Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Did you watch the game? He scored a brace yesterday.

I did. I've watched him twice against SPFC and one time against Binacional. He almost scored on a long shot and gave all kinds of problems to SP's backline. Kid is dynamic and has great technique. He looks like a hybrid between Dybala and Aguero (doesn't mean he'll be as good as either, just the style)

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I did. I've watched him twice against SPFC and one time against Binacional. He almost scored on a long shot and gave all kinds of problems to SP's backline. Kid is dynamic and has great technique. He looks like a hybrid between Dybala and Aguero (doesn't mean he'll be as good as either, just the style)
He appears to be an interesting prospect... I thought he was more of a winger? HIs teammate appears off to Europe for peanuts, what do you think about that? I'm shocked more players didn't make the move over to europe. No footy for months could have the players itching for a move and European teams strapped for cash would do well going for discounted players in SA. Honestly teams are so dumb sometimes.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
He appears to be an interesting prospect... I thought he was more of a winger? HIs teammate appears off to Europe for peanuts, what do you think about that? I'm shocked more players didn't make the move over to europe. No footy for months could have the players itching for a move and European teams strapped for cash would do well going for discounted players in SA. Honestly teams are so dumb sometimes.

They usually play with two CF (Borre and Alvarez or Suarez) kinda like Simeone at Atleti. He's got the pace to be a winger, but with his finishing skill you need him as close to the goal as possible. Yeah I don't really know how River manages to keep Gallardo, Nicolas De La Cruz, Borre for this long, especially with this financial crisis. In Alvarez's case, he might wanna get more exp under Gallardo before moving.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They usually play with two CF (Borre and Alvarez or Suarez) kinda like Simeone at Atleti. He's got the pace to be a winger, but with his finishing skill you need him as close to the goal as possible. Yeah I don't really know how River manages to keep Gallardo, Nicolas De La Cruz, Borre for this long, especially with this financial crisis. In Alvarez's case, he might wanna get more exp under Gallardo before moving.
Gallardo being there doesn’t make sense he’s done all he can with River. Sure another kick at the can for Copa Lib might be on the cards but what is next? He should go soon imo.

Reactions: John Pedro

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
@John Pedro, can I ask what you think of Johnny Cardoso?

I've only watched two or three games from him in Brasileirao, I liked what I saw from him, though. He's pretty good on the ball, got nice dribbling skills, good composure and passing, nice size. As an attacking midfield, he may not be as good as he's can be as a CM or deep playmaking. Inter have a ton of midfielders so he getting his minutes says a lot about what Coudet thinks of him

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I just found in my CPU my previous prospect lists from years back.

With my good bets and my awful bets.

Here is the 2008 :

1/ Benzema
2/ Lloris
3/ Ben Arfa
4/ Pjanic
5/ Nasri

Notables down the list : Sakho (10th), Hazard (13th), Matuidi (14), Bakar (17, that's for @gary69 ), Gervinho 19, Sissoko (22), Cabaye (24), Payet (33), Gameiro (34), Andre Ayew (45), Modeste (50).

Reactions: gary69

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
2009 :
1/ Hazard
2/ Sakho
3/ Ben Arfa
4/ Pjanic
5/ Matuidi

Notables : Gameiro (7), Remy (9), Gervinho (10), Ospina (15), Sissoko (18), Boudebouz (20), Capoue (21), Payet (33), Bakar (44), A. Ayew (50)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
2010 :
1/ Hazard
2/ Sakho
3/ M'Vila
4/ Sissoko
5/ Pjanic

Notables : Capoue (6), Boudebouz (14), Ospina (22), A. Ayew (23), Lovren (32), Modeste (37), Bakar (41), Lacazette (43), J. Ayew (47), Aubameyang (48), Aurier (49)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
2011 :
1/ Hazard
2/ Sakho
3/ M'Via
4/ Pastore
5/ A. Ayew

Notables : Lovren (8), Brahimi (9), Pjanic (10), Mbaye Niang (12), J. Ayew (13), Boudebouz (14), Aurier (15), Boly (21), Azpilicueta (22), Lacazette (24), Cabella (35), Kebano (37), Bakambu (40), Nampalys Mendy (46), Malcuit (50)

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
@Evilo, what’s wrong with Cherki? He’s been struggling.
Huh?
I wouldn't say he's struggling. He's doing well but the whole team sucks.
Garcia needs to go ASAP.
And of course, with Depay, Dembele and Aouar staying, plus the addition of Paqueta, it's going to be even harder to get playing time even though Cherki is already very startable.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Huh?
I wouldn't say he's struggling. He's doing well but the whole team sucks.
Garcia needs to go ASAP.
And of course, with Depay, Dembele and Aouar staying, plus the addition of Paqueta, it's going to be even harder to get playing time even though Cherki is already very startable.

Fair enough. I was expecting more of the Mbappe second season from Cherki because of how much he's talked up. This isn't exactly that, but maybe my expectations were too high.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not the same role. Cherki is a passer, not a finisher. When the players in front of you are lazy/not concerned/not good enough, you won't get many assists.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Have heard of Karbownik before, didn't know he'd gone to Brighton. They've done some good work of late.
The scouting team has definitely identified some low cost/high ceiling player as of late. The youth system has also done well in nurturing the new young talent.

Hopefully the strategy is enough to make Brighton a Premier League regular!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Missing Daniel Leyva.

There's only one US player. Apparently Croatia deserves three players against the best US age group in years.

Leyva's been injured all year. Can't fault him for that, but he also was bad the last extended run of games he got, at the U17 WC. I think there would be a few others ahead of him before he'd make this list.

Is just based off of players born in 2003?

Yes, they do another age group every year. Last year was 2002 born, and next year will be 2004 born.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yearly Guardian list of the next generation of footballers. This year covers players born in 2003. How does the list look like for your country? @Evilo @Duchene2MacKinnon @YNWA14 @Ajacied @John Pedro @Savi, and anyone else I didn't name.

Next Generation 2020: 60 of the best young talents in world football
I think Unuvar has always been hailed as the best talent from his generation (Dutch), but I'm not as high on Simons as some. I would probably have Shilo't Zand over him. A couple others on the fringe of that maybe like Mohamed Sankoh, Noah Ohio, Kian Fitz-Jim or Fedde de Jong. Youri Regeer had a pretty big breakout in the YCL but I'm not as high on him.

2004 will be interesting. It will almost definitely have Amourricho van Axel Dongen and Olivier Aertssen, but that generation also features the famous Delano van der Heijden of the Ajax Academy article fame (he plays for Feyenoord though).

Surprised that Anthony Descotte didn't make the Belgian list but I guess you can only have so many players in total.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Yearly Guardian list of the next generation of footballers. This year covers players born in 2003. How does the list look like for your country? @Evilo @Duchene2MacKinnon @YNWA14 @Ajacied @John Pedro @Savi, and anyone else I didn't name.

Next Generation 2020: 60 of the best young talents in world football

This list tends to be "inclusive" in that it tries to get a broad swath from multiple countries and not necessarily the best players based on ability.

Of this year's list I drafted the following players in the keeper league I'm in:
  • Dario Sarmiento
  • Luca Netz
  • Florian Wirtz
  • Iliax Moriba
  • Naci Unuvar
  • Ronaldo Camara
It can be tough to rate them to some degree based on where they're playing. Sarmiento for example has looked good in the Argentine first division, but the clips of Netz I've seen have been against players more his age where he stood out amongst them.

Having a look at the links from other seasons I noticed that I have six players from last year's list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille