Sony PS5 2

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I went through the same thing. It was my new 4K switch. And also my (old) audio receiver. Neither allowed 4K signals to pass through. I gave up and left the signal at 1080p. Not worth buying a brand new 4K-compatible audio receiver just for 4K just yet.
ya its the switch. Plugged the PS5 directly into the tv and it worked perfectly. I think it has to do with the PS5 though. People are reporting their monitors are not getting 120hz because the PS5 isn't recognizing the monitors edid. Lots of reports saying an edid emulator fixed everything. Might be worth a look into.

Reactions: Supermassive
Sep 19, 2008
ya its the switch. Plugged the PS5 directly into the tv and it worked perfectly. I think it has to do with the PS5 though. People are reporting their monitors are not getting 120hz because the PS5 isn't recognizing the monitors edid. Lots of reports saying an edid emulator fixed everything. Might be worth a look into.
it's still so hard to find one! where did you order a ps5

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I was wondering what that cleric armor I was seeing all the phantoms in Demons Souls wearing was.

Apparently there is an armor set, 2 weapons, and 1 shield that are 100% digital deluxe pre-order exclusive and can't be obtained in-game. That is super lame. Ive never heard of Sony doing that before. They had pre-order skins for spiderman but those were still obtainable in-game. That is suuuper lame on Sonys part.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
My PS5 completely shut off three times yesterday, all during Zombies matches. Hopefully that’s a problem with Cold War and not the PS5, but the entire system shut off, not just the game. It’s really annoying.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
My PS5 completely shut off three times yesterday, all during Zombies matches. Hopefully that’s a problem with Cold War and not the PS5, but the entire system shut off, not just the game. It’s really annoying.
It may be the game, another person in this thread has the same issue with the game I think, but tbh I would test other games to see if you might need to return it.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Mine would shut off while in rest mode. I would have to press the power button to turn it on again as the controller wouldn't turn it on. I just turn it off every time now. It seems as though leaving the games in a suspended state is causing some problems.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Mine would shut off while in rest mode. I would have to press the power button to turn it on again as the controller wouldn't turn it on. I just turn it off every time now. It seems as though leaving the games in a suspended state is causing some problems.
Even the PS4 does this if you leave it in rest mode too long. That may not be a bug.

Edit: oh the controller won't turn it on? Probably a bug.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Yeah, it seems like there are lots of reports of issues with suspend and resume across a lot of games.

Both consoles seem to have come in really hot, wouldn't be surprised to see a firmware update from Sony in the future addressing the issue.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
EB Games Canada will have consoles available tomorrow morning, online only, 11am EST

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Yeah I heard they were having problems with rest mode so I haven’t used it at all. It only seems to happen in zombies. I had one crash playing Spider-Man, but that was only the game crashing rather than the whole system.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Yeah I heard they were having problems with rest mode so I haven’t used it at all. It only seems to happen in zombies. I had one crash playing Spider-Man, but that was only the game crashing rather than the whole system.
I've had the game crash with MLB but not the whole system as well. Not sure whats triggering it but I'm going to shut down the system completely until Sony comes out with a patch fixing this.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
You know, I'm starting to realize/think these sudden shutdowns are overheats and that Sony was a little overzealous with the "no fan noise" marketing they went with.

They've said that they'll be adjusting fan speed as time goes on, so the situation might resolve itself, but I think it's very likely these sudden shutdowns you guys are experiencing are due to the console overheating. Make sure you keep the thing in an open space and not in a cabinet

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
You know, I'm starting to realize/think these sudden shutdowns are overheats and that Sony was a little overzealous with the "no fan noise" marketing they went with.

They've said that they'll be adjusting fan speed as time goes on, so the situation might resolve itself, but I think it's very likely these sudden shutdowns you guys are experiencing are due to the console overheating. Make sure you keep the thing in an open space and not in a cabinet

Depends what kind of fan there is inside each system. There's apparently 5 different kind.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Has anyone here played Immortals Fenyx Rising yet?
I'm starting to hear that it's a pretty solid game so far.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It's very possible the coil while a lot of people may be hearing is a loose sticker.

I don't recommend doing this repair though, just horrible qc by Sony. I may actually have this problem too. It makes the noise on startup when the fans spin.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Got a nice bonus check from my work last week, which I plan on dropping on a ps5.... I still can't seem to find one anywhere around me. Granted, I haven't exactly been putting my nose to the grind-stone, but I check the big retailers (Walmart, Target, Best-Buy, GameStop) once or twice every morning and a couple times throughout the day, with no luck. Seems like they all have different methods for selling them. My local Walmart said they haven't gotten through unloading their delivery truck yet, so I may get lucky there this afternoon, but man, this is not easy.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Got a nice bonus check from my work last week, which I plan on dropping on a ps5.... I still can't seem to find one anywhere around me. Granted, I haven't exactly been putting my nose to the grind-stone, but I check the big retailers (Walmart, Target, Best-Buy, GameStop) once or twice every morning and a couple times throughout the day, with no luck. Seems like they all have different methods for selling them. My local Walmart said they haven't gotten through unloading their delivery truck yet, so I may get lucky there this afternoon, but man, this is not easy.
Didn't Sony confirm they aren't letting retailers sell them in store that they have to be bought online first?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Got my win yesterday from ANTOnline. Have heard mixed things about them but mainly very positive things regarding the console drops. Most negatives were people pissed because the site crashed during checkout or whatever. Not so much with thc actual service. Crossing my fingers--shipped this afternoon and will be here Monday!

It was a bundle, came in at $840 after checkout. Disc system, extra controller, Spider Man, Demon's Souls, Sackboy, Last of Us Part II PS4 (?). Figure I'll sell Last of Us and Spider Man and use the money to buy Mortal Kombat or something. I'll play Sackboy with my daughter; she's only five so she'll be useless but it will be fine. :laugh:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I've noticed Ape Escape 2 has completely broken textures. Yes I know, a PS2 game. But has anyone found any other BC games not working right?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I've noticed Ape Escape 2 has completely broken textures. Yes I know, a PS2 game. But has anyone found any other BC games not working right?

I think it was on the 'not supported' list but Assassin's Creed Syndicate has completely bugged flickering shadows. Not sure why. It's the same engine as AC: Unity, which runs flawlessly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad