Sony PS5 2

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
The age of the display shouldn't matter. It's purely a matter of 'does this display have HDR or not?'. A TV without HDR made last week and a TV made without HDR 10 years ago should register the same. If it has HDR, use it, if not, use SDR. But the PS5 method is inaccurate.

How bad it looks may depend on your display. The better/more accurate your black levels, the more obvious the problem will be.

I guess but it may be an issue with your display overall as people with other non-HDR displays don't have this issue. I have not gamed on a Plasma in over 10 years so the issue doesn't surprise me.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I guess but it may be an issue with your display overall as people with other non-HDR displays don't have this issue. I have not gamed on a Plasma in over 10 years so the issue doesn't surprise me.
The tweet originally posted is an LG CX with this issue (the guy has to turn HDR off for his capture card) which is a 2020 OLED. Not sure your theory lines up.

Most likely it's the opposite issue of being old or subpar. It's likely higher end tvs with better calibration exhibit this issue more than cheaper or lower end tvs.

Last edited:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
So basically Sony took a look at how Microsoft is handling their back catalogue of games and decided 'what if we did, like, the complete opposite of that?'

unknown.png

Time to start downloading some classics.

*cracks knuckles*

The majority of them already have a PS4 version in the store.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The majority of them already have a PS4 version in the store.
Not really. Sly Cooper collection, infamous and any ninja Gaiden games off the top of my head aren't on PS4.

However you can stream them on PS Now. Which is something I guess. Actually I beat all the Ninja Gaiden games on PS Now so I'm not totally crapping on it but still.

Like for example, Red Dead Redemption 1 is playable in 4k on Xbox One X and Series consoles. You've got to stream the 540p PS3 version on PS4 and 5

Microsoft is just doing it way better here

Edit: I just remembered that Ninja Gaiden is getting a port. However, the Sigma 2 and razors Edge are the worse versions.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
where did you sell it?

FB marketplace, you'll get a ton of messages if you offer shipping which they will calculate and add for you, however, I only responded to local buyers. I had 100 messages in a few hours when I listed my 1X and sold it for $350.00. I included an extra controller and my old 1tb external I'm not using anymore. My Xbox One Day 1 sold for $150 stock.

Offer up doesn't seem to reach as many people IMO.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Yeah, the semiconductor shortage is pushing people to say 'f*** it, I'll buy a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X to hold me over til the new consoles are actually on shelves'.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Yeah, the semiconductor shortage is pushing people to say 'f*** it, I'll buy a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X to hold me over til the new consoles are actually on shelves'.

People who have been waiting for these new consoles are in for a treat when they get them. The Pro or X doesn't come close to comparing, this is such a leap in technology with 4K and 60fps.

In Canada, the consoles aren't even that hard to get. My buddy went to his local EB Games (Canada's Gamestop) on launch day and put his name on a list for a PS5 drop. A week or so later, he got a call and went in to pick up his console.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Oh wtf apparently the new oddworld is a sequel? I never played the original, I feel like I have to before I play this

I know the general plotline, you take down an evil corporation in the first game, is the first game as plot heavy as this one is?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Oh wtf apparently the new oddworld is a sequel? I never played the original, I feel like I have to before I play this

I know the general plotline, you take down an evil corporation in the first game, is the first game as plot heavy as this one is?

Search for Oddworld New N Tasty on the PSN store. Its an HD remake of the original.

They story and setting is a pretty big deal in all the Oddworld games.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Search for Oddworld New N Tasty on the PSN store. Its an HD remake of the original.

They story and setting is a pretty big deal in all the Oddworld games.
Yeah I'll probably play that first. Though I might not we'll see.

On another note, I went back to Horizon Zero Dawn to play the DLC (I don't need to wait for the 60 fps patch I can play peasant framerates) and apparently they updated the skill tree to increase Quality of life features. While that's good, some of these are taken straight from ghost of tsushima and don't even require skill points in that game.

Edit: oh yeah another-nother note. The adaptive triggers are so bad in Borderlands 3. Turned them off immediately.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Oh man the autosaves are so bad in Horizon. Takes you back like 10 mins.It's hard to go back to these old open world games after playing BotW (which weirdly came out in the same year) and GoT where it's done so right.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

On another note, I went back to Horizon Zero Dawn to play the DLC (I don't need to wait for the 60 fps patch I can play peasant framerates) and apparently they updated the skill tree to increase Quality of life features. While that's good, some of these are taken straight from ghost of tsushima and don't even require skill points in that game.

Edit: oh yeah another-nother note. The adaptive triggers are so bad in Borderlands 3. Turned them off immediately.

I turn off all adaptive triggers. They're horrible.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I turn off all adaptive triggers. They're horrible.
My main problem is that most of the time they literally physically stop you from pressing the button. You have to put so much pressure that it feels like you're gonna break the trigger.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

I believe those additions were just put in with the DLC originally.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It is getting frustrating at this point....waiting on the PS5 to have any kind of readily available supply. When I look over at the Xbox and I can just order a Series X like right now with no hassle. I had been pretty set that I was going with the PS5 over the new Xbox, but the way it has gone, I am leaning towards just buying the console I can actually buy and maybe in 2 years when Sony gets their supply under control I will circle back around....

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, I was actually in the "I'm not going to buy a PS4, I'll just wait for the PS5" boat, but I'm refusing to put in any extra effort to monitor things and I'm just waiting for it to become readily available. The whole thing's just annoying.

Reactions: cjerina

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
It is getting frustrating at this point....waiting on the PS5 to have any kind of readily available supply. When I look over at the Xbox and I can just order a Series X like right now with no hassle. I had been pretty set that I was going with the PS5 over the new Xbox, but the way it has gone, I am leaning towards just buying the console I can actually buy and maybe in 2 years when Sony gets their supply under control I will circle back around....

From where? I know many of my friends cannot find them in the U.S. anywhere but honestly, I don't know why both consoles don't have waiting lists at Best Buy, Walmart.... etc for local pick-ups only, 1 per household. Series S has been easier to find.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
IMO you really are not missing out on much at this point. I got mine from Walmart about a month ago, platinumed Astro's Playroom, put a few hours into Demon's Souls and haven't turned it on since.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
IMO you really are not missing out on much at this point. I got mine from Walmart about a month ago, platinumed Astro's Playroom, put a few hours into Demon's Souls and haven't turned it on since.
Yea seriously, it's kinda a joke there is pretty much nothing out for ps5, it's been over a half year since it was released.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
That normal for game system launches. PS4 went through the same thing.
Maybe in these days, but i remember when I was a kid when the new systems came out (super nintendo, ps2, n64 etc) they all had tons of new games coming out and especially at or around the launch.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
N64 and SNES launch lineups were also pretty slim, outside of obviously both launching with a Mario game. The SNES in particular was bundled with SMW iirc which was pretty nuts. PS1 was also pretty bad.

PS2 is the only one that sticks out as having a lot at launch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad