Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Spurs golden boy right now would be Troy Parrott. 16y/o striker who is already dominant in the U18 Premier League and performed well in the UEFA Youth League. Glimmer of hope for Irish supporters.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would be surprised if Europe's biggest clubs weren't lining up to sign this kid. Best American talent in his age group. He's done so well that he was promoted an age group, and could make the roster for the WC-20.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
With his 17th birthday today, Troy Parrott has signed his first professional contract for Spurs.

Part of me wants us to play him over Llorente :dunno:

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
@Il Mediano.. With the half way mark behind us, how has Kluivert done? I've only seen glimpses..

He hasn't featured that much to be honest. Di Francesco wants him to improve defensively , and Kluivert has spoken to the steep learning curve in that regard.

It really mirrors Under's integration process last year - which is what I expected.

There's been flashes for sure, though. He became Roma's youngest ever scorer in the CL earlier this season, for example. Looked really good against Genoa too. I've been pleasantly surprised by his vision to be honest. I thought he'd be the type to take his man on and ignore his surroundings, but that's not been the case. The guy can pick a pass.

I hope to see more of him as the season progresses, because he offers things in attack that no one else at LW on Roma can. El Shaarawy is the same inconsistent player he's always been , and Perotti can't stay fit.

Reactions: Ajacied

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I know a lot of teams were after him because he has high ceiling. I haven't seen him though. I know he's just recently been called up for the youth selections.
I also know Belgium is trying to get him for their youth program. Also the transfer could reach 10M, which is a crazy number for a 16 year old.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Willem Geubbels was finally back to Monaco's youth league team today after months of injuries.
A few minutes played and he's out with a major injury. At least 4-6 weeks with a muscle injury.

:(

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Yeah, he lasted around 20 minutes, injuring himself while sprinting on his own. Thuram's (how many of them are out there?) consolation goal was a nice shot, but on the whole Chelsea were better, Redan wasn't anything special, though. PSG lost too, giving up two goals after taking the lead.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah PSG was a big letdown because they quite clearly were the better team from reports and highlights I read/saw.
They hit the post twice and were really unlucky.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm watching Lyon's youth league game right now (they're winning 2-0) and while Titouan Thomas is good, Cherki and Caqueret have nothing to do at this level.
They're wayyyyyyy too good.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I'm watching Lyon's youth league game right now (they're winning 2-0) and while Titouan Thomas is good, Cherki and Caqueret have nothing to do at this level.
They're wayyyyyyy too good.
Cherki I have read is the next big thing for France.

Lyon believe he might be the best talent to ever come out of their academy.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nah, they say he's comparable to Ben Arfa.
Which is possibly the best pure talent on par with Zidane in the history of french football.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lyon might have the best academy in Europe when it comes to producing talented players. Teams like Barcelona or Man City might have more talent in their academy, but they recruit the best players from around the world. Lyon is the best at producing talented professional footballers with the local talent in the area.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
There's a TV story out there about Lyon's academy.
Here are some players out of their academies in the last 25 years :
Ludovic Giuly
Sidney Govou
Hatem Ben Arfa
Karim Benzema
Alexandre Lacazette
Corentin Tolisso
Nabil Fekir
Samuel Umtiti
Houssem Aouar
Anthony Martial
Anthony Lopes
Clement Grenier
Yacine Benzia
Loic Remy
Mouctar Diakhaby
Timothée Kolozdzieczak
Rachid Ghezzal

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
There's a TV story out there about Lyon's academy.
Here are some players out of their academies in the last 25 years :
Ludovic Giuly
Sidney Govou
Hatem Ben Arfa
Karim Benzema
Alexandre Lacazette
Corentin Tolisso
Nabil Fekir
Samuel Umtiti
Houssem Aouar
Anthony Martial
Anthony Lopes