Confirmed with Link: Source Tells TG Zubrus Re-signs 3 Year/3.1 Million Per

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Interesting that Loktionov's contract was never officially announced by the team... now Zubrus is not exactly finalized but almost there... there were a lot of mentions of the financial situation in TG's blog post about Clarkson... I wonder if Lou is signing deals and making them contingent on something that is in the works with JVB...

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Interesting that Loktionov's contract was never officially announced by the team... now Zubrus is not exactly finalized but almost there... there were a lot of mentions of the financial situation in TG's blog post about Clarkson... I wonder if Lou is signing deals and making them contingent on something that is in the works with JVB...
I don't think so. Capgeek gets its contract information from the NHL front offices, I understand, so if it's listed on cagpeek it's official and signed.

Then again, Loktionov's contract (which is there) is hardly one that would pose financial difficulties.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBES

awesome news, def rocking my #8 jersey opening night

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBES

awesome news, def rocking my #8 jersey opening night[/QUOTE

The terms aren't that bad but they are not that good either. This team needs to start to turn the page though. Don't like investing 9 mil in a player over 35 that's had injury issues recently and is a turtle. Team needs to focus on getting younger and getting more skill. There's no discount in this deal either. He wasn't getting 9 mil on the open market.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
The terms aren't that bad but they are not that good either. This team needs to start to turn the page though. Don't like investing 9 mil in a player over 35 that's had injury issues recently and is a turtle. Team needs to focus on getting younger and getting more skill. There's no discount in this deal either. He wasn't getting 9 mil on the open market.

wut? a turtle? is any part of this post serious?

CKPLAYA

Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
wut? a turtle? is any part of this post serious?

Dead serious. Time to turn the page. With the talent level of this team now, signing 35+ contracts should be avoided. Look, I know it's unpopular to say this but this team is heading to another top 10 pick next year. The last 20 games or so was not an aberration.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Dead serious. Time to turn the page. With the talent level of this team now, signing 35+ contracts should be avoided. Look, I know it's unpopular to say this but this team is heading to another top 10 pick next year. The last 20 games or so was not an aberration.

Some of the worst hockey this team played last year was without Zubrus in the lineup. I could also say that this was no coincidence either.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
The last 20 games or so was not an aberration.

imo, we werent as good as we were at the start of the year and we weren’t as bad as we were when we finished. either way, zubrus was not to blame…not sure how you think he can be. say zubrus walked and clarkson followed. holy **** we’d be ****ed.

the problems relate to scoring. from the blue line, and from our best players (Kovalchuk). I wish there were an easy, free solution to get him scoring again, but alas our coach is dyslexic. you cant possibly make the argument that the team is struggling because zubrus took a discount to stay…can you?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

You honestly think this team's quality is losing 22 out of 30? And that having Kovy, Marty, and Zubrus healthy would have changed nothing?

CKPLAYA

Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
imo, we werent as good as we were at the start of the year and we weren’t as bad as we were when we finished. either way, zubrus was not to blame…not sure how you think he can be. say zubrus walked and clarkson followed. holy **** we’d be ****ed.

the problems relate to scoring. from the blue line, and from our best players (Kovalchuk). I wish there were an easy, free solution to get him scoring again, but alas our coach is dyslexic. you cant possibly make the argument that the team is struggling because zubrus took a discount to stay…can you?

Where did you see me blaming Zubrus for anything? Scary. the argument I am trying to make is that this team in it's current decline cannot sign players like Zubrus (age/skill) and expect to be a contender. I can't put it any simpler. Had possibly the oldest team last year already. 35+ contracts have been and will continue to be for this team. The fewer they have the better.

CKPLAYA

Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
You honestly think this team's quality is losing 22 out of 30? And that having Kovy, Marty, and Zubrus healthy would have changed nothing?

Let me ask you a simple question, do you actually think bringing back Clarkson, Elias and Zubrus to this team next year makes them a playoff team? Look at this team as a whole and tell me if you think this team can even contend for a playoff spot.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Let me ask you a simple question, do you actually think bringing back Clarkson, Elias and Zubrus to this team next year makes them a playoff team? Look at this team as a whole and tell me if you think this team can even contend for a playoff spot.

Yes 100%. If everyone comes back we are a playoff team. We would of been last year had that been a full season

CKPLAYA

Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
Yes 100%. If everyone comes back we are a playoff team. We would of been last year had that been a full season

See I think a full season with the roster next year gives them less of a chance. The age and ability of this team is not good at all. But hey. You think they get in. I don't. If they bring the whole team back from last and don't upgrade the roster I am willing to take all action they don't get in.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
See I think a full season with the roster next year gives them less of a chance. The age and ability of this team is not good at all. But hey. You think they get in. I don't. If they bring the whole team back from last and don't upgrade the roster I am willing to take all action they don't get in.

Led the entire NHL in shots produced, were top in shot differential and were top of the league in puck possession. We just couldnt finish, which more then anything, can be due to injuries and stellar goalie play (By the other teams goalie) You can easily say we missed the playoffs due to being unlucky

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

By that same token, though, we can't expect them to get rid of anyone in their mid 30s, insert random prospect in his place, and expect better results. This should be the method that we go by, bring back the important pieces from the team and try and upgrade through trade or free agency with who doesn't return or with what we're already missing.

CKPLAYA

Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
Led the entire NHL in shots produced, were top in shot differential and were top of the league in puck possession. We just couldnt finish, which more then anything, can be due to injuries and stellar goalie play (By the other teams goalie) You can easily say we missed the playoffs due to being unlucky

UGH! you were building some credibility until you used "unlucky". We'll see. Time will tell.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens

or we just don't have any finishers. This year, I would be greatly concerned if nothing was done on the offensive side. Not even counting who leaves.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We definitely lead the league in post hits last year. I'm pretty sure there was one game that we were shut out, and hit 5 posts during that game. Who can forget the one game Kovy had 2 breakaways, and hit the post both times? Kovy himself may have been averaging 1 post a game for a while there.

lboogie42*

zubie can fit in anywhere on any club and still be effective. He can play with grinders and snipers. Glad we have him.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

Absolutely. This team would have made the playoffs in an 82 game season.

We were in the playoff hunt until 4 games left, and that's with major injuries and half our roster having career lows in scoring, what on Earth makes you think we won't at least match it next year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad