Sony PS5 2

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Just got my PS5 on the 9th, I love it for the most part but why doesn't it have a web broswer? How do I get the female robot voice to stop?

Why cant't I turn it off with my cntroller like I can with my PS4?

I do like that there is basically no loading time.

Spiderman Miles was a solid first game

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Just got my PS5 on the 9th, I love it for the most part but why doesn't it have a web broswer? How do I get the female robot voice to stop?

The voice you turned on when you were setting up the console by accident. Youll have to google how to turn it off. I'm pretty sure there is a built in browser, if someone sends you a link you can open it, however I'm guessing there's so many ways of screen mirroring or casting these days don't just thought it was unnecessary to implement a browser.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Honestly, with no bandwidth cap and high-speed internet, I'm not sure swapping back and forth between hard drives would be any faster than straight-up redownloading a game whenever I want to play it.

But definitely good for people who have bandwidth caps.

We need to get to a point where PS5 can run games off USB HDDs. Even if it's a select few, fine, give me the compatibility list.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

You can. You just have to TAP the Playstation button instead of holding it. TAP the PS button, scroll all the way to the right on the pop-up menu at the bottom of the screen.

Yes, it's annoying and a clear step backward in terms of interface, but Sony gonna Sony.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
You can. You just have to TAP the Playstation button instead of holding it. TAP the PS button, scroll all the way to the right on the pop-up menu at the bottom of the screen.

Yes, it's annoying and a clear step backward in terms of interface, but Sony gonna Sony.

The Usability took a huge step back with the PS5. Also, the built in photo and video editing tools are a programming student's failed project.

Reactions: JaegerDice

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
My biggest criticism is the trophy list. You can't see the full trophy list from the quick menu or main menu you have to go to your profile.

Edit: they fixed this in the update.

Tbh the website has been made way worse. I don't know whose mommy or daddy got them the job as Sony's UI guy but someone needs to bite the bullet and fire them.

Last edited:

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
For those still waiting on availability, one thing you might want to look into is your credit card rewards program. I just redeemed points for a PS5 bundle and it states available for deliver, however I'm fully prepared to get an email telling me it's not available....

We'll see!

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

edit: the demo was pretty good. You should be able to just beat it in the 30 minute time limit. I beat it in 27 minutes on my first attempt. Only 2 real enemies. However you can really tell that being on PS4 is holding it back.

Last edited:

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I thought the demo was really good. I restarted it to turn off ray tracing which prevented me from completing it lol, also wasted a lot of time with enemies because I'm not used to aiming with a controller. Had a good time either way. I'm looking forward to the castle part next weekend.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I thought the demo was really good. I restarted it to turn off ray tracing which prevented me from completing it lol, also wasted a lot of time with enemies because I'm not used to aiming with a controller. Had a good time either way. I'm looking forward to the castle part next weekend.
You can replay it I'm pretty sure. It just cuts off after 30 minutes for whatever reason.

Edit: nevermind, quick google says you can't. I could have sworn it let me replay it. Maybe my memory is faulty.

Last edited:

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
Nice, after 3 days, a disc got stuck. Ejected it via manual eject screw like they say on Sony's website, now the drive won't take any discs in while running. It works on a restart though.

Combine this with a sticky L1 button on the controller and an extremely loud disc drive to begin with... great quality control, it seems.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Nice, after 3 days, a disc got stuck. Ejected it via manual eject screw like they say on Sony's website, now the drive won't take any discs in while running. It works on a restart though.

Combine this with a sticky L1 button on the controller and an extremely loud disc drive to begin with... great quality control, it seems.
The manufacturer warranty should cover that though dont quote me. I would just send it in. Better to not have it for a month or two and it to actually work and be able to re-sell it than to just live with the damage.

Also, as one of three people that actually has PS Now. For some reason it wont let me claim the Play at Home versions of HZD Complete Edition cause I have it on PS Now.

I have the base game but without the DLC, I just want the Complete Edition.

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
The manufacturer warranty should cover that though dont quote me. I would just send it in. Better to not have it for a month or two and it to actually work and be able to re-sell it than to just live with the damage.

Also, as one of three people that actually has PS Now. For some reason it wont let me claim the Play at Home versions of HZD Complete Edition cause I have it on PS Now.

I have the base game but without the DLC, I just want the Complete Edition.

Yeah definetly will send it in. Since a workaround is there for me, I'll wait though until I get a little bit bored of it. Right now I don't want to have it away for a few weeks.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Congrats! Whatcha excited to play on it?
I ordered Miles Morales and Valhalla for it. Wanted to wait to grab them on PS5 instead of PS4.

Down the line though there are so many games I'm excited to play, I don't even know where to start. God of War would probably be my most anticipated though.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I ordered Miles Morales and Valhalla for it. Wanted to wait to grab them on PS5 instead of PS4.

Down the line though there are so many games I'm excited to play, I don't even know where to start. God of War would probably be my most anticipated though.

Nice.

Miles Morales is a great game. Took the first Spiderman and tightened up the design. Less downtime, less busy-work. All killer-no-filler, basically.

Valhalla isn't my favorite AC game, but it's solid.

Enjoy it!

Reactions: robertmac43

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So I have been seeing bits and pieces of Returnal, not to ruin anything. As someone who loved Hades, the "story Rogue Like" game is right up my alley.

Reactions: Static

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Oh so turns out this is still alive. Was announced several years ago as a one-man project out of China; dude was basically making a game based on FFXV trailers. Apparently got picked up by Sony.

Reactions: aleshemsky83

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Seems like something I'll play eventually but not for $90 on launch day.
Agreed. I'll be waiting for the price to drop in a year or so. No rush to pick it up, I still have some PS4 games I missed that the PS Plus collection has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad