Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Some stand out kids in Brazil/SP

Brenner - 20y old striker - u17 phenom that broke Gabriel Jesus goalscoring record and finally putting it all together. 11 goals in 21 games only 8 as a starter. 7 goals in the last 6 games. More than just a poacher but right now he's scoring at will thanks to his positioning in the box

Gabriel Sara - 21y old midfielder - Barcelona tried to sign him but he choose to re-sign with SPFC and it's working well for him. Isn't a flashy player, instead of an all-around one. Good passing, long shooting, great work ethic in the defensive zone and call play all over the pitch

Also, Santos just handed the debut to a 15y old kid Angelo, their second youngest ever to debut beating even Pelé

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Some stand out kids in Brazil/SP

Brenner - 20y old striker - u17 phenom that broke Gabriel Jesus goalscoring record and finally putting it all together. 11 goals in 21 games only 8 as a starter. 7 goals in the last 6 games. More than just a poacher but right now he's scoring at will thanks to his positioning in the box

Gabriel Sara - 21y old midfielder - Barcelona tried to sign him but he choose to re-sign with SPFC and it's working well for him. Isn't a flashy player, instead of an all-around one. Good passing, long shooting, great work ethic in the defensive zone and call play all over the pitch

Also, Santos just handed the debut to a 15y old kid Angelo, their second youngest ever to debut beating even Pelé

Any thoughts on Savio?

Reactions: John Pedro

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
People make bad jokes that Moukoko is a 25 year old taxi driver or a 33 year old with four kids, but he's grown 3 and a half inches in the past year. He's now 5'10. People over the age of 18 rarely grow. Even if there were problems with knowing his age because he was born in Cameroon, how could he be more than two years older than he says? And even if he was two years older than he says because of a mistake in record keeping, the kid has 14 goals in 4 games so far this season in what would be his normal age group, if he was two years older than he says. That player would still be an elite 17 year old around the world.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy and cgf

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Luka rejecting Spain once again. I hope that settles that. They have a hard on for him even though he's not playing regularly for Mallorca. Still at 15 in a mens league its insane that he's even part of the team.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Anyone who values Davies over Haaland alone is sorely mistaken.

Yea...

I mean Bayern is maybe only team that doesn't have to sell, even Real/Barca come at them. So that might be a number near what it would take. But silly number and silly ranking.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Been trying to follow the SA club scene more these days. Uruguayan 17 year old got 2 goals last night, this one was a great, composed finish. Arez0 seems destined for a move.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Harvey Elliott is on loan at Blackburn and he is killing it.

1g 3a in 6 matches at 17 with multiple MOTM and at least one Championship TOTW.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
f*** THIS KID lol

SP beat Lanus 4-3 but was eliminated thanks to away goals. De La Vega was amazing in both legs. Huge talent, very similar to Grealish. Also, he's got the hairstyle of old Argentinian players like Aimar, Gallardo, Sorin, etc. In the transmission they said Lanus had rejected a Manchester City's bid for him already
Love seeing that ... means he's bee doing well loool

I know Almada was considered the best prospect in Argentina. However based off the last year or so I think La Vega can make a strong case that he is. He has more of an opportunity to show his talent at Lanus given the keys by his coach where as Almada has been used sporadically. I give him another year at Argentina max. He's playing too well not to leave.

Reactions: John Pedro

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I know Almada was considered the best prospect in Argentina. However based off the last year or so I think La Vega can make a strong case that he is. He has more of an opportunity to show his talent at Lanus given the keys by his coach where as Almada has been used sporadically. I give him another year at Argentina max. He's playing too well not to leave.
I really wish we signed him instead of Pellistrini

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I think he heard me just scored a goal

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Florian Wirtz is gonna be a star. Already a key player for Leverkusen and he’s only 17. Germany is back on the rise with producing players after a small lull between this kid and Moukoko as stars in 2003 and 2004. @cgf @YNWA14.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Florian Wirtz is gonna be a star. Already a key player for Leverkusen and he’s only 17. Germany is back on the rise with producing players after a small lull between this kid and Moukoko as stars in 2003 and 2004. @cgf @YNWA14.
Yeah there's a few more on the horizon too that look like absolute world beater individual talents. We'll see how they develop but Wirtz hasn't disappointed so far. 3 goals, 5 assists in just over 700 minutes as a 17 year old attacking midfielder is pretty darn impressive (not even taking into account what he does when he isn't on the scoresheet, which is super fun to watch).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm not as high on him as you guys seem to be, oddly enough. Wirtz is a phenomenal passer and super crafty for his age, which I really like...but I see more of a Brandt than a Havertz (or Moukoko) from him at this point. AKA a guy who is good enough to start for & make a positive impact for the NT, but not someone whom you shape the NT team around.

That said, it does look like we're past those weaker generations that we'd been cycling through since the 96ers matured.

Speaking of, have any of our dutch posters seen how OBM is doing for Heerenveen? I've read they've been playing him at the 10 instead of on the wing, how's that going?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->