Sony PS5 2

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Follow (or if you're like me and don't use Twitter just regularly check) @mattswider. He sends notifications out for nearly every restock. It's certainly not a guarantee and still took me a couple months to actually land one, but he's the only reason I was able to do so.

Also, you're not likely to find any in an actual store, most companies are online only and sell out in minutes.
Have nowinstock.net open and make sure the alarms are turned on. Keep an eye on the chat, too, as they can somehow beat the alarms. I also made sure I had different browsers open and on the product page for whichever store was getting stock; when I managed to get one, I got it through Firefox, I believe, but I had the product page open in IE, Firefox, Edge, and Chrome, and I kept refreshing during the stock drop until I got the button to purchase one. I only waited 5 days before being able to snag a PS5 from Best Buy doing this.

The scalpers on nowinstock.net swear by the Firefox "containers" method, which I've never used and don't know anything about. If you get really desperate, maybe check that out. Good luck hunting!

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Any tips or tricks to finding a PS5? Every place I have stopped is sold out and has no idea when they will get more.

IFTTT app, make a rule for twitter that whenever @BBYC_Gamers tweets to get push notifications. Wait for them to announce stock, profit.

Reactions: YpsiWings

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Any tips or tricks to finding a PS5? Every place I have stopped is sold out and has no idea when they will get more.
Not sure where you are based out of, Lbabinz twitter for Canada is great, and in my experience, the Wal-Mart midnight EST drops of PS5 tend to be easier to grab one off of than any mid-day drop. That's how I got one, and I was able to spot one and send the link to a friend in time for him to grab one. Mid-day drops tend to fly off the shelves at a ridiculous pace.

Reactions: YpsiWings

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
IFTTT app, make a rule for twitter that whenever @BBYC_Gamers tweets to get push notifications. Wait for them to announce stock, profit.

@wario64 on Twitter

Not sure where you are based out of, Lbabinz twitter for Canada is great, and in my experience, the Wal-Mart midnight EST drops of PS5 tend to be easier to grab one off of than any mid-day drop. That's how I got one, and I was able to spot one and send the link to a friend in time for him to grab one. Mid-day drops tend to fly off the shelves at a ridiculous pace.

Thank you for the replies, I made a Twitter account and turned on notifications. I just moved to Kansas from South Korea, figured I would wait to get a PS5 until I got back stateside. I realize now that was a mistake, had no idea it would be this difficult to find one haha. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks again, I will keep a close eye on new notifications. If I can get a PS5 in time for 2K22 and NHL 22 I’ll be happy.

Reactions: Dolemite

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Man, I dont know where to post this, it might even deserve its own thread because Ive genuinely never seen anything like this before. The r/lastofus2 subreddit is in a absolute tailspin of insanity right now. I'll try to minimize the explanation as much as possible since it involves youtube drama, but basically an absolutely rabid last of us 2 disliker was spamming a youtube channels inbox making all sorts of threats

Basically the mods believed this youtubers claims that they were being harassed and banned the mention of their channel. Sanity prevails right? Wrong, the sub devolved into subtle sub-references of the accusations where topics ironically claiming they liked the game we're upvoted (while actual sincere comments saying they like it are downvoted). Blah blah blah, bunch of nonsense later, a mod posts a sort of apology to the youtubers for the conduct of the sub, the backlash is so bad that the mod deletes his reddit account.

I never knew a videogame could inspire so much anger, its been like 2 years at this point too is the crazy part. You'd think it would have died down.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Man, I dont know where to post this, it might even deserve its own thread because Ive genuinely never seen anything like this before. The r/lastofus2 subreddit is in a absolute tailspin of insanity right now. I'll try to minimize the explanation as much as possible since it involves youtube drama, but basically an absolutely rabid last of us 2 disliker was spamming a youtube channels inbox making all sorts of threats

Basically the mods believed this youtubers claims that they were being harassed and banned the mention of their channel. Sanity prevails right? Wrong, the sub devolved into subtle sub-references of the accusations where topics ironically claiming they liked the game we're upvoted (while actual sincere comments saying they like it are downvoted). Blah blah blah, bunch of nonsense later, a mod posts a sort of apology to the youtubers for the conduct of the sub, the backlash is so bad that the mod deletes his reddit account.

I never knew a videogame could inspire so much anger, its been like 2 years at this point too is the crazy part. You'd think it would have died down.

It's only been out a year roughly (13 and a half months to be exact). I enjoyed The Last of Us Part 2. How toxic it has gotten around the game is ridiculous. If you didn't enjoy it, just move on. This is also all over story choices, it is not like they released a broken game where people felt ripped off like Cyberpunk, No Man's Sky, or Fallout 76 (which also had false advertising issues and terrible PR management related to the Canvas bags), the game is insanely polished (I think I had one blue screen crash playing it on a base PS4 at launch). I mean, do people get this mad when a TV show or movie kills a character they love? People didn't even get this mad over the Sopranos ending.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
The games extreme hatred from what I can tell is based on a small amount of possibly legitimate gripes, but mostly backlash about the diversity of it's characters, which is just pathetic.

The subreddit you guys are talking about, from what I've seen became more about political ideology than criticism of a video game. There's another subreddit that's largely occupied by people who hate the ending to Game of Thrones, but the posts there are what you would expect to find - criticism of the shows story, characters, etc. Even though I find it weird that people would still spend time every day talking about how GoT declined, there's a vast difference between the level of vitriol and what it's directed at in that sub and the one for TLOU2, and it's quite revealing.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
PS5 exclusives getting killed in sales.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales: 6.5M (PS4/PS5)
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart: 1.1M
Returnal: 0.56M
Destruction All Stars: 0.00000000001M

I dont think Sony is gonna be making any more next gen exclusive games.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

So basically 1 in 10 people who own the console own Ratchet and Clank for an early summer release. I'm sure Ratchet and Clank/Returnal will see nice bumps when more systems are in the wild and black friday/holiday season.

But, yeah, until Sony can get production and systems out there, we probably won't see a flagship exclusive until 2023 with something like Spiderman 2 or whatever, since we know GT 7, Horizon and God of War are all cross gen.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Maybe it's time they make a good exclusive? I have no interest in any of those games.

Wasn't the Spider-Man game like 6 hours long? And Ratchet and Clank is definitely not going to appeal to most people. No idea what Returnal is.

They had absolutely no plan when the PS5 was released, Final Fantasy should have been foaming at the mouth to release FF 16 around the release of the PS5, even if that meant doubling the staff for the game and begining to work on it YEARS ago. Instead, nothing big came out with the PS5. But I guess maybe that was their plan since they knew they were never going to be able to get enough consoles out there, which they still haven't been able to do.

Last edited:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Maybe it's time they make a good exclusive? I have no interest in any of those games.

Wasn't the Spider-Man game like 6 hours long? And Ratchet and Clank is definitely not going to appeal to most people. No idea what Returnal is.

They had absolutely no plan when the PS5 was released, Final Fantasy should have been foaming at the mouth to release FF 16 around the release of the PS5, even if that meant doubling the staff for the game and begining to work on it YEARS ago. Instead, nothing big came out with the PS5. But I guess maybe that was their plan since they knew they were never going to be able to get enough consoles out there, which they still haven't been able to do.
I mean, FF16 is out of Sony's hands. That's a Square Enix project that Sony occasionally buys exclusivity windows from. Launch windows are generally slow, and this is likely magnified by Covid.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

Spiderman was $50 and was 8 hours, so only slightly shorter than ratchet and clanks, so it was surprisingly good deal considering it was almost half the price.

And I put it on the list because it sold well, I'm not saying it sold badly, lol.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Thank you for the replies, I made a Twitter account and turned on notifications. I just moved to Kansas from South Korea, figured I would wait to get a PS5 until I got back stateside. I realize now that was a mistake, had no idea it would be this difficult to find one haha. Oh well, live and learn. Thanks again, I will keep a close eye on new notifications. If I can get a PS5 in time for 2K22 and NHL 22 I’ll be happy.

This is probably not as helpful as what others have said since it is pretty obvious, but since I didn't see anyone mention it, I thought I'd chime in. I was able to get mine from one of the official Sony drops where you enter a queue and then are randomly selected to pass into the store. I haven't paid close attention but they seem a little less frequent now. Still figured I'd briefly mention it. I follow wario64 on twitter and probably tried the Sony queue a half dozen times with no luck, but then it worked when I wasn't expecting it.

For me, it's more low maintenance than the other options, since you just need to enter the queue when it gets announced and cross your fingers. I was in the habit of doing it just to see if it would happen, and was only half-decided to buy one.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
How not shocking, as long as the PS4 version is still happening, release it whenever lol
Im kind of surprised to be honest 5 years is a long time for a sequel, though tbh breath of the wild 2 will probably take even longer.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
There's probably no way anybody's gonna be know the answer to this question off hand but I may as well try. Does anybody know what the Jak and Daxter games emulation is like on PS5? I know Apr Escape 2 is super broken on PS5 just wondering about the Jak games.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

Considering quality exclusives "won" them the last generation console war, I don't think they'll give up quite that fast.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Considering quality exclusives "won" them the last generation console war, I don't think they'll give up quite that fast.
I don't really think that's true. The PS4 was outselling the Xbox One even at the very beginning of the generation when Microsoft was putting out better games than Sony. Microsoft "lost" themselves the last generation with their botched reveal.

Not to mention the fact that most people who buy consoles don't really care about the exclusives. Those sales numbers for Ratchet and Clank and Returnal seem about right to me given the amount of PS5s out there right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad