Sony PS5 2

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Exactly, the razor blade model. And some people will still eat it up. TBH I dont even agree with paying the upgrade fee, but at least there is some type of argument for that.

On a somewhat related note:

Austin Evans (I dont watch many of his videos) got destroyed for pointing out that the new model of PS5 shrunk the heatsink in half.

People trashing him claiming they did it to ship more units (absolutely no evidence that shrinking the heatsink will get them more units, heat sinks are extremely easy to source), hes an xbox shill, etc.

I'm actually quite curious about how it's holding up over time. I know PS5 controllers were having a lot of issues, I dunno if it's still the case. I'm not in a hurry to buy one as I'm fine gaming on an older gen console with a big backlog but would like to wait for likely a slim or new model before jumping on.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
And this is why you don't just bend over and take it

I certainly think gamers can be super entitled too but I'm glad when lads throw a fit and make some positive change.

Edit:

I didn't even read the full article. This is a one time thing. All future cross gen upgrades will be $10 now.

Which at least they have the option tbh but I still believe it should be free unless the next gen version offers significantly different features.

I would assume its due to PS5 games being $10 across the board. Why would anyone ever buy a PS5 game if they can always just better the PS4 one and upgrade?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I would assume its due to PS5 games being $10 across the board. Why would anyone ever buy a PS5 game if they can always just better the PS4 one and upgrade?
You're kind of pre-supposing that the next gen games HAVE to be $70 aren't you? There's been cross gen games before where one version wasn't made any more or less expensive. Ever played the abomination that is Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on PS2?

Anyways this is a conversation gone over like a thousand times on these boards and elsewhere. All that said if you're going to make the argument that the rising cost of game development requires $70 games -- which I don't automatically accept as true -- there's literally no reason why the PS4 version shouldn't also be $70.

Regarding development costs...destruction all Stars was initially announced as a $70 game, then dropped to a $20 game before it had even left PS plus. Did development costs suddenly plummet 80%, I could go on all day about this, but it is what it is. The switch has already been flipped.

Last edited:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
You're kind of pre-supposing that the next gen games HAVE to be $70 aren't you? There's been cross gen games before where one version wasn't made any more or less expensive. Ever played the abomination that is Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on PS2?

Anyways this is a conversation gone over like a thousand times on these boards and elsewhere. All that said if you're going to make the argument that the rising cost of game development requires $70 games -- which I don't automatically accept as true -- there's literally no reason why the PS4 version shouldn't also be $70.

Regarding development costs...destruction all Stars was initially announced as a $70 game, then dropped to a $20 game before it had even left PS plus. Did development costs suddenly plummet 80%, I could go on all day about this, but it is what it is. The switch has already been flipped.

I'm not pre-supposing that next games HAVE to be $70 ($90 here in Canada), I'm just stating that they are. Like you said, its been discussed to death already, but like it or not that's what it appears new games will cost this generation.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Destruction All-Stars is a case of a product showing it can't move at the price point listed and therefore has to be marked down quickly to minimize losses on the product.

I'll say this, I'm content paying $90 CAD if the product like most SIE exclusives such as Horizon:Zero Dawn, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Uncharted 4, Spider-Man, Last of Us part 2, etc live up to the high-standards SIE showed for their internal AAA titles and so far the 3 big PS5 SIE exclusives have been very well received (Returnal, Ratchet, and Demon Souls). I'm not lining up to pay it though for the next Fifa or Madden or a game I'm taking a chance on (I'll wait the 9 months for it to be marked down). The issue they've run into is legacy issues in that they avoided jumping prices mid-gen, and decided to do it at the start of the next gen. At the end of the day vote with your wallet. I will say though, Sony's games tend to avoid massive MTX, which is partially due to being primarily single player focuses cinematic games, but you are getting a complete product. I'll take that over a PS5 AC: Valhalla at an 80 dollar launch price but have a ton of the armour locked behind pre-order bonuses and microtransactions.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Was not expecting Tales of Arise to be one of the higher reviewed games of the year thus far.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Ooh damn is this a ninja garden sequel?

Edit: ah it's just some random chinese nier knockoff

Lot of Chinese souls likes coming out these days. This game looks really good though. A lot more than a budget title.

Korean*

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Oh man they really hired the wrong writers for project athia. This is so cringy

Edit: I forgot it's forspoken now

The combat looks a lot like infamous, which I guess isn't bad tbh

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Wolverine Insomniac exclusive. Seems a long way out though.

Edit: And a combined Peter Parker/Miles Morales game with Venom as the enemy.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Oh man they really hired the wrong writers for project athia. This is so cringy

Edit: I forgot it's forspoken now

The combat looks a lot like infamous, which I guess isn't bad tbh

Gary Whitta and Amy Hennig are listed among the writers for it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
That Vampire Masquerade Battle Royale looked really good. I know people lose interest in Battle Royale games but it reminds me a lot of Nosgoth

Is the uncharted 4 and lost legacy "remaster" free?

They finally made a GT that lives up to the graphics of the PS2 and PS1 games.

God of War was great but for some reason the story of the sequel feels the same "you're not ready boy" rehash of the original. I figured they would do something more with it.

Gary Whitta and Amy Hennig are listed among the writers for it.

Really, well hopefully they've still got it because that trailer was full of a bunch "whoa look at this crazy world whoa I've got powers, what I'm the chosen one?!" nonsense exposition

Wolverine Insomniac exclusive. Seems a long way out though.

Edit: And a combined Peter Parker/Miles Morales game with Venom as the enemy.
Also Kraven the Hunter as the narrator I believe

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
That Vampire Masquerade Battle Royale looked really good. I know people lose interest in Battle Royale games but it reminds me a lot of Nosgoth

Is the uncharted 4 and lost legacy "remaster" free?

They finally made a GT that lives up to the graphics of the PS2 and PS1 games.

God of War was great but for some reason the story of the sequel feels the same "you're not ready boy" rehash of the original. I figured they would do something more with it.

Really, well hopefully they've still got it because that trailer was full of a bunch "whoa look at this crazy world whoa I've got powers, what I'm the chosen one?!" nonsense exposition

Also Kraven the Hunter as the narrator I believe
Yeah, I enjoy Spiderman but am far from a die-hard fan of it between all that was going on, I wasn't able to pick-up it was Kraven the Hunter. I thought that was sort of a weird voiceover for Venom, and re-watching in context of it being Kraven the Hunter it makes way more sense. I also wouldn't be shocked to see Green Goblin or Lizard since they've shown Norman Osbourn and Curt Connors in the last cut scene of Miles Morales. I'm very curious on how they will do Myles/Peter duel play. Will one be in Queens/Brooklyn, and the other in Manhatten and cross over at key points? Will they offer some sort of co-op between the two (I'd say unlikely, but it sure as hell could be Sony's big exclusive entry into that market).

As for GoW: Ragnarok who knows. They may have some sort of major twist planned which they sure as hell wouldn't reveal in a gameplay teaser. Such as something that leads to you playing as Atreus, or Tyr. Or, it could just be more of the same.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I'm interested in KOTOR remake and Alan Wake remastered. Ghostwire Tokyo, Deathloop, Project Eve, and Forspoken look alright. The rest of what they showed I probably won't bother with.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I wasn't really expecting much, but Deathloop seems to be getting some game-of-the-year level reviews.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I wasn't really expecting much, but Deathloop seems to be getting some game-of-the-year level reviews.
Yeah it looks like its a lot of fin from what I've seen. I got a lot on the run right now so I think I'll be waiting for a sale for this one.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
ue6fwxkwebn71.jpg

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I wouldn't get my hopes up for 2 reasons.

1. Geforce Now is a streaming service only at the moment.

2. Having the games in their database isn't necessarily indicative of release. It could just be for data collection on users when they link an account. For example, heres my GoG Galaxy library.

upload_2021-9-13_18-17-53.png

Last I checked, inFamous, SpiderMan, GoW 3, GoW, and Last Guardian didn't have PC versions. Theres even some garbage exclusives in there like JStars Vs that they have boxart profiles for. As I said not necessarily indicative of a PC release. As a bonus heres Bloodborne on PC.

upload_2021-9-13_18-21-17.png

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The odds of Sony putting any of the very recent PS5 exclusives on PC anytime in the near future is quite minimal. Will the consistently port 5 year old hit games (or more recent underperforming games), yes. I'll be shocked if Forbidden West or GT7 are on PC before 2024 at the earliest. The only way that would change is if Sony isn't able to move like 70 million consoles. Sony and Microsoft have very different approaches to generating revenue. Sony is more in-line with Nintendo than Microsoft on that front.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad