Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Balogun wants playing time and has Nketiah, Auba, Laca, Marin Nelly and TJJ ahead of him.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
When TJJ was ahead of him in the reserves, was part of their pre season training team and went out on loan and starting on loan.
Meh, he's a way better talent and has a significantly higher scoring rate.

I don't trust Arsenal with letting their prospects go. Gnabry, Malen and Bennacer are 100m+ in total value gone in recent seasons.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Meh, he's a way better talent and has a significantly higher scoring rate.

I don't trust Arsenal with letting their prospects go. Gnabry, Malen and Bennacer are 100m+ in total value gone in recent seasons.

They all wanted to leave to play more. They weren't let go. It's more due to the office leaving contract extensions in the last minute. By they seem to do that with every player which is stupid.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They all wanted to leave to play more. They weren't let go. It's more due to the office leaving contract extensions in the last minute. By they seem to do that with every player which is stupid.
Aubameyang is gone for sure and sorry TBH Nketiah is not the talent Balogun is as well. It's just stupidity.

It's like when they held onto Chuba Akpom and saw Malen leave.

I forgot to add Jeff Reine Adelaide, who was genuinely one of the most impressive players I've seen come up at Arsenal as a young player. He never got to play and now he's worth 30-40m. They gave garbage mins to a washed up Walcott and make signings like Lucas Perez.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Kouassi is in Munich having his medical.
So looks like it will be official tomorrow at the latest.
If Alaba does not extend, he might even see playing time sooner than expected....

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Didn't Bayern already say he's staying this summer and they'd rather keep him one more season and let his contract expire than leave in a year on a free?

Nope. There have been a ton of bs rumors about the potential contract extensions and what will happen since before even Neuer got his deal done.
I remember 2 months ago when the same guy that just had the Sane transfer first had Thiago signing an extension in the next few days basically.

I would be surprised if they let Thiago and/or Alaba let walk for free unless there is no real market for these guys (which is possible due to their high salary demands and limited choices they would probably accept) at the price Bayern would want (probably atleast 35-40M each)..

Honestly Alaba as great as he has been as CB is somewhat replaceable if Hernandez can ever live up to his reputation and stay healthy.
Between him, Süle, Boateng, Pavard and Kouassi as well as the rumored interest in Upamecano as well as Davies stealing his LB spot for good, Bayern can afford to lose him.

Thiago would be tougher but between Kimmich (my dream of him going back to RB seems to be dead for good), Goretzka and Tolisso (if he stays), as well as Cuisance (if he stays) and potentially Kouassi, Bayern could also survive that assuming they use the money they get for these guys to bring in some replacements (Zakaria, Havertz (unlikely), Aouar, Upamecano, etc.).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Brewster is ready to take Origi’s spot next season if he can keep healthy.

Still a massive talent for me. Leading the Championship in goals since the restart or since he was loaned or something. Too lazy to look it up at this moment.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Another product from northwest Stockholm (Isak, Kulusevski) coming up and I really like what I've seen.

Was very close to sign with Feyenoord in March but decided to go with AIK.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
The lone standout when it comes to Dutch goalkeeping talents; Mikki van Sas from FC Utrecht, joined Manchester City this passed week. Hopefully he does well; Oranje desperately needs some quality between the posts. I’m just always hesitant about City’s youth development.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
While we're at it with some Nordic players, I can also mention Iceland's '03 Isak Bergmann Johannesson since there probably won't be any Icelandic posters here to talk about him. He has recently forced his way into the starting XI for the Swedish league leaders Norrköping:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia