Speculation: Source of the "divide" in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Seems to me there might need to be some significant changes this summer. Not just with the older secondary players, but with core players.

Sure you can move Trouba and Perreault, and let Myers leave, but a greater shakeup might be needed.

I wonder if a Buff or Wheeler move is being contemplated? Or stripping the C from Wheeler? This team needs a change. Maybe a big change.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Seems to me there might need to be some significant changes this summer. Not just with the older secondary players, but with core players.

Sure you can move Trouba and Perreault, and let Myers leave, but a greater shakeup might be needed.

I wonder if a Buff or Wheeler move is being contemplated? Or stripping the C from Wheeler? This team needs a change. Maybe a big change.

I think they're probably going to change things that shouldn't be changed and keep things that shouldn't be kept, starting with the coaches.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Nobody is stripping the C off Wheeler. How embarrassing would that be? You're the captain, now you are not, but we want you to keep playing for us like nothing changed. Nope... If Wheeler is no longer the captain it's because he was traded.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
I think it is tempting to dive deep into speculations and rumours. However, I am confident that if Maurice changes his leadership style of extreme preference and favouritism towards certain players on the team, any divides will dissipate. However, his leadership style must change.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Nobody is stripping the C off Wheeler. How embarrassing would that be? You're the captain, now you are not, but we want you to keep playing for us like nothing changed. Nope... If Wheeler is no longer the captain it's because he was traded.
Happened in San Jose. They’ve moved on ok, after dust settled.

I’m sure stripping the C from Wheeler will make him want to leave. With his NMC, that may be the best way to get that ball in motion.

Looking in from the outside, Jets leadership under Wheeler and Buff this year was a problem, imo.

If the room was more worried about their ice time, their role being suitable in their eyes, and how that impacts upcoming contract negotiations, rather than the success of the team, then that speaks to a ‘me-first’ culture being lead by your leadership core.

Scheifele and Wheeler being glued at the hip also speaks to players influencing the coaches to get what they want. Even if it hurts the team. Another example of ‘me-first’ attitude, imo.

If your second line is struggling to score, and a scoring second line would help the team win, why would you not want to create that change and volunteer to help to see what impact that can have for the betterment of the team. A strong captain might even request or suggest they move to help with it. Somehow I just don’t see Wheeler suggesting that as it could negatively impact his personal stats and ice time.

Guys that I’ve noticed taking nearly 2 min power play shifts regularly: Wheeler, Scheifele, Byfuglien, and on occasion Trouba, though not nearly as often as Buff (pre-injury). Staying out for the final 40 secs of a penalty after starting the first minute and half is all about padding your personal stats.

Now do you blame the players for thinking mostly about themselves, or the coaches allowing it? Maybe both, as Wheeler wants to only play for PoMo. No kidding. Team isn’t going anywhere until they accept a role and play for one another.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
That may be why Hendricks was reacquired. He would be the first guy to preach team success over personal success and accepting a role.

The only guy that might have a beef about a limited role is Copp. Everyone else had opportunity and did nothing with it. Such as Roslovic had time on 2nd line for extended period of time when Ehlers was out, Laine had time on top line, Little played in the 2C spot most of the year and had down seasons.

Only Copp was asked to anchor the 4th line C spot after Roslovic couldn’t, and only had limited time on TLC, until the playoffs.

Reactions: upperdeckjet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
#5 I’ve never liked the idea of formally changing the leadership. It can create more problems then fix this “so-called problem”. With being such a young team, some of the young guys will over time naturally start to take on that role. Much better to let someone naturally step up then to try and force things.

I don't want to wait that long (and I am sure you don't want to either). We can't allow this culture to become en-hardened in our dressing room. IF the problem is with Wheeler (and I say BIG if), then you trade him. Show the young guys they are the present and the future. Wheeler could fetch something really nice for us at D, surely.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Annoys me to no end that the FP wants you to pay for their online stories. Everything else is free that use.
How DARE THEY try to be profitable and not go bankrupt :laugh:

Seriously though, this is a MAJOR issue for media, and news in general. Reputable news sources are losing their bread and butter streams (Cable TV, terrestrial radio and print). No one EVER wants to pay for anything online. No one wants to watch ads so they get an adblocker. Paywalls only have limited efficacy (think satellite radio)

So, what ends up happening is people read stuff from far less reputable sources like far left or right leaning sites, blogs, and the like. That is very dangerous, because though you can get a really balanced take on a story by reading a bunch of established sites, many people just read shit that aligns with their biases.

This is why we have so many ridiculous opinions about stuff nowadays.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It's interesting about Jack Roslovic and how there have been murmurs about him not being happy with his usage. Cited in 31 thoughts, recently.

I don't blame him...however he is one of those guys who gets what he earns. He had a fantastic rookie season, and then fell off a cliff this year. I think he is going to be very good next year - he seems to be the kind of guy who will put a chip on his shoulder and train all off-season and 'prove everyone wrong'

Reactions: sipowicz

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice

Found the source.

But can't play the video ;(

Link :)
facebook.com/61652252465/posts/10156118952102466/

Hoping Laine is already doing this!!!!

Last edited:

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
If Wheeler and Buff have had so many fights why are their wives such good friends then, they are the godmothers of their kids too. not buying it sorry

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
If Wheeler and Buff have had so many fights why are their wives such good friends then, they are the godmothers of their kids too. not buying it sorry
Someone today actually told me it was Scheifele and Buff who Fought.
And Buff was off due to a suspension
So who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: