GDT: Some guy comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Since when is making a dude **** himself a crime?

I'm not trying to justifying anything. I never even brought up Lucic, you did. Somehow by calling Eberle a soft one dimensional winger, which I've been doing for the better part of half a decade, triggered you guys into bringing Lucic into this. He might not even play tonight due to illness. I guess when Strome is putting up points you guys gotta go for the low hanging fruit.
Yeah how nice of Strome to come alive when the season's a rotting corpse.

Any reason to throw shade on Eberle I guess when our wingers are mostly junk. Dude has twice as many goals as any winger currently on the team. We've supposedly gotten rid of all the soft, cancerous players on our team and they still suck.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Since when is making a dude **** himself a crime?

It's pretty clear what you were implying would happen, don't "play" dumb.

I'm not trying to justifying anything. I never even brought up Lucic, you did. Somehow by calling Eberle a soft one dimensional winger, which I've been doing for the better part of half a decade, triggered you guys into bringing Lucic into this. He might not even play tonight due to illness. I guess when Strome is putting up points you guys gotta go for the low hanging fruit.

I dare you to call Lucic low hanging fruit to his face.

Reactions: Aerrol

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Ebs will probably get some boos.

It will make me sad, but it's probably going to happen.

He shouldn't, he was one of the classiest players we've had recently. He'll have some family in attendance.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Yeah how nice of Strome to come alive when the season's a rotting corpse.

I’m not sure this is entirely fair to Strome. Our season is a disaster because of special teams and goaltending.

I get being mad at Chiarelli for a poor return on Eberle but why take it out on Strome? It’s not like he had a say in any of it.

Reactions: RattsSSV

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I’m not sure this is entirely fair to Strome. Our season is a disaster because of special teams and goaltending.

I get being mad at Chiarelli for a poor return on Eberle but why take it out on Strome? It’s not like he had a say in any of it.
It's not, of course. I'm just not ready to give him accolades when he had a lengthy scoring drought and finally came around when there's nothing to play for. It's good that he's playing well now because we'll need him to be good next year.

Reactions: OilDrop37

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Man I was defending Eberle for the last 2 years on this site. Pretty much everyone thought he was to soft and lazy with no compete. Pretty much 90% of posters on this board wanted him gone.

He went 13 games with out a goal last playoffs, and that sealed his fate here, while being put in a position to turn it around.

I know every one wants to blame Chia for the return, but that was Eberles fault.

Eberle always had a huge soft spot in my heart, loved the guy, thought he was our best player in the dark years.

Everyone wanted him on the second line for years so they could get their boy Yak on the first line.

Ugh fans on this site makes no sense at all.

Reactions: LucicDestroyedHaley

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Hey it's a game day and you know what means! Another painful reminder of a season that's been over for months! And what's this? A former player comes back? Wow, what's the over/under on how many points he scores tonight?In all seriousness having the Islanders and Flames win the draft lottery would be the peak of comedy.

Would it be possible for both teams to forfeit, sparing both long-suffering fan bases further torture and enhancing both teams' Tank efforts?

Here's my game prediction, with the NYI 7 game tank movement in full tsunami: Isles go up 2-0 after first period, are up 4-2 late in the 3rd, EDM /CM scores 2 late goals to tie, Draisatl scores game winner 1 minute into OT. That would be keeping in both teams' proper forms over the past few months. Yes, EDM isn't great, but take away the first month of the season, and the NYI are the league's worst team. So we have a higher claim towards total suckage than EDM does, believe it or not.

The NYI have 8 regulation wins in the last 42 games.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Could you imagine if because of that the Islanders draft 1 and 2

You are totally, completely, insane. It is physically impossible for the NYI to EVER have such good fortune. It is more likely for Bettman to approve John Spano purchasing the team again than that scenario.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Would it be possible for both teams to forfeit, sparing both long-suffering fan bases further torture and enhancing both teams' Tank efforts?

Here's my game prediction, with the NYI 7 game tank movement in full tsunami: Isles go up 2-0 after first period, are up 4-2 late in the 3rd, EDM /CM scores 2 late goals to tie, Draisatl scores game winner 1 minute into OT. That would be keeping in both teams' proper forms over the past few months. Yes, EDM isn't great, but take away the first month of the season, and the NYI are the league's worst team. So we have a higher claim towards total suckage than EDM does, believe it or not.

The NYI have 8 regulation wins in the last 42 games.

Yikes. That probably plays badly in your hopes to keep Tavares. I hope I'm wrong though.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
lol, well Barzal put a hit on Boeser and McAvoy....maybe we should end his season too.

A NYI checked someone? Fake news. We all know Barzal attends the Brock Nelson-owned Princess of Persia Hockey Academy, and is allergic to physical contact.

In fact, the NYI have formally requested all of their future games be played during all-star weekend, preferably held at Camp David in Virginia, so that checking and physical contact were kept to a minimum.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Yikes. That probably plays badly in your hopes to keep Tavares. I hope I'm wrong though.

LOL, Tavares mentally left the NYI in December, his body will be leaving them in July. He probably has one of those naked-girl calendars on his wall you see in car repair shops with all of the days being x'd off as July 1st approaches.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
You are totally, completely, insane. It is physically impossible for the NYI to EVER have such good fortune. It is more likely for Bettman to approve John Spano purchasing the team again than that scenario.

Not necessarily true. You guys have had several opportunities to draft number one overall and more top 3. Unfortunately, like we've experienced the last however long now, your management never seems to be able to put it together (unless it is to rob the Oilers in a trade, which is likely payback for the few steals we made at your hands in the 90s).

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Actually looking forward to watching this one. Hope to see lots of goals on both sides, especially McDavid points.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Not necessarily true. You guys have had several opportunities to draft number one overall and more top 3. Unfortunately, like we've experienced the last however long now, your management never seems to be able to put it together (unless it is to rob the Oilers in a trade, which is likely payback for the few steals we made at your hands in the 90s).

You want me to list the top 5 picks Garf has screwed up? Every top 5 pick he's had other than JT has been a bust; Griffin Reinhardt, Neiderreiter, Ryan Strome, Michael dal colle...Garf should send EDM his first born for saving his undeserving, fat A-- and taking 2 of them off the NYI's hands.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
You want me to list the top 5 picks Garf has screwed up? Every top 5 pick he's had other than JT has been a bust; Griffin Reinhardt, Neiderreiter, Ryan Strome, Michael dal colle...Garf should send EDM his first born for saving his undeserving, fat A-- and taking 2 of them off the NYI's hands.

My point exactly. The Islanders have had many opportunities over the last 20 years to get good picks with 1st overalls or top 5s, just usually pick the wrong guys, or trade them (with a Chara kicker) for Yashin. So I wouldn't be surprised to see you win the lottery, but watch the pick fail.

I sympathize with Islander fans probably more than any other as you've already had your version of the decade of darkness with Mad Mike, then Tavares seemed to have created the hope to save you only to watch management piss away the opportunity. In many ways, I fear this is where us Oiler fans will be once Chia (or his replacement) piss away the years of a locked up McDavid. Maybe it's the price for us each being the last true dynasties of the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad