GDT: Some guy comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
I wasn't a fan of his in his last year here, but yeah Maroon out (27 goals gone), Letestu out (16 goals out), and Eberle out (20 goals out) is a significant chunk of offence that's gone, that 16-17 Oilers team is gone.

Maroon is the one guy I'm really gonna miss from that group. Huge loss for the team. Hopefully we see him back in July:thumbu:

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
Pulju will remain on the third line. Seems odd to me, isn't he a potential candidate to get top 6 minutes next year. Wouldn't this be a good time to experiment with that?

Reactions: PulYou and RattsSSV

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Say whatever you want about Eberle he would still be 3rd on our team in points. Yeah he sucked last year in the playoffs but his production helped us get to the playoffs.

Eberle stat padded in a major way last season, about half of his goals came against bottom 5 teams.

Reactions: Crimson Ghost

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I wasn't a fan of his in his last year here, but yeah Maroon out (27 goals gone), Letestu out (16 goals out), and Eberle out (20 goals out) is a significant chunk of offence that's gone, that 16-17 Oilers team is gone.

Oh, so now those last 3 goals count?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oh, so now those last 3 goals count?

Even if you cut out those 3 goals, which I'm fine with doing... that's 27 + 16 + 17 goals out. That's 60 goals to make up, for a team that doesn't score much outside of one line ... factoring in Lucic is likely on a career decline too (so unlikely he hits 23 again either) ... it's ugly.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Even if we cut out 2 of those 3 (I'll give him credit for one) ... that's 27 + 16 + 18 goals out. That's 61 goals someone needs to make up.

I'm just saying...all summer you argued those goals shouldn't count. That Eberle wasn't a 20 goal scorer because they were scored against Vancouver...

:naughty:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm just saying...all summer you argued those goals shouldn't count. That Eberle wasn't a 20 goal scorer because they were scored against Vancouver...

:naughty:

I'm fine with excluding those 3 goals, just don't want to have a super long post to explain why those 3 goals are removed. It's still 60 goals the Oilers are out, and that's not insignificant.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Pulju will remain on the third line. Seems odd to me, isn't he a potential candidate to get top 6 minutes next year. Wouldn't this be a good time to experiment with that?

Todd, "We need to get Lucic going"..... Not the time to develop young players,..... Not the time to get McDavid another Art Ross trophy..... Not the time to try RNH on the first line, even though they scored after 20 seconds..

In answer to your question, TMac is a stubborn, clueless, excuse for a coach..

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
RNH (25) McDavid (35) Puljujarvi (20)
Lucic (15) Draisaitl (25) Someone (15)
Someone (10) Strome (15) Slepyshev (10)
Caggiula (10) Khaira (10) Kassian (10)
Pakarinen (5) Plug (5)

Klefbom (8) Larsson (5)
Nurse (5) Russell (5)
Sekera (5) Benning (5)
Plug (3)

IMO to be an upper mid pack ish scoring team next year we’re approximately looking at this build. 2nd line RW, 3rd line LW, and someone with more offense on the back end are the major pieces we need.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Ebs will probably get some boos.

It will make me sad, but it's probably going to happen.
Ebs was loved here, Hall never got boos until that troll elbowed Kassian leading to the caveman attacking him.
I remember watching from the stands and wondering what tf happened lol. when we saw the replay on the jumbotron i was like that f***er.. lol go get eem kass!

Reactions: Porkleaker

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Yeah how nice of Strome to come alive when the season's a rotting corpse.

Any reason to throw shade on Eberle I guess when our wingers are mostly junk. Dude has twice as many goals as any winger currently on the team. We've supposedly gotten rid of all the soft, cancerous players on our team and they still suck.
Yeah how nice of Eberle to completely fail for us last year in the playoffs when he was needed most. His one chance to prove his worth and make a case to keep him and he crapped the bed.

Doubt Islanders are making the playoffs either so what's your point about corpse of a season?

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
Ebs was loved here, Hall never got boos until that troll elbowed Kassian leading to the caveman attacking him.
I remember watching from the stands and wondering what tf happened lol. when we saw the replay on the jumbotron i was like that ****er.. lol go get eem kass!
I remember thinking the same thing...kass has lost his mind . but was a justified attack . sure was a strange turn of events

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Even though Ebs phoned it in at times he was still one of the best Oilers players during his time here.

Hope he gets a good applause then is invisible for the rest of the game.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Say whatever you want about Eberle he would still be 3rd on our team in points. Yeah he sucked last year in the playoffs but his production helped us get to the playoffs.
Being 3rd on this team is not a big deal.. Nuge missed 20 games but still got there...

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He has great hands, would never miss the perfect McDavid setups..Unlike some other current unmentioned teammate..
You must have not watched Oilers games last year... Eberle whiffs were very comparable to Lucic.. Lucic mises the net..Eberle couldnt even get one timers off.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
He has great hands, would never miss the perfect McDavid setups..Unlike some other current unmentioned teammate..

Whaaa? I remember him missing golden opportunities all the time, that's why so many people were on his back. Everyone cracking jokes about his "shooting coach" he hired in the off-season

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Yeah how nice of Eberle to completely fail for us last year in the playoffs when he was needed most. His one chance to prove his worth and make a case to keep him and he crapped the bed.

Doubt Islanders are making the playoffs either so what's your point about corpse of a season?

Oilers leading winger in the last 6 years. But carry on

Reactions: harpoon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad