Confirmed with Link: Source Tells TG Zubrus Re-signs 3 Year/3.1 Million Per

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wouldnt be so sure yet, if Clarkson doesnt get re-signed then you may get Poni back

I doubt it very much. I think there's a better chance we sign somebody else, or we let Matteau play there.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I expect Patty go gauge his value in the market and just let Lou match an offer he likes. Im also around 95/5 that he comes back. Only way I see him not coming back is if Lou doesnt want him or we are flat broke (Both very unlikely)

Totally agree with this. Fully expect this is what Patty will do and he will be back. This may be his last big contract with multiple years attached and he knows it.

Like Trap said Bleed, Poni could very easily be back if Lou thinks Clarkson is gone. I don't really want him back, but if he is on the third line only he could get back to 2012 Poni.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Totally agree with this. Fully expect this is what Patty will do and he will be back. This may be his last big contract with multiple years attached and he knows it.

Like Trap said Bleed, Poni could very easily be back if Lou thinks Clarkson is gone. I don't really want him back, but if he is on the third line only he could get back to 2012 Poni.

if clarkson is gone and no one else is brought in then poni won't be on the third line.

i'd rather not sign him.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Good point I saw on twitter. We may worry about years 2 and 3 of the deal, but the cap is projected to go up, soo his deal will look cheaper and cheaper as it goes on

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell 2m
From Zubrus' agent Jerrold Colton: "I am hopeful of getting a deal done for Zubrus with the Devils, but nothing has been finalized"

Basically his agent is saying , its basically done but im not saying **** because Lou will kill me. This is basically what happened to Loktionov. Took a bit to get it "finalized"

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
From Zubrus' agent Jerrold Colton: "I am hopeful of getting a deal done for Zubrus with the Devils, but nothing has been finalized"

Basically his agent is saying , its done but im not saying **** because Lou will kill me. This is basically what happened to Loktionov. Took a bit to get it "finalized"

He can't say anything because today is Wednesday. Lou only announces things on Tuesdays and THursdays.

hockeyr5

Mar 8, 2009
Wow I didn't realize Zubs was 35 already. But I still think three years is a good length.

Very happy with the signing.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
He can't say anything because today is Wednesday. Lou only announces things on Tuesdays and THursdays.

Very very good point. This may just go like Loktionov's deal did. We heard the news that it was done but it will just be posted on capgeek randomly sometime and never announced

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey

Basically his agent is saying , its basically done but im not saying **** because Lou will kill me. This is basically what happened to Loktionov. Took a bit to get it "finalized"

Was Loktionov's deal ever finalized?

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
I remember when I fully respected Zubrus when we lost to the Rags a few years back in the playoffs. The guy is a team player and definitely a positive influence in the locker room

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
if clarkson is gone and no one else is brought in then poni won't be on the third line.

i'd rather not sign him.

Exactly. He won't be on the third line. I don't think he wanted to come back in the first place, and his performance this year was on par of that of players that are not brought back because they were passengers. I think Lou knows this. I could name tons of players like this who were not welcome back over the years. He also IMO looked like he didn't wanna return in the first place, which is why I've been constantly crucifying the guy. The outside chance he is gonna cover for Clarkson, we can only hope he bolts within an hour like he did last year and is picked up by someone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad