Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Some stand out kids in Brazil/SP

Brenner - 20y old striker - u17 phenom that broke Gabriel Jesus goalscoring record and finally putting it all together. 11 goals in 21 games only 8 as a starter. 7 goals in the last 6 games. More than just a poacher but right now he's scoring at will thanks to his positioning in the box

With 2 goals last night against Flamengo, Brenner up to 17 goals in 26 games (14 as starter). Copa do Brasil leading scorer with 6 goals in 3 games

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Since we were talking about german kids, here's a slightly out of date list of kids that I've either seen enough to rate confidently or whom I've seen enough to be intrigued by & want to see more of.

Order is loosely based on a combination of potential & readiness, as this started off as a list of kids who might alleviate our NT's lack of depth in the near future, but don't take the specific order too seriously. The tiers are more useful; though even there some kids who are low on these lists are only low because I haven't seen enough of them, I want to wait to see how their transition goes, or I am more concerned with their environment than their talent.

Kids with *'s on both sides of their names are kids who I have big concerns with because they are stagnating or losing a lot of dev-time to injuries, but who are still young enough to capitalize on their high potential if they can get things going in the right direction.
- Mbom being a prime example this, as he has finally been healthy enough to break into Werder's senior team & is still young enough to become that Alaba-lite that he once looked like he could become.
- Kuhn being another example who's done his stock wonders since joining Bayern II in the third division after having seemed to stagnate since Leipzig couldn't integrate him into their senior side.

Forwards
Youssoufa Moukoko (’04)
————————
Karim Adeyemi (’02)
————————
Malik Tillman (’02)
Maximilian Beier (’02)
*Fiete Arp* (’00)
*Jabez Makanda* (’01)
————————
David Hummel (’02)
Jonathan Burkhardt (’00)
Lukas Nmecha (’98)
Emrehan Gedikli (’03)
Nick Woltemade (’02)
Sebastian Müller (’01)
David Otto (’99)
Jessic Ngankam (’00)
Florian Krüger (’99)

Attackers
Oliver Batista Meier (’01)
Leon Dajaku (’01)
Florian Wirtz (’03)
Lazar Samardzic (’02)
Mika Schroers (’02)
Luca Barata (’03)
Nicolas Kühn (’00)
Jan Thielmann (’02)
Fabrice Hartmann (’01)
Lilian Egloff (’02)
Roberto Massimo (’00)
Mehmet Can Aydin (’02)
Erkan Eyibil (’01)
Paul Nebel (’02)
————————
Ismail Jakobs (’99)
Armindo Sieb (’03)
Turan Calhanoglu (’03)
Jamie Leweling (’01)
John Yeboah (’00)

Didn't really know where to separate the tiers with these kids as even the likes of Massimo & Eyibil have the talent to become NT starters if they develop well. So I just couldn't separate one prospect from the next to create a top tier in this group.

Midfielders
Arne Maier (’99)
Dennis Geiger (’98)
Angelo Stiller (’01)
Rocco Reitz (’02)
Marveille Papela (’01)
Can Bozdogan (’01)
Torben Rhein (’03)
*Elias Abouchabaka* (’00)
*Jean Manuel Mbom* (’00)
————————
Tobias Raschl (’00)
Adrian Fein (’99)
Niklas Dorsch (’98)

There will be AM prospects who end up joining this group as Bozdogan & Abouchabaka have. Aydin being one that I feel is very likely to end up at the 6 or 8 (if not FB); while both Wirtz & Samardzic remind me a lot of a young Brandt...who nowadays is at his most dynamic in a midfield 3 as an 8/10 hybrid.

CB
Lars Lukas Mai (’00)
Antonis Aidonis* (’01)
Jordan Torunarigha (’97)
Arbnor Aliu (’03)
Nico Schlotterbeck (’00)
Jordi Bongard (’01)
Marton Dardai (’02)
Bright Arrey-Mbi (’03)
Armel Bella-Kotchap (’01)
Malik Talabidi (’01)

*Aidonis is likely to end up shifted around like Kehrer, a similarly sized highend CB prospect who’s skill & athleticism looked to translate well into a highend-utility role as a FB in a back 4 / outside CB in a back 3 / deep midfielder. And I worry about Aliu facing similar issues if he doesn't have another significant growth spurt in him.

FB/WB
Ridle Baku (’98)
Luca Netz (’03)
Kilian Ludewig (’00)
Kaan Kurt (’01)
*Jean Manuel Mbom* (’00)
Mehmet Can Aydin (’02)
Can Bozdogan (’01)
Kerim Calhanoglu (’02)
*Luca Itter* (’99)
Lennart Czyborra (’99)
Noah Katterbach (’01)
Ismail Jakobs (’99)
Jamie Leweling (’01)
Malik Talabidi (’01)
Ryan Adigo (’01)

I don't know how to assess goalie prospects but these are the guys who are already developing at the senior level and/or highly rated by others:
GK
Christian Früchtl (’00)
Alexander Nübel (’96)
Markus Schubert (’98)
Luca Plogmann (’00)
Luca Unbehaun (’01)
Florian Müller (’97)
Florian Kastenmeier (’97)
Lennart Moser (’99)

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
@cgf

Can't speak to the entire list but Netz and Rhein for me are among the best talents I've seen at their age group. I have them rated very highly along with Wirtz (who is miles ahead of OBM, IMO).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
@cgf

Can't speak to the entire list but Netz and Rhein for me are among the best talents I've seen at their age group. I have them rated very highly along with Wirtz (who is miles ahead of OBM, IMO).

Don't pay much attention to the order. I started that list early in the lockdown & haven't sat down to put much thought into the order since then. If I were doing it now Wirtz would probably have moved into his own tier given what he's showing at the senior level.

That said, as I wrote on the last page, I'm not sure of just how high Wirtz' ceiling is...outside of his abilities as a playmaker; which I am already sold are pure class. So even now I wouldn't exactly be shocked if almost anyone from that group of attackers ended up passing Wirtz to become the best of that bunch...

...not after having written Gnabry off as many times as I did before Nagelsmann got his hands on him & finally tapped into the potential that had always been there :laugh:

EDIT:
As for Rhein; I like him a lot too, but that's a really talented group behind the Bundesliga vets, Maier & Geiger, that isn't really in any meaningful order.

Stiller has been arguably even more impressive for Bayern's youth teams than what Rhein has shown to this point & is on the cusp of breaking through to the senior level...which I was initially trying to order guys by...while playing an important role for that fun to watch Bayern II team in the 3rd division.

Similar stories with Reitz & Bozdogan; who have comparable ceilings/talent levels to Rhein & Stiller -- though they are childhood 10s who are being converted into 8s at the senior level rather than lifelong 6s like the Bayern duo -- and are both already starting to break through at the senior level this season.

If Papela can't start to breakthrough by the end of the season he'll get asterisks like Abouchabaka, but his ceiling is still very high at the 8 and I'm not stressing about him making good on that potential yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: YNWA14

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
There have been some good talents coming out of Scandinavia recently. I think this guy could join that group in a few years.

Reactions: AB13

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Love seeing that ... means he's bee doing well loool

I know Almada was considered the best prospect in Argentina. However based off the last year or so I think La Vega can make a strong case that he is. He has more of an opportunity to show his talent at Lanus given the keys by his coach where as Almada has been used sporadically. I give him another year at Argentina max. He's playing too well not to leave.
Since I said this the kid has scored 4 goals in 4 games.

What impressed me about today’s goal wasn’t his finish( which was nice) it’s the off the ball movement. Didn’t just rush to goal but changed direction mid run identified where the space would be and scored. Intelligent run.

Reactions: koyvoo

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It looks like the USA is going to cap 20 year old CF Daryl Dike next week in a friendly against El Salvador. You might look up his stats on Wikipedia or transfermarkt and notice that his numbers are pretty good but not unusual (8G, 3A in 1444 minutes this season.)

What fans are so excited about with this player is that he’s a crazy athlete. He’s 6’2 225. He’s about the size Lukaku was before Lukaku slimmed down, and he battles with defenders as well as Lukaku does. Dike might have even more potential though because he’s quite good technically compared to Lukaku. I don’t know if he’ll ever reach his potential, but he had a pretty good first pro season. I can’t imagine it’ll be long until one of Europe’s biggest clubs signs this guy.

His parents wouldn’t let him sign with a pro academy years back. Many of the best MLS academies wanted to sign this kid. His parents mandated that he attend college. He’s also eligible for Nigeria. His brother played for the Nigerian senior men’s team and his sister for the Nigerian senior woman’s team, but the USMNT coach has done a great job with these dual-national players, so I do expect he’ll play for us.

Reactions: eddygee

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Adeyemi is a Dortmund fan. He’ll play alongside Moukoko in a few years.

He’s a great player. He had four assists at the weekend, and a goal. He’ll probably be their next big export after Szoboszlai and Daka.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Any thoughts on Dario Sarmiento from Estudiantes?
I haven't seen much of him, he wasn't on Aimar's u17 team for some reason nor the other youth teams that I watch. Estudiantes are pretty bad right now. He's getting some minutes I just have tuned in for him. No goals or assists for the senior team but that's hardly his fault. From what I know is he's a fast, tricky winger. Sabella is huge fan so, that's good enough for me.

As I posted a couple of days ago in the transfer thread, city are closing in on a transfer for him. 20 million.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Adeyemi is a Dortmund fan. He’ll play alongside Moukoko in a few years.

He’s a great player. He had four assists at the weekend, and a goal. He’ll probably be their next big export after Szoboszlai and Daka.

Adeyemi & Moukoko will be pretty sick replacements for Lewa & Müller.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluesfan94

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Adeyemi & Moukoko will be pretty sick replacements for Lewa & Müller.

I won't even get mad. Thats a good joke. Maybe Adeyemi. I doubt he goes back to Bayern, but it's possible. I'm nearly sure that Moukoko to Bayern will not happen. Bayern doesn't even try to say Dortmund players anymore. They know it's not going to happen, unless there's a stopover somewhere else first.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Harvey Elliott scored again for Blackburn today. What an incredible loan that is turning out to be. Elliott will get minutes next season, and save Liverpool from paying stupid money on a Sarr type. Curious to see Sarr vs Elliott’s Championship Stat comparison at end of season.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Yunus Musah who can play for either US or England has signed an extension with Valencia through 2026. He looked good in the two friendlies with US last month

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
@cgf, what do you think of Malick Sanogo? I read he's started training with the first team, and may be close to a debut.

I would've thought he'd play for Ivory Coast because thats who his father played for, but it looks right now like its either Germany or USA. He's been invited and accepted an invitation to a cancelled U-17 camp for both countries so far, so he seems unsure yet who he'll play for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->