Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I was thinking a smaller Haaland lite but I haven’t seen as much of him as you and PB.

I don't like that comp either because he's not a freak athlete the way Erling is. Like size & speed won't be issues for him, but neither is what makes him special. He's really quick, but that isn't what makes him unique either...though his burst/short-area quickness is probably the closest any of his physical traits come to elite.

Maybe Eto'o after he slowed down a little or a quicker version of Klose who wasn't as lethal in the air? But I don't like those that much either since he's quite different from both of them, even if there are elements of their games in his :-/

OT but I'll be curious to see if his instincts lead to him being a much better aerial threat than his physique would suggest, because all of the guys that are coming to mind who moved without the ball as well as Moukoko were either playmakers or became great aerial threats (Klose / Gerd) despite their size.

Last edited:

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
I don't like that comp either because he's not a freak athlete the way Erling is. Like size & speed won't be issues for him, but neither is what makes him special. He's really quick, but that isn't what makes him unique either...though his burst/short-area quickness is probably the closest any of his physical traits come to elite.

Maybe Eto'o after he slowed down a little or a quicker version of Klose who wasn't as lethal in the air? But I don't like those that much either since he's quite different from both of them, even if there are elements of their games in his :-/

OT but I'll be curious to see if his instincts lead to him being a much better aerial threat than his physique would suggest, because all of the guys that are coming to mind who moved without the ball as well as Moukoko were either playmakers or became great aerial threats (Klose / Gerd) despite their size.

Well dont forget he is closer to 15 as 17. You cant compare his physique with full grown man. In his prime he will be alot faster as he is now. In one game he alreaday was Dortmunds fastest player. Moukoko's fastest run was measured with 34,7 km/h. Thats just 0,5km/h slower as Haaland. Werner's fastest run was measured with 35,0 km/h. I wouldnt bet against Moukoko as the fastest player of these 3 in a few years.

Fastest Bundesliga players:
Nicht zu stoppen: Die schnellsten Spieler der Bundesliga | bwin

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well dont forget he is closer to 15 as 17. You cant compare his physique with full grown man. In his prime he will be alot faster as he is now. In one game he alreaday was Dortmunds fastest player. Moukoko's fastest run was measured with 34,7 km/h. Thats just 0,5km/h slower as Haaland. Werner's fastest run was measured with 35,0 km/h. I wouldnt bet against Moukoko as the fastest player of these 3 in a few years.

Fastest Bundesliga players:
Nicht zu stoppen: Die schnellsten Spieler der Bundesliga | bwin

While the age point is a fair one; when you watched Werner or Haaland at youth levels their speed just lept off the screen and was the first thing you could notice about them. It's not the same with Moukoko...though speed is obviously not a problem for him, it's also not slapping you in the face right away.

I won't be surprised if he ends up the best of that trio, but I'll be surprised if it's because of his speed.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He’s bigger and a lot quicker than Aguero, but I’ve seen that comparison used before.

I don't know about him being a lot quicker. Aguero's quickness & burst with Atleti is what made me think of him as potential comp for Moukoko...although obviously he's smaller and IIRC he developed into a poacher at the senior level, instead of breaking through with an already advanced sense for where to be without the ball.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
However, this might be premature, but the two largest talents seem to be Dane Scarlett (16 y/o, striker) and Alfie Devine (16 y/o, central midfielder). Both of them have already proven themselves far above the level of the U18's and started featuring for the U23's. Scarlett even got a few minutes for the first team against Ludogorets and looked incredibly good.

Devine became the young Spur to ever score over the weekend and today.....Scarlett scored....and scored....and scored....and scored....and scored. (#3 and #5 are really nice and he does his PK's just like Kane)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad