very unlikely)

We'd still need him or some other inflated contract just to get us a bit above the cap floor even if we were broke. I could see him getting some dumb Shane Doan like offer. Or even bigger than that. Remember Doan got stupid offers last year. Doan is the same age, and is not as good, and never was as good as Elias.

It also should be noted that Doan is hands down the most overrated 35+ player in the league, while Elias might very well be the most underrated 35+ player in the league.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
We'd still need him or some other inflated contract just to get us a bit above the cap floor even if we were broke. I could see him getting some dumb Shane Doan like offer. Or even bigger than that. Remember Doan got stupid offers last year. Doan is the same age, and is not as good, and never was as good as Elias.

It also should be noted that Doan is hands down the most overrated 35+ player in the league, while Elias might very well be the most underrated 35+ player in the league.

True but Doan had to think long and hard about leaving due to their possible issue of being moved, also he may of wanted to move to a winner cause he hasnt won before . Patty has won before, loves it here, has family and is highly respected and valued by this organization

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully this means hasta la vista to the one trick poni, so I can stop worrying about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad