Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
When was the last time a 17 year old CB was a first team player? I'd be shocked. Sounds like he still has some issues in his game to iron out, but nice to see the glowing reviews.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He has some issues in his head too.
From what I hear, not a very smart guy with very little patience.
The good news is that he comes from one of the best academies in the world.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I was about to post that you have to keep an eye on El Bilal Toure of Reims this year.
He was spectacular in the U20 CAN and in his first L1 minutes.
Well 20 minutes into the Monaco Reims game he has 1 goal and 1 assist.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
American central midfielder Zach Booth (16) is signing with Leicester. Spurs and PSV were among the other clubs interested. He notably has an older brother, Taylor, at Bayern, whose progressing well. He plays very similarly to Taylor. Zach's a really well-rounded midfielder. Can play as a 6, 8 or 10. He was probably the most improved American prospect I saw last season. He wasn't a good prospect to start the 2019-20 season, but by the start of the 2020, he had made huge improvements to his game.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So the CPL is obviously still young league and we have not yet seen what players who get signed from the league can do in bigger environments, hopefully Estevez and Borges hit the ground running in this coming season.

One to watch is Belgian 21 year old Paolo Sabak. He is probably the most technically gifted player the league has seen and is already showing he will need to take the next step following this year. Would not be surprised if he finds himself back at in the Belgian first division in the next window. Quality player!

There are a good amount of other prospects at the moment. Shortlist of peak performers from u-21 league demographic would be; Abzi (LB, York 9), Sissoko ( MF, Wanderers), Choiniere (RM, Forge), Verhoven (CM, Pacific), Campbell (ST, Pacific), Neufville (LB, Ottawa). There are a couple more that have been impressive these are just the main names off the top of my head. I have watched most games and have been compiling notes on a lot of the players, I'll likely post something longer in here when the season is complete.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Latest U20 french selection :
Bajic in goal (one of the best GK prospect in the world)
Defense with Saliba, Kouassi, Mbe Soh, Pembele, Zagre, that's crazy.
Midfield has wonderkid Aouchiche, fantastic 6 Joris Chotard, Massengo who's shining in England and wingers Mbuku and especially Lihadji.
Triple of awesomely talented strikers : Geubbels, Kalimuendo and Rutter.
You could make two amazing teams with those.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Emil Roback ('03) is close to sign with Milan. What's interesting here is that Zlatan is part-owner of Hammarby and practiced with him during the spring.

Update: Made his debut today with 20 minutes against Novara and had an assist. Still think he will be with the primavera team most of the time though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Billy the Kid has a legit chance to be the 4CB this season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Long since been a buzz? I mean...it seems pretty recent. Good for him though I hope he steps up.
Maybe a bit of hyperbole but obviously rated.

Made the bench more than once during cup fixtures last season, and a lot of those players are tipped to make a leap.

Next season Clarkson and Cain. Hill was a player I had never heard of but apparently his stock is rising too. LFC have a lot of interesting midfielders in the academy right now.

Reactions: YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Maybe a bit of hyperbole but obviously rated.

Made the bench more than once during cup fixtures last season, and a lot of those players are tipped to make a leap.

Next season Clarkson and Cain. Hill was a player I had never heard of but apparently his stock is rising too. LFC have a lot of interesting midfielders in the academy right now.
Sounds like Balagizi, Stewart and Mabaya are the next big, big talents to me.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It sounds like Favre is a big fan of Immanuel Pherai. I don't see where his minutes will come, but its looking as if he'll stick around the squad for now.

Nnamdi Collins is a full year away. He's not even training very much with the first team. He won't play in the first team this season, as of now.

Ansgar Knauff's role is undetermined, but he's been very impressive. I think he'll be mostly with the U-19's, and might get a few games with the first team. Next year seems more likely that he's with the first team.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Kadin Chung (22) of Pacific FC is having a great tournament, probably the best CPL right back at the moment. I would not be surprised to see him get a Canada call up in the not so distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad