GDT: Some guy comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Essentially Eberle shut him self down here. Not by want, not by will, but by screwing himself into a deep hole. This is why teams should have on hand sports psychologist that are immediately available. On even a drop in confidential basis. Or even bringing that person into the dressingroom for availability and to regularly introduce the service

I believe the Oilers employ Dr. Kimberley Amirault for this role

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
I wonder if the team will get up for this one the same way they do when Hall comes to town.

It's strange how hard the team plays Hall as if they don't want him to get the better of the oilers, but they dont seem to care with other returnees.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
I remember him being moved off McDavid's line and the top PP unit for doing the exact opposite.

I guess I forgot about his muffin shots..

zalKPam.gif

Reactions: Burnoutboi

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Eberle isnt a sniper. He is a dangler. He doesnt have a quick release or a one timer that is needed to make use of McDavids passes. He would always dust it off and annoy the crap out of me.

Reactions: McBeastMode

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I believe the Oilers employ Dr. Kimberley Amirault for this role

They did years ago and at the time she was also employed by multiple other NHL clubs, had her own professional practice, and was consulting for other firms. Her actual availability one on one was of course limited.

I'm talking about the org hiring a dedicated Psychologist. Not one that they can just name as an external consultant that doesn't even live here and that was probably doing phone or skype type work along with maybe showing up in person a couple times a year.

The key in intervention is to have it there available when people need it or are inclined to it.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
They did years ago and at the time she was also employed by multiple other NHL clubs, had her own professional practice, and was consulting for other firms. Her actual availability one on one was of course limited.

I'm talking about the org hiring a dedicated Psychologist. Not one that they can just name as an external consultant that doesn't even live here and that was probably doing phone or skype type work along with maybe showing up in person a couple times a year.

The key in intervention is to have it there available when people need it or are inclined to it.

McLellan..

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton

This team needs a dedicated psycho-analyst/therapist.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Some things never change.

I was curious, so checked Eberle's game logs on hockey-ref.

7 points against playoff teams in his last 30 games.

4 against non-wildcard teams.
Did you check his two shootout winners, his three game tying goals and his six game winners too?

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
4-2 Oilers.

Hopefully Looch and Kass knock Eberle and Barzal into the tenth row.
And then folks like you will post about how that is ‘evidence’ that the whole Oiler team hates Eberle and he was a cancer in the room who never ‘played the game the right way’ blah blah blah.

Reactions: Aerrol

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Don't bully Eberle like the media did.

Just golf claps, please.

Bully him? Really?

I wouldn't boo him if I was going to the game, but don't blame them for doing it.

Eberle had one chance to play in the playoffs with the players and didn't get it done. Deserved to get traded. Good on him for turning it up in the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad