Speculation: Source of the "divide" in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Then of course there is the widely popular rumour that Lowry slept with Scheif’s girlfriend a few months back. I actually don’t know many Jets fans that haven’t heard this one. Hopefully it’s false but there is a lot that ads up to make that case.
Wow. That's rich.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Wow. That's rich.
Rich or not it ads up. It was also rich back in the day that Bogo had an “upper body injury” and shortly after a few other d-men did as well. Not sure about you but rehab isn’t usually needed for an upper body injury other than for the nose...

Reactions: JetLeaf and Zippity

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Rich or not it ads up. It was also rich back in the day that Bogo had an “upper body injury” and shortly after a few other d-men did as well. Not sure about you but rehab isn’t usually needed for an upper body injury other than for the nose...

How does this 'add up'?

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Sometimes I come to HFboards to be entertained.
BatBoy_01.jpg

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
I honestly don’t see why people would stick their head in the sand like it’s impossible for something like that to happen! In any event we will know shortly. If Lowry is traded this offseason then we know it was true.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
I’ve read through all 32 pages of this.

Is this meant to be fun as a lot of the talk on here is about serious stuff for families that are involved.

If there is no credibility to the claims this thread should be shut down....

Reactions: Jimmyjets

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I’ve read through all 32 pages of this.

Is this meant to be fun as a lot of the talk on here is about serious stuff for families that are involved.

If there is no credibility to the claims this thread should be shut down....
giphy.gif

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
There was a kind of goofiness to Pat Doyle, but I always read the columns

I use to get in to it with Doyle all the time. He actually published 2 of my emails in the paper, one had me calling him out on an article stating how we needed to pony up and pay Tkachuk what he wanted, the other I told him to stick to reporting on curling and leave hockey to the real reporters.

I actually touched base with her, now Patti Dawn Swanson, laughed about the feud, and how it shocked the crap out of me opening Saturday's paper with my email taking up half a page in the sports section, with about 20 (sics) throughout.

They need to make a movie on her career, very interesting to say the least. Patty Doyle always had a fabricated tough guy persona with the cowboy hat, brash reporting and highly critical towards sports figures in our town, and now in light of the transformation his/her life has taken, while covering a man's sport like hockey, cannot imagine the struggle it was to hide it all those years.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I use to get in to it with Doyle all the time. He actually published 2 of my emails in the paper, one had me calling him out on an article stating how we needed to pony up and pay Tkachuk what he wanted, the other I told him to stick to reporting on curling and leave hockey to the real reporters.

I actually touched base with her, now Patti Dawn Swanson, laughed about the feud, and how it shocked the crap out of me opening Saturday's paper with my email taking up half a page in the sports section, with about 20 (sics) throughout.

They need to make a movie on her career, very interesting to say the least. Patty Doyle always had a fabricated tough guy persona with the cowboy hat, brash reporting and highly critical towards sports figures in our town, and now in light of the transformation his/her life has taken, while covering a man's sport like hockey, cannot imagine the struggle it was to hide it all those years.
Wow, I had absolutely no idea about this.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It's interesting about Jack Roslovic and how there have been murmurs about him not being happy with his usage. Cited in 31 thoughts, recently.

I used to like Friedman, but no more. I think he should re-title his column - "31 Rumours and Wild Ass Speculations".

Whatever he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Mathil8 and Huffer

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Other NHL teams have very young captains who were chosen over established veterans with leadership qualities, however the Jets II decided to hang on for dear life to the Thrashers' vets like Andrew Ladd and Blake Wheeler and crowned them captain. (Other Thrashers' hang-ons are big Buff and Little.)

For goodness sake, we have Mark Scheifele, the Jets II very first draft pick (and their poster boy) and he was bypassed as the captain. To add salt to his wound, Chevy in his questionable wisdom decided to honour Wheeler with a contract extension worth 5 years at $8.25M which will be some $2M per season more than Scheifele's. Perhaps as a Winnipeg sportswriter hinted, Sheif is envious of Wheeler being the team's highest paid player just ex-Habs Max like Pacioretty was envious of PK Subban's $9M per salary.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Who knows? But, I was referring to the league as a whole. It happens, and sometimes it's kept quite and no one knows the real reason for the trade. Not every incident is like Ottawa.

I know of a specific case with a high degree of confidence. Involved a high profile player being traded. Will say no more though.

Edit: Just to be clear, it happened before the return of the Jets. So no Jets involved.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
In the case of the Hells Angels and the American Mafia, there are strict rules against:

1. Wacking of a momma.
2. Having an affair with another man's wife/girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad