Sony PS5 2

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Good luck getting a PS5 without a preorder. Its going to take months before many will have a chance to get one, even then the supply will not meet the demand.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I got one pretty easily at launch from shoppers

If you know drop times you have a chance

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Someone really spent $400 for basically cardboard in the shape of a ps5?

:lol:

Often times people place fake bids on purpose but have to intention of paying. It's possible that's what happened but then again I haven't actually looked into it. lol

I got one pretty easily at launch from shoppers

If you know drop times you have a chance

Having a chance is all you can ask for. That said, saying you "got one pretty easy" is mostly luck also. We all know ordering online has been a gong show with sites crashing, not being able to check out an item etc.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I guess I was ridiculously lucky. On Thursday November 12th I decided to check out PSN direct a little after 3pm and I just added one and checked out within a few minutes. No queue or anything. It came that Sunday.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
You guys ever get stuck in a update loop? COD runs an update. Then it tells me to update system software. System software is already up to date. Back to COD. You need to update your system software...

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Is there a reason stock is such an issue at launch? Is it as simple as Covid? Or are they intentionally suppressing the supply for whatever reason? I am pretty sure I just walked into a store like a week after PS4 launched and got one zero issue lol

Reactions: x Tame Impala

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I transferred a PS4 physical save of Crash Trilogy and interestingly it works with the digital PS plus game. I had heard that doesn't work on PS4 so it's kind of interesting

Btw, I feel like I'm in the minority of people. I owned a second revision base PS4 and it was extremely quiet even playing God of War or any heavy games. The PS5 can actually get way louder but at it's quietest in my experience it's significantly quieter.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Is there a reason stock is such an issue at launch? Is it as simple as Covid? Or are they intentionally suppressing the supply for whatever reason? I am pretty sure I just walked into a store like a week after PS4 launched and got one zero issue lol

The demand is just too high, MUCH MUCH higher than it was for the PS4. They can't make anywhere near enough of them fast enough. COVID has i'm sure slowed down some production but even without it the same problem would be happening. Plus look at the Switch, even years after it's launch there are times it's near impossible to find one to buy still.

Also factor in because of COVID a lot more people are staying inside so they are going crazy for something new to do.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
The demand is just too high, MUCH MUCH higher than it was for the PS4. They can't make anywhere near enough of them fast enough. COVID has i'm sure slowed down some production but even without it the same problem would be happening. Plus look at the Switch, even years after it's launch there are times it's near impossible to find one to buy still.

Also factor in because of COVID a lot more people are staying inside so they are going crazy for something new to do.

The virus has def changed things. More people are gaming than ever before right now. What's interesting is Sony cranked out way more than the PS4 at launch and it's not even close to enough. It's bonkers how fast they are selling out. Like within a few minutes max. It's ridiculous. Sure bots have a play in it but it's still nuts.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
For those playing Demon Souls, I highly recommend the Temple Knight starting class. His starting armor is insanely good. You can tank damage from some notoriously hard hitting bosses.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It feels like it's pointless to even ask this since nobody has a ps5 but is anybody else experiencing consistent disconnects in demon souls during coop and/or invasions?

Thinking of switching from ethernet to wifi as I've heard being plugged in is buggy for some reasoned

Edit: I don't know why I didn't google before posting this comment. It's the game.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I read an article saying amazon drivers are driving to houses and then saying it was delivered, or people are finding other items in the box. How would playstation or amazon handle that? If they refund a binch of people will make the claim or if they do nothing, it's horrible pr.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I read an article saying amazon drivers are driving to houses and then saying it was delivered, or people are finding other items in the box. How would playstation or amazon handle that? If they refund a binch of people will make the claim or if they do nothing, it's horrible pr.
I mean, that's on Amazon for using private contractors on that massive a scale if it really is a widespread proble, Canada Post/USPS and private shipping companies should be able to easily I.D. the mailmen doing that so I can't see it being an if that's the courier.

Reactions: Khelandros

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I mean, that's on Amazon for using private contractors on that massive a scale if it really is a widespread proble, Canada Post/USPS and private shipping companies should be able to easily I.D. the mailmen doing that so I can't see it being an if that's the courier.

The thing is, is how do you prove it? You'd be crazy not to believe people would be willing to get people fired for a free playstation.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The thing is, is how do you prove it? You'd be crazy not to believe people would be willing to get people fired for a free playstation.
They generally do just take your word for it. They'll probably tighten up and set up safer security measures eventually, but as it is now they're expanding so fast they're asking any Joe blow to drop off packages and theft off people's front porch is pretty common too.

And yeah amazon actually does lose tons of money on false claims like that, in fact a kid in new York I think got charged with 250k in false claims this past year. But it's kind of like the supermarkets with self checkout. They lose a ton of money to people "forgetting" to scan stuff or putting wrong codes in for far more expensive stuff, but they just factor that in. They save far more money not paying for cashiers or having union delivery drivers. I'm pretty sure the post office even charges amazon if you don't take the package and they have to leave it at the nearest post office which is why they just toss it on your doorstep a lot of time.

Last edited:

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
They generally do just take your word for it. They'll probably tighten up and set up safer security measures eventually, but as it is now they're expanding so fast they're asking any Joe blow to drop off packages and theft off people's front porch is pretty common too.

And yeah amazon actually does lose tons of money on false claims like that, in fact a kid in new York I think got charged with 250k in false claims this past year. But it's kind of like the supermarkets with self checkout. They lose a ton of money to people "forgetting" to scan stuff or putting wrong codes in for far more expensive stuff, but they just factor that in. They save far more money not paying for cashiers or having union delivery drivers. I'm pretty sure the post office even charges amazon if you don't take the package and they have to leave it at the nearest post office which is why they just toss it on your doorstep a lot of time.

Yeah, fair enough. I've never bought anything off amazon so I didn't know how it worked. Playstations are a lot of money though so I could see that costing them a lot but I'm sure it's just pennies to them at this point.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
The virus has def changed things. More people are gaming than ever before right now. What's interesting is Sony cranked out way more than the PS4 at launch and it's not even close to enough. It's bonkers how fast they are selling out. Like within a few minutes max. It's ridiculous. Sure bots have a play in it but it's still nuts.
With everything being online only with Covid, it has also impacted this release cycle. When the PS4 came out you could just go to the store and fight with real people to get one. If stores were selling physical copies people would at least have a fighting chance to get one.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
In a complete reversal from last gen, I find myself far preferring the Xbox UI to the Sony UI.

Some of the layout changes just make no sense. Features take like, several more button presses to reach than they did on PS4.

Reactions: Jussi

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
In a complete reversal from last gen, I find myself far preferring the Xbox UI to the Sony UI.

Some of the layout changes just make no sense. Features take like, several more button presses to reach than they did on PS4.

Yeah, I haven't had much chance to play around yet, but I'm not thrilled with it so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad