Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I found my penis.

D8C8790D-CCDB-439A-93E6-AC425C40B249.gif

Reactions: McHilman

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Loving shooter Nuge on the wing. About damn time. McLellan never tried Drai with Nuge on the wing. Not once in 3+ years. Only like 4 games of Drai on Nuge's wing, which gets the same stinky results because Nuge's brain is overwhelmed by C defensive responsibilities.
Drai on Nuges won't probably baffled Nuge "my winger is better on faceoffs and is better down low with his size, why am I not on the wing?"

Reactions: oobga

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think Benson will get a chance first
With how Yamamoto has played and how I still firmly stand behind my opinion that Benson is a better player and has kicked his game up a notch after Yamamoto has been called up, I sure hope so.

I think calling up Benson and trading for a legit 3c like Pageau or someone can massively change the forward makeup for the better.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So great win against NASHVILLE tonight. Can we stop talking about Shelbyville who just don't matter. lets not be fixated like certain other fans of a certain other team.

2nd line was pretty good. Nothing bad happening when they were on the ice and big PP contribution.

The broadcasts are just so laughably bad. All of a sudden the clock goes from 1:43 left to 1:23, they mention that, but then totally forget about it and don't explain what occurred. Apparently the clock had frozen earlier but I'm not picking that up either rewinding it. From the broadcast all you would know is 20secs disappeared from the clock.

This level of inattention to such detail would have been considered shoddy when ITV was doing the broadcasts circa 1980. To have this entirely unprofessional lack of awareness of whats going on in 2020 is incredible. Do they not have any spotter, anybody in the booth that knows what the f*** is going on?

Imagine the controversy if the Oilers had been down a goal, with the PP, and suddenly the clock made 20 secs disappear, all unexplained on the broadcast.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The Oilers are 5-1-1 in their last seven games. Let that sink in for a moment. Man, this train sure has a lot of bumps on the tracks, but it's always a wild ride.

This rollercoaster ride makes me sick sometimes but I love it and not getting off till the seasons over.

optimism

Jun 28, 2015
Edmonton
Did anyone else notice the amount of empty seats at the end of the game? I understand the team has been crap the last decade but this is a new squad who's 2 points out of first in this division with a game in hand on the top team almost 50 games into the season.
The building is far too quiet.

That being said, great game for the boys and onto Arizona. I'll be at that one and you can bet I'll be staying until the bitter end, especially if they're winning the game, to show support. Couple of huge divisional games coming up, let's keep this train rolling fellas!

:thumbu:

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
With how Yamamoto has played and how I still firmly stand behind my opinion that Benson is a better player and has kicked his game up a notch after Yamamoto has been called up, I sure hope so.

I think calling up Benson and trading for a legit 3c like Pageau or someone can massively change the forward makeup for the better.
Is this the place for this.....anyways Benson does deserve a 5 or 6 game cup of coffee...but it will be his first taste.
He has been learning responsibility this year and though he started a bit slow is coming on now. He has continued to learn when he has been healthy but never at a steep curve. Maybe he will get more than one cup of coffee this year. and work hard in the summer and make it out of camp for next year.
Just dont be too disappointed if he doesnt have the impact that Yamo has had.
We should probably give him a couple of games on the bottom line and a couple or more on the third line and then judge from there. Maybe a couple beside David just to see....

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Is this the place for this.....anyways Benson does deserve a 5 or 6 game cup of coffee...but it will be his first taste.
He has been learning responsibility this year and though he started a bit slow is coming on now. He has continued to learn when he has been healthy but never at a steep curve. Maybe he will get more than one cup of coffee this year. and work hard in the summer and make it out of camp for next year.
Just dont be too disappointed if he doesnt have the impact that Yamo has had.
We should probably give him a couple of games on the bottom line and a couple or more on the third line and then judge from there. Maybe a couple beside David just to see....
He is a young player who is on a complete tear right now, with the kind of players that see top 6 minutes I'd argue you put him in the top 6 and then move him down if it doesn't work. Especially a guy like Benson who is a smart guy who is mostly a playmaker. Put him with skill or guys who can finish and he will really shine

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Did anyone else notice the amount of empty seats at the end of the game? I understand the team has been crap the last decade but this is a new squad who's 2 points out of first in this division with a game in hand on the top team almost 50 games into the season.
The building is far too quiet.

That being said, great game for the boys and onto Arizona. I'll be at that one and you can bet I'll be staying until the bitter end, especially if they're winning the game, to show support. Couple of huge divisional games coming up, let's keep this train rolling fellas!

:thumbu:
The Oilers priced their tickets on the expensive side. They're probably maximizing profits rather than attendance.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
He is a young player who is on a complete tear right now, with the kind of players that see top 6 minutes I'd argue you put him in the top 6 and then move him down if it doesn't work. Especially a guy like Benson who is a smart guy who is mostly a playmaker. Put him with skill or guys who can finish and he will really shine
And i think he can shine on the third line....and i think your idea of Pageau(with second line numbers) is a fantasy.
Tierney is the guy you can trade for and resign if you offer what Ottawa wants.

Benson Tierney Neal

Yes eventually Benson would be the best playmaker on that line.....but he is not ready yet.....I think he will be in the next calendar year though.

Moreover our top two lines dont need what Benson brings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad