Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Oliver’s comments about Oranje players always crack me up. I no longer have you on ignore. I miss the entertainment too much. Please continue.. :biglaugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well I never ignored you.
I mean, every single dutch player is potential world class, the ones you dissed actually manage to shine.
Your scouting talent is absoultely spot on. Except reverse !

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Haha, the hate is strong. Don't worry guy, at some point, jealousy can be overcome.
Stick to those 568 world class Akax prospects.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
It's all good, we've all been a dumb dumb here.

And yeah, I'm not talking simply internationals, I'm talking about a best starting XI. Portugal has two studs (one near GOAT), and a few other solid players (Pepe, for example). But I think the Dutch have a better all around line up. And now I'm actually going to spend time doing this because I don't want to be doing work
Those two, Pauleta, Deco, Pepe, Ricardo Carvalho, Maniche, Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, Quaresma, Nani, Rui Costa, Victor Baia, Couto, Paolo Ferreira, Simao etc

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Evilo-Why would OM have let Nkounkou leave this past summer?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Future Wolves legend Goncalo Ramos has 7 goals and 3 assists in 3 games so far this season for Benfica. He was very good in the YCL last season; he can't seem to stop scoring.

Reactions: ecemleafs

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
He asked for money OM wouldn't give him. Instead they chose to sign Nagatomo :D

Dumbasses :D

Haha thanks man.
Just been very good thus far as a 19 year old so was curious. He hasn't been tested defensively yet but wow, his attacking play seems very good

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It takes a lot for me to be impressed by a young football player but to me Curtis Jones is the best talent to come out of Anfield since Trent Alexander-Arnold.

I truly hope they give him more games. He has the making of a superstar.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeh, between him Mabaya and Stewart there are some real talents coming up in the next crop. Have mentioned them a few times.

Woodburn (he's still a prospect right?) had a fantastic game against United u23s and looks to be rounding back into form. Hopefully he kicks on and his injuries are behind him. Clarkson and Longstaff looked quite good as well. Meanwhile Koumetio struggled for the u18s, I think the hype behind him needs to slow down a bit because he looks like he has a lot to work on.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeh, between him Mabaya and Stewart there are some real talents coming up in the next crop. Have mentioned them a few times.

Woodburn (he's still a prospect right?) had a fantastic game against United u23s and looks to be rounding back into form. Hopefully he kicks on and his injuries are behind him. Clarkson and Longstaff looked quite good as well.
I feel like Woodburn might be a Quadruple A guy. He is way too good for youth level but hasn’t made a senior impact. Still ti my e obviously but it’s not going to happen at LFC

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I feel like Woodburn might be a Quadruple A guy. He is way too good for youth level but hasn’t made a senior impact. Still ti my e obviously but it’s not going to happen at LFC
Could be, he's still only 20 (turning 21 soon). I think because he broke out so early that the expectations for him were super high and Liverpool just got to a spot where they couldn't give him the minutes he needed and then he got injured multiple times. There's definitely a player in there (considered by many to be the bigger talent between him and TAA at the Academy, by coaches and fans alike). Maybe it's too late for him to reach that potential, but we'll see. I think Liverpool still like him a lot.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

would share even if not LFC related (for the first episode) but seems like a good listen. I like the shorter format podcasts in general.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Seems like Gustavo Maia is tearing it up at Barcelona B. Great winger whit scoring touch very uncommon for the position.

Diego Costa, 21 center back, has been rock solid so far in Brasileirao. Great in the air, amazing on the ball (used to play as midfielder). Won't take long until European teams come asking for him, especially Ajax as they've got a strong link with SP's front office.

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ajax has their fair share of CB's coming up, but he sure sounds interesting. I haven't heard his name in Ajax rumors yet. What would his fee be?

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Ajax has their fair share of CB's coming up, but he sure sounds interesting. I haven't heard his name in Ajax rumors yet. What would his fee be?

hard to tell right now, given the financial crisis, I'd guess between 10-8m. But if he keeps performing the way he's been playing it could be way more.

edit: scored his first as a pro in his 11th match, against River Plate in the Libertadores.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ajacied
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad