Speculation: Source of the "divide" in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
I have no reason to believe him, either. It makes absolutely no sense to have brought him back if there wasn't a desperate need to apply a quick bandage the the hemorraghing morale.

Well, we obtained him the season before (2017-2018) and there weren’t any grumbling of a locker room issue... so I don’t agree with your logic at all. You can pick up a depth character player who won’t see much (if any) ice-time in the playoffs.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Well if 2 team mates coming to blows isn't a locker room issue than he isn't lying. Otherwise he's lying as that happened for a fact

Can't believe I'm saying this but maybe if Lawless was still here a reporter would have got the story out. Chipman has so many people 1290 etc under control that they wouldn't say anything

What are you talking about?

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Not gonna say names. Maybe in 10 years we get a tell all book which shows how bad the dysfunction was this year. Just like I said I'm surprised that the media either didn't dig into any of this or maybe they knew and were told not to report it

Because you don’t know any names (because you don’t have any evidence or information to back it up).

As for your comment regarding the media: the media would’ve been all over this if they knew about something like this. It would be a very juicy story. They are journalists at the end of the day... and if you think back to last year’s fight between Wheeler & Chiarot during a practice, the media was all over it.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Because you don’t know any names (because you don’t have any evidence or information to back it up).

As for your comment regarding the media: the media would’ve been all over this if they knew about something like this. It would be a very juicy story. They are journalists at the end of the day... and if you think back to last year’s fight between Wheeler & Chiarot during a practice, the media was all over it.

We have evidence of this as well vis a vis the Kane track suit incident.

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014

It will come out one day or year. If you don't believe than that is your choice

The media needs to dig and use sources. How often is a story broken by local media lately?

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Well, we obtained him the season before (2017-2018) and there weren’t any grumbling of a locker room issue... so I don’t agree with your logic at all. You can pick up a depth character player who won’t see much (if any) ice-time in the playoffs.
You think that they signed him for his on-ice contribution? Okay...

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
I get that everyone wants a source but also tend to agree that a lot does NOT get reported by the media because there is nothing tangible a reporter could use to back any rumors. Think of the Kane incidents that occurred in local bars etc that were never reported but most of us heard rumors of or from friend of a friend type things. Winnipeg is a small town trapped in a big city and everyone knows everyone somehow and just because there's no recognized source orotangible evidence does not mean something didn't happen.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I get that everyone wants a source but also tend to agree that a lot does NOT get reported by the media because there is nothing tangible a reporter could use to back any rumors. Think of the Kane incidents that occurred in local bars etc that were never reported but most of us heard rumors of or from friend of a friend type things. Winnipeg is a small town trapped in a big city and everyone knows everyone somehow and just because there's no recognized source orotangible evidence does not mean something didn't happen.

There are many things that go unreported. I think most of the issues that are hidden are drug addiction issues. NOT saying anything like this is going on here. I can't see anyone on our current team that would into that. Just an example of something that occurs every year in the NHL, but never gets reported, only that a player is injured.

Reactions: sipowicz

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012

Seems like he got stapled to Buff in 2017 when the world was worried about his focus on how to play a less selfish game.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
It amazes me how people just make stuff up​

This is the only outlet on HFJets for rampant, unfounded speculation after a disappointing season. :laugh:

I just take it for what it is, believe what I want and throw out what I don't. Not sure I believe any of it though!

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This is the only outlet on HFJets for rampant, unfounded speculation after a disappointing season. :laugh:

I just take it for what it is, believe what I want and throw out what I don't. Not sure I believe any of it though!

"I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe anything."
-- David St. Hubbins

:nod:

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017

Lol. The media won’t ‘be all over it’. That’s how they get blacklisted. Trevor Kidd himself has said this

Reactions: hn777 and amethyst
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad