Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Emil Roback ('03) is close to sign with Milan. What's interesting here is that Zlatan is part-owner of Hammarby and practiced with him during the spring.

Could also mention that Milan signed Malmö's 2004-born Lukas Björklund a month ago.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Unuvar, Rensch, Taylor and Brobbey will attend Ajax training camp. I think all could see minutes with 5 substitutes possible during the season.

Also:

Sick goal by Pherai training with the first team.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Unuvar, Rensch, Taylor and Brobbey will attend Ajax training camp. I think all could see minutes with 5 substitutes possible during the season.

Also:

Sick goal by Pherai training with the first team.

Most interested in seeing how Rensch and Taylor get on as they move up. Not worried about Unuvar though he has disappointed a little bit at times. I'm not super high on Brobbey but he'll score some goals.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pherai played well in the first exhibition match, but he missed an empty net.

He’s probably not going to play any though during the season. Sounds like he’ll go out on loan.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Most interested in seeing how Rensch and Taylor get on as they move up. Not worried about Unuvar though he has disappointed a little bit at times. I'm not super high on Brobbey but he'll score some goals.

Ten Hag played Rensch at LB vs Utrecht during their exhibition match two days ago. With Salah-Eddine out for months, Ten Hag is looking for other options from within in case Tagliafico still leaves. Rensch is a right footed CB, so that experiment failed miserably. I hope Rensch attends training camp in the hope he also has a shot at CB, as LB isn't right for him. He, Timber, Alvarez and Schuurs all fight for that spot next to Blind. Rensch has the most upside, but Timber impressed me the most out of those four. Alvarez really never was worth the 15M and Schuurs can have stretches where he plays so dominant, but he has too many costly hick-ups in his game still.

Taylor could see some minutes this season because there's a lot of mediocrity at his position. Marin and Alvarez (also plays CDM a lot) have disappointed, Ekkelenkamp is meh and Eiting's progression has taken a real hit with all those injuries. I'm hopeful, but I realize he might have to wait another year before he can really fight for quality minutes. Martinez, Gravenberch and van de Beek will likely form midfield. Gravenberch himself hasn't won me over either, though. You can tell he has all the traits, but he still lacks confidence and smarts at this level. Frankly, Labyad has had the best preseason so far. He could start in favor of him.

As for Brobbey. Well, Ajax lacks a true #9. Tadic and Promes are wingers of origin. Ten Hag has played Traoré a lot, but he's been inconsistent in Ajax I. Brobbey could definitely see some time if Traoré fails to take his opportunities. We both have our doubts on Brobbeast, but I am still very interested to see how his goal scoring prowess translates to the big leagues.

Unuvar had some magic moments vs Utrecht. He will hoover between Ajax and jong Ajax - working mostly on the physicality parts of the game and how to be more efficient with his unique skill set.

Pherai played well in the first exhibition match, but he missed an empty net.

He’s probably not going to play any though during the season. Sounds like he’ll go out on loan.

I hope he does. He's a very entertaining player I hope to see more of on a consistent base.

Reactions: robertmac43

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The LB announcing his retirement as Sancho enters the box. This wasn't even against some 6th division cleaner who plays football on the weekends. This guy plays first division in Austria. The team lost a playoff to get into Europa League.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm particularly high on : Upamecano, Kamara, Lacroix, Saliba and Kouassi.
But Kounde has been awesome. Disasi was quite something this year. Fofana too.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I have Kimpembe, Diop, Disasi, Kamara, Fofana, Lacroix and Mbe Soh.
You might want to add Billy Koumetio (also 2002) in there. Klopp singled him out for his performance at Camp Austria today. Not sure he gets his breakthrough this year but he is definitely on Klopp’s radar. Kid is huge.

also not a French guy but Sepp Van Der Berg has also impressed at Camp Austria. He looks a lot bigger than this time last year and has definitely not skipped leg day.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh I have others names, especially among 2003, 2004 and 2005. But that's another matter.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm particularly high on : Upamecano, Kamara, Lacroix, Saliba and Kouassi.
But Kounde has been awesome. Disasi was quite something this year. Fofana too.
So I’ve noticed you don’t mention Konate as much as some of the others. Is there a particular reason or just that he’s been injured a lot of this season?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Do any of the Dutchies here (@Ajacied @YNWA14 et al) know anything about Salah-Eddine formerly of Feyenoord?

Little. I know he was clubless for a few months and just joined Arsenal. Ajax was on the verge of signing him from Feyenoord last year as well. Was a major talent back then. Played in the U19 as a 15 year old. Appears to be a quality AM with questionable mentality.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Little. I know he was clubless for a few months and just joined Arsenal. Ajax was on the verge of signing him from Feyenoord last year as well. Was a major talent back then. Played in the U19 as a 15 year old. Appears to be a quality AM with questionable mentality.
Ah, he’ll fit in with the others.

Reactions: Ajacied

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If he doesn't make the first team I'll be absolutely stunned.
I mean there is def an opening at 4CB and we really need someone good in the air for that role. It says in the article I posted but for those that didn’t read or watch the friendly, Koumetio (at 6’3”) was dominating a 6’7” Stuttgart player on set pieces. Klopp clearly rates him too. Not going to say he gets that job, he probably is destined for the u23s, but the door is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad