Post-Game Talk: Solely Responsible

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I've literally said numerous freaking times. He has played better than I have expected and eat a bit of crow but because my big concern was consistency, I'm keeping my mouth shut till the 20 game mark.

Lol I just do it for fun

optimism

Jun 28, 2015
Edmonton
The Oilers priced their tickets on the expensive side. They're probably maximizing profits rather than attendance.

The lower bowl seats are definitely all sold out, they're mostly all gone in season tickets, and those are the ones I noticed watching the game. Don't even want to see what the upper bowl looks like.

I don't disagree with your assessment of management's intentions, but this one is on the fans that were in those seats to start the game. :confused:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Did anyone else notice the amount of empty seats at the end of the game? I understand the team has been crap the last decade but this is a new squad who's 2 points out of first in this division with a game in hand on the top team almost 50 games into the season.
The building is far too quiet.

That being said, great game for the boys and onto Arizona. I'll be at that one and you can bet I'll be staying until the bitter end, especially if they're winning the game, to show support. Couple of huge divisional games coming up, let's keep this train rolling fellas!

:thumbu:
I mean it's disgustingly cold, the roads around the rink are terrible right now and the traffic is often a mad house. People probably just wanted to get home before midnight

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Did anyone else notice the amount of empty seats at the end of the game? I understand the team has been crap the last decade but this is a new squad who's 2 points out of first in this division with a game in hand on the top team almost 50 games into the season.

That being said, great game for the boys and onto Arizona. I'll be at that one and you can bet I'll be staying until the bitter end, especially if they're winning the game, to show support. Couple of huge divisional games coming up, let's keep this train rolling fellas!

Man its -40 with no windshield outside. I'd be staying home too

optimism

Jun 28, 2015
Edmonton
I mean it's disgustingly cold, the roads around the rink are terrible right now and the traffic is often a mad house. People probably just wanted to get home before midnight

Fair point. Just hope to see that not be a trend going forward, that's all :)

Guess we'll see how the fans respond as the season progresses and the roads get better?

:):laugh:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Couple thousand fans never even made it to the rink. Human ice statues litter the landscape between the parking lots and the rink. ;). But seriously, props to those who braved the weather and made it out. Game would have been cancelled in many other cities with weather like this.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017

I think it might have had something to do with Edmonton being the coldest place on earth today more than anything lol

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
For the seats thing: I don't blame people. I strongly considered going as there was plenty of cheap tickets available but I'm like f*** that it's -40 dude.

Also I swore off going to games for a bit since they always lose when I go. RIP

Reactions: Biltmore

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
There is no reason to have guys like Gagner/Russel in the lineup when a guy like Benson could do so much more with Mcdavid and/or on the 3rd line with Haas. Can we please give Haas linemates who can actually create offense instead of the teams rejects who should be down in the AHL or up in the stands. Also thought Jones had a very good game unlike some guys on the blueline he was getting his shot through causing ruckus infront of the net with smart low slappers instead of you know missing the net 3 feet wide/high or lobbing 4 feet high wristers into traffic that have no weight behind it.

Reactions: pratt and optimism

optimism

Jun 28, 2015
Edmonton
Haha yeah probably wanted to get home quick, which is understandable given the circumstances. But most of them were filled if you watch the highlights :) that's more what I was referring to. I'd be staying at any game but I guess a lot of people don't have the same passion when the weather is this crappy.

All good, I'm sure they'll be into it come playoff time.

;)

optimism

Jun 28, 2015
Edmonton
There is no reason to have guys like Gagner/Russel in the lineup when a guy like Benson could do so much more with Mcdavid and/or on the 3rd line with Haas. Can we please give Haas linemates who can actually create offense instead of the teams rejects who should be down in the AHL or up in the stands. Also thought Jones had a very good game unlike some guys on the blueline he was getting his shot through causing ruckus infront of the net with smart low slappers instead of you know missing the net 3 feet wide/high or lobbing 4 feet high wristers into traffic that have no weight behind it.

I would love to see a Benson call up.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Haha yeah probably wanted to get home quick, which is understandable given the circumstances. But most of them were filled if you watch the highlights :) that's more what I was referring to. I'd be staying at any game but I guess a lot of people don't have the same passion when the weather is this crappy.

All good, I'm sure they'll be into it come playoff time.

;)
Lets hope its just as cold out when Hallsie shows up Saturday...make him appreciate the Desert lifestyle...

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Great win tonight. Love the second line.

On a side note, can one of Kassian or Archibald play LW? I wouldn't mind bumping Neal down to the third line to give Haas some scoring support.

Archibald-McDavid-Kassian
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Chiasson/Nygard-Haas-Neal
Nygard/Chiasson-Sheahan-Russell

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Loving shooter Nuge on the wing. About damn time. McLellan never tried Drai with Nuge on the wing. Not once in 3+ years. Only like 4 games of Drai on Nuge's wing, which gets the same stinky results because Nuge's brain is overwhelmed by C defensive responsibilities.

Actually it was TMac who put Nuge on wing and TOLD him to think more offensively....even saying " don't negate your d duties, but play more offensively"

Reactions: replacement

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad