Sony PS5 2

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
This is a PS4 question, I can't be bothered going through to try and find that thread.

Yesterday I was trying to play Rocket League and every time I loaded into a match the game crashed with the error code CE-34878-0. I tried today and I even got this just after trying to launch the game. It's the only game it's happening with, I've tried a few today (disc and digital) and they're all fine. Anyone have any ideas? If it keeps happening I might delete and reinstall the game since it just seems to be this one that's having the problem, but it's weird that it's only the one game that's crashing.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
This is a PS4 question, I can't be bothered going through to try and find that thread.

Yesterday I was trying to play Rocket League and every time I loaded into a match the game crashed with the error code CE-34878-0. I tried today and I even got this just after trying to launch the game. It's the only game it's happening with, I've tried a few today (disc and digital) and they're all fine. Anyone have any ideas? If it keeps happening I might delete and reinstall the game since it just seems to be this one that's having the problem, but it's weird that it's only the one game that's crashing.
Your primary hard drive is dying.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Am i a crazy person wanting ps5 only to play NHL 22 on it?
Yes i am!
Thank us very much!
We wants it...

Reactions: Beau Knows

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

I should have added that this is the best kit out there with real easy to follow instructions. These are faster than the drives the PS came with.

PlayStation 4 Upgrade Kit

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I should have added that this is the best kit out there with real easy to follow instructions. These are faster than the drives the PS came with.

PlayStation 4 Upgrade Kit
I rebuilt the database on my PS4 and it still didn't work, so I deleted and reinstalled the game. Works fine now. It's the first time I've ever had a problem like this so I think I'm fine for the time being.

Reactions: aleshemsky83

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
You know, I'm not even that interested in Forbidden West but I gotta say

Sony is just doing everything wrong with this gen Looks like all future AAA games will not include an upgrade option for PS4 to PS5

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
You know, I'm not even that interested in Forbidden West but I gotta say

Sony is just doing everything wrong with this gen Looks like all future AAA games will not include an upgrade option for PS4 to PS5

Why would future AAA games need to be played on PS4 to begin with? That is the whole point of the PS5.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
My PS5 just sits around collecting dust mostly. Is this death loop game going to be any good? The premise isn’t my cup of tea but I’m still willing to try it. I skipped returnal because of the similar premise. Man just nothing really interests me.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Why would future AAA games need to be played on PS4 to begin with? That is the whole point of the PS5.
because tons of people still wont have a ps5 by release and they shouldnt have to buy the game twice
My PS5 just sits around collecting dust mostly. Is this death loop game going to be any good? The premise isn’t my cup of tea but I’m still willing to try it. I skipped returnal because of the similar premise. Man just nothing really interests me.
Honestly, games just objectively aren't as innovative or new anymore. All the formulas are entrenched, all the research and design is in optimization monetization and GaaS. You're never going to see a Mario 64, Zelda, Dark Soul etc.'s ever again, not even as an indie game. Indie games are now their own stale industry of rehashing retro games with some quirky spin. If you're in your late 20s or 30s, you've pretty much played every game ever made or that will be made.

I give Horizon credit though I dont want to sound too negative, the combat was genuinely new and refreshing. Everything else was taken piece by piece from other AAA games.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
because tons of people still wont have a ps5 by release and they shouldnt have to buy the game twice
Honestly, games just objectively aren't as innovative or new anymore. All the formulas are entrenched, all the research and design is in optimization monetization and GaaS. You're never going to see a Mario 64, Zelda, Dark Soul etc.'s ever again, not even as an indie game. Indie games are now their own stale industry of rehashing retro games with some quirky spin. If you're in your late 20s or 30s, you've pretty much played every game ever made or that will be made.

I give Horizon credit though I dont want to sound too negative, the combat was genuinely new and refreshing. Everything else was taken piece by piece from other AAA games.

I actually couldn’t into Horizon zero Dawn either. I felt like I was in a tutorial for too long and gave up and lost interest. Not to say it’s not a good game it also just didn’t grip me. I am late 30s and don’t disagree with you, but there were a couple games I really got into and they certainly didn’t reinvent the wheel. RDR2 and Witcher 3 were the most recent that did.

Maybe it is an age thing and I just want to make sure if I invest in a story based game im going to have a lot of fun instead of just “a little fun.” I guess I’m just super picky and pass on a lot of games even if they are good ones, but the premise just doesn’t do it for me.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Because so many people are having trouble finding a PS5 and Sony wants to sell as many copies as possible.

Sony has bungled the transition between generations so bad with these half-assed upgrade paths and whatnot.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Because so many people are having trouble finding a PS5 and Sony wants to sell as many copies as possible.

Sony has bungled the transition between generations so bad with these half-assed upgrade paths and whatnot.
That is still today. The comment was about future AAA. At some point they need to start producing for the PS5 and not worry about upgrading a PS4 game. Either you get the PS4 version or you wait for the PS5 version. I have yet to get an upgraded version for a game that came out on PS4 because if I wanted to play that game I bought it played it and moved on with my life. There was never any need to upgrade.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
That is still today. The comment was about future AAA. At some point they need to start producing for the PS5 and not worry about upgrading a PS4 game. Either you get the PS4 version or you wait for the PS5 version. I have yet to get an upgraded version for a game that came out on PS4 because if I wanted to play that game I bought it played it and moved on with my life. There was never any need to upgrade.

I'm the same way personally, but I don't see why somebody who buys a game on the PS4 should be forced to rebuy a game again on PS5 if they do want to keep playing a PS4 game with upgrades. Just offer a $10 upgrade path to make up the difference in price between PS4 and PS5 games and call it a day.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The fact that you have to pay extra money in order to take advantage of hardware that you already paid for is incredibly stupid to me, but that's how the console market works. They sell the hardware for a good deal then nickel and dime you everywhere possible on software.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The fact that you have to pay extra money in order to take advantage of hardware that you already paid for is incredibly stupid to me, but that's how the console market works. They sell the hardware for a good deal then nickel and dime you everywhere possible on software.
Exactly, the razor blade model. And some people will still eat it up. TBH I dont even agree with paying the upgrade fee, but at least there is some type of argument for that.

On a somewhat related note:

Austin Evans (I dont watch many of his videos) got destroyed for pointing out that the new model of PS5 shrunk the heatsink in half.

People trashing him claiming they did it to ship more units (absolutely no evidence that shrinking the heatsink will get them more units, heat sinks are extremely easy to source), hes an xbox shill, etc.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I heard about the new ps5's possibly being shit a while ago ... i got a bit lucky and was able to get one off craiglist new in box without any scalper markup a couple months ago, like after looking for 15 minutes lol. The dude was actually getting off playing some beer league hockey with friends. cool guy

i am just waiting for some better games, i never had the last gen, so have been playing horizon zero done and the last star wars games

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Elden Ring coming in January 2022 (2023 essentially) Holy cow the pandemic must have hit From Software hard.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
And this is why you don't just bend over and take it

I certainly think gamers can be super entitled too but I'm glad when lads throw a fit and make some positive change.

Edit:

I didn't even read the full article. This is a one time thing. All future cross gen upgrades will be $10 now.

Which at least they have the option tbh but I still believe it should be free unless the next gen version offers significantly different features.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad