Confirmed with Link: Source Tells TG Zubrus Re-signs 3 Year/3.1 Million Per

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Not surprising. Imagine how hard it would've been to move his coffee bar...

Glad Zuuuubes will be back.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Remember last year. This could also signal a row of signings like it did last year in the closing days of June. Only we signed guys that made under a million, but with Zubrus being re signed, we could possibly see a couple others pop up.

Patty is the one I'm most concerned with. I could see a Harrold signing coming up soon too. Zidlicky I'm not sure about, as I really don't think he'll be back unless we trade somebody.

NJDFan4Life

Jun 25, 2009
Canada
I'm glad we re-signed Zubby for 3 years, He is a big part of this team on & off the ice, He is a great leader to have & he is definitely somebody I can see the Younger players looking up too. DJ Zubs!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So the top 40 warm up music at the rock will be continuing?:laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Remember last year. This could also signal a row of signings like it did last year in the closing days of June. Only we signed guys that made under a million, but with Zubrus being re signed, we could possibly see a couple others pop up.

Patty is the one I'm most concerned with. I could see a Harrold signing coming up soon too. Zidlicky I'm not sure about, as I really don't think he'll be back unless we trade somebody.

I could see Patty and Henrique making up the wave honestly. I really don't think you need to worry about Patty. He is as loyal as they come, and Lou knows how important he is to this team. Both sides will reach an agreement.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I could see Patty and Henrique making up the wave honestly. I really don't think you need to worry about Patty. He is as loyal as they come, and Lou knows how important he is to this team. Both sides will reach an agreement.
Everything is a plus to me as long as Poni, Kosto, and Janssen aren't brought back. I would rather Gomez than Poni, and he'd probably cost around the same. No kidding at all.

I'm okay with letting Zidlicky walk. We could possibly use that money to bring in forward help. Our defense will probably go back to scoring only 15 goals a season, but maybe we can get the total goal scoring back up to where it was 2 years ago.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Very happy with this :handclap:
I'm not so worried about the term since his style is, as mentioned, quite versatile.
By year 3, he can still be a pretty damn good bottom 6 guy without being a liability. Only issue would be his speed, but that's never been part of his game to begin with.

Bonus: 3 more years for Conte to perfect his Zubrus cloning machine.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
A really good contract. Zubrus is just one of those must need players for the team.

My dad got a Zubrus jersey in his second year here and I find it funny that his jersey is gonna last almost a decade.

Semak

Good to hear. The obligatory good soldier third to boot but no biggie.

If Clarkson doesn't come back and they can upgrade one or two top 6 spots I wouldn't mind seeing Zubs - JJ - Tedenby and see what they can do.

ZadorovNJD*

More Z's! love the contract more than I love waffles! and I love waffles!

kiwidevil

Glad Zubs will be back. Can basically play anywhere in the lineup and a great guy to have in the room. Not to mention he's an animal on the cycle...

t-rexbycle-copy.jpg

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Very happy with this :handclap:
I'm not so worried about the term since his style is, as mentioned, quite versatile.
By year 3, he can still be a pretty damn good bottom 6 guy without being a liability. Only issue would be his speed, but that's never been part of his game to begin with.

Bonus: 3 more years for Conte to perfect his Zubrus cloning machine.

You know what Saugs always says. Perfect team is 11 Zubri (that the plural? haha) + one based Kovy = cup.jpg

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Hard to believe that he is going to have spent the majority of his career in New Jersey when all is said and done. Crazy to think about how long he has been in the league and yet is only 35. He truly has embraced the team, the area and the fans.

<3 Zubie!

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Yeah I think first and foremost, Zubrus is just a great Devil and a perfect example of the organization's values.. He works hard, plays a 2-way game, great teammate (Super Bowl parties, character in the locker room, etc), and sets a great example for young guys coming through

I'm very glad to have him back.. He represents more value to the Devils than just his numbers.. I think I'll have to get his shirt now at the Rock during the Draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad