Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That’s an interesting one. Cajuste was previously told he was ineligible for the USA, but now US Soccer re-examined the rule and thinks he’s eligible. I don’t think he’d start right away because Adams and McKennie are ahead of him as central midfielders, but he’d be a big addition. We don’t have many players starting for a Champions League team.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
16y older (2004) winger Savio starting for Brasileirao's leaders Atletico Mineiro under Sampaoli. One of the best in the world at his age group

edit played really well

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That’s an interesting one. Cajuste was previously told he was ineligible for the USA, but now US Soccer re-examined the rule and thinks he’s eligible. I don’t think he’d start right away because Adams and McKennie are ahead of him as central midfielders, but he’d be a big addition. We don’t have many players starting for a Champions League team.
Cajuste would be the player that can get Bradley out of the XI, maybe for good. Have t seen much of him, but he is in the same Champions League group as Liverpool, Ajax and Atalanta so it’ll be an interesting test for sure.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cajuste would be the player that can get Bradley out of the XI, maybe for good. Have t seen much of him, but he is in the same Champions League group as Liverpool, Ajax and Atalanta so it’ll be an interesting test for sure.

Berhalter’s been saying that Adams is going to play as a #6. I’ll take his word for it. And now with Reyna, it makes even more sense.

I think the midfield/attack is pretty set right now. The midfield is Adams, McKennie, Reyna. Attack is Pulisic, Morris, and either another striker or winger. Morris versatility gives us that option.

But Cajuste would be a good addition. We don’t have a good back up in that position. I’m thinking Yueill was going to take over for Bradley/Trapp, but he’s not good either, so we could use a guy like Cajuste.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
There's only one US player. Apparently Croatia deserves three players against the best US age group in years.

Leyva's been injured all year. Can't fault him for that, but he also was bad the last extended run of games he got, at the U17 WC. I think there would be a few others ahead of him before he'd make this list.

Yes, they do another age group every year. Last year was 2002 born, and next year will be 2004 born.

What kind of argument is that? Who cares if this is the best US age group in years. Do you even have the slightest idea about the kids listed there? FTR Dinamo's youth team constantly features in the best youth tournaments in Europe including the CL and always does incredibly well. Hajduk isn't too shabby either given they gave Dinamo all they could handle and even should've been the Croatian representative in the CL next season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
What kind of argument is that? Who cares if this is the best US age group in years. Do you even have the slightest idea about the kids listed there? FTR Dinamo's youth team constantly features in the best youth tournaments in Europe including the CL and always does incredibly well. Hajduk isn't too shabby either given they gave Dinamo all they could handle and even should've been the Croatian representative in the CL next season.

Then use another country. It doesn’t make much difference. You are making a lot over nothing.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Speaking of that American generation of players, Caden Clark scored this world class strike with his weak foot in his second MLS game last night. He also scored a nice goal in his first game over the weekend. He already has a transfer lined up with one of the best teams in one of the top leagues, but he has to wait some time to join this team due to his age.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Speaking of that American generation of players, Caden Clark scored this world class strike with his weak foot in his second MLS game last night. He also scored a nice goal in his first game over the weekend. He already has a transfer lined up with one of the best teams in one of the top leagues, but he has to wait some time to join this team due to his age.

Wonder strike that came from absolutely no where. NYRB had nothing going, then Clark turned the gam around for them single handedly.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Leipzig ?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gio Reyna has 2G, 5A this season so far. He gets a lot less hype than other top 2002 born players like Camavinga and Fati, but he might be the best of them.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
Yigal Bruk has joined Schalke U19 from my local community club in West Vancouver. I coached him at U12-U13 levels. So I take full credit lol. Just turned 18 and turned down interest from England, Italy, and Spain.

Very Humble kid, who actually wasn't great at youth levels, as he was way to good for his teammates. When your very unselfish and your teammates suck its painful to watch. Glad he made to through! He would of signed for the Whitecaps but they froze him out for some dumb reasons.

Reactions: YNWA14

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gio Reyna has 2G, 5A this season so far. He gets a lot less hype than other top 2002 born players like Camavinga and Fati, but he might be the best of them.

Fati doesn’t play a completely different position, but anyway, I agree it’s hard to make accurate comparisons when players play different positions.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I would say look at Reyna's performances and not just his stats. I haven't apart from some highlights, but I will say at least one of his assists was more on Haaland's run and finish than on the pass that gave Reyna the assist. I'm very curious to see how many of his assists got to Haaland and how that compares to other duos in the Bundesliga and beyond.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would say look at Reyna's performances and not just his stats. I haven't apart from some highlights, but I will say at least one of his assists was more on Haaland's run and finish than on the pass that gave Reyna the assist. I'm very curious to see how many of his assists got to Haaland and how that compares to other duos in the Bundesliga and beyond.

He's also been at least our second best player. Maybe the best, but I'd lean towards Haaland for now because of the lack of any viable alternative until November 20. Reyna is really good. I don't know why anyone would think his numbers are a fluke. If anything, his numbers don't tell the full story. Dortmund plays a 3-4-1-2 type of formation where Reyna plays somewhere between the midfield and forward line, so he might be more of a midfielder than forward in the current construction of the team.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He's also been at least our second best player. Maybe the best, but I'd lean towards Haaland for now because of the lack of any viable alternative until November 20. Reyna is really good. I don't know why anyone would think his numbers are a fluke. If anything, his numbers don't tell the full story. Dortmund plays a 3-4-1-2 type of formation where Reyna plays somewhere between the midfield and forward line, so he might be more of a midfielder than forward in the current construction of the team.

Not sure if you're referring to more or not, but I'm most definitely not calling his numbers a fluke. Simply offering some additional context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad