Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Kjaer is a huge prodigy. Probably the biggest from Denmark since Viktor Fischer. Hopefully he ends up better.

The more I read about him the more I like him. With Eskild Munk Dall and Rasmussen, Ajax already has two high profile Danish talents within their ranks. Let’s hope they pan out like Eriksen instead of Boilesen or Fischer.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
It were never injuries with Fischer.

Fischer never had the right mentality. De Boer quickly opted for Amin Younes instead.

Andersen was also one of those highly touted Danish players who never lived up to their potential’

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Not sure what Donnarumma is here for.
Backline is logical, with two french CBs since that's a position where France is crazy deep.
Midfield is offensively oriented, Camavinga should be here (instead of Nkunku?).
Two wingers are fine.
Mbappe/Haaland are there too.

I know its based on marks and Whoscored is not very good at rating players, but in the end, this team makes sense except for goalie and DM. And Mbappe is WAY above anyone in terms of average rating, but then again, he's way above anyone U21.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Not sure what Donnarumma is here for.
Backline is logical, with two french CBs since that's a position where France is crazy deep.
Midfield is offensively oriented, Camavinga should be here (instead of Nkunku?).
Two wingers are fine.
Mbappe/Haaland are there too.

I know its based on marks and Whoscored is not very good at rating players, but in the end, this team makes sense except for goalie and DM. And Mbappe is WAY above anyone in terms of average rating, but then again, he's way above anyone U21.

It's purely based on WhoScored ratings, and defensive midfielders don't get those rating boosts as easily as a more progressive player like Nkunku, who also had a good season. Camavinga had a 7.12 rating, who he was very good but below Havertz and Nkunku there.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Hmmm..
I don't know..
Lafont?

I only saw a handful of Nantes games, so a small sample size, but based on those I wouldn't put Lafont ahead of Dommarumma just based on results and performances in this season. But maybe he did great in other matches. Did he get great grades (etoiles) in France this season?

Reactions: Cassano

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He's U21 starter for Ligue 1.
But yeah he's been good but not great.
I'm thinking out loud really.
Not many U21 goalies starting.
Aaron Ramsdale still probably qualifies as well, he turned 22 in May. He played for a dumpster fire relegation side in Bournemouth though.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Mohamed Sankoh (ST - 16) from Stoke opts for Stuttgart over Chelsea, Barca, Atletico among others. Wise decision. Strong, powerful striker who was part of the U17 that won Euro U17 as a 15 year old.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So now every sports newspaper in Europe is talking about Maxence Caqueret. You HFboards people can't say you haven't known about him for years now.
He's absolutely awesome.
Here are some extracts of him yesterday

And this doesn't show his 90 minutes pressing and positionning.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also remember the names Pablo Paez Gavira, Antoni Milambo and Olivier Aertssen.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Another of the upcoming English generation. 18 years old at PSV. Should be in for a big season.

He’s been progressing rapidly. He could very well start next to Malen next season. Though Maxi Romero is now finally fit as well. PSV has a lot of rough diamonds up front. Interesting season for them, especially with their new coach.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s been progressing rapidly. He could very well start next to Malen next season. Though Maxi Romero is now finally fit as well. PSV has a lot of rough diamonds up front. Interesting season for them, especially with their new coach.

I like their coach, as well. I wanted him to Favre at Dortmund.

Reactions: Ajacied

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I thought he went back to Argentina?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ansgar Knauff (18) made the first team training camp roster for Dortmund.

He's a winger with very good athleticism and dribbling ability. Some think he could be a good offensive RWB. Usually we don't take youngsters to the training camp for no reason. I suspect he'll join the first team at some point between now and the start of the 2021-22 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad