Soccer Prospect Discussion Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Much-hyped US U17 #10 Evan Rotundo signed with Schalke today after turning 16. He has a French passport, which allows him to go over earlier than most other players. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see him amounting to much. His development over the last year to year and a half has been very disappointing. His athleticism was always a main question, and it's even more of a question now. Small, slow, weak. He also has less attacking skills than I initially thought. Doesn't play enough in the final 20 meters of the pitch.

I'll round up a few more young American transfers this window. Kobe Hernandez-Foster and Bryang Kayo are signing with Wolfsburg. Hernandez-Foster turned 18 last month, Kayo turns 18 this month. Both are supposed to go straight into the reserve team, even though they are U19 team eligible. I like Hernandez-Foster. Great attacking fullback. I think he'll definitely amount to something. Not so much for Kayo, in my opinion. Tremendous athlete from central midfield. Not much of a footballer though, from how I see it, unfortunately.

There are some others signing with smaller clubs, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Jens-Lys Michel Cajuste is a decent prospect, he plays for Midtjylland, denmarks best team. he got american parents but lived most his life in Sweden.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Jens-Lys Michel Cajuste is a decent prospect, he plays for Midtjylland, denmarks best team. he got american parents but lived most his life in Sweden.
Jeppe Kjaer looks like the one to watch out of Denmark right now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Not eligible to play for the USA. He didn’t meet the criteria to be eligible at the time he was cap-tied by Sweden, so he’s permanently ineligible, barring a change in the FIFA rules.

His father is a naturalized US citizen, but that’s not good enough for FIFA and Cajuste never lived in the USA, so he doesn’t qualify as eligible to represent the USA yet. And the way the rules work, to retain future eligibility for another country, you must be eligible at the time of being cap-tied. FIFA is trying to crack down here on countries with very broad requirements for citizenship. Cajuste’s case isn’t broad, at all, but unfortunately he wasn’t eligible.

But I agree with you that he’s a good prospect. I was hoping he’d be eligible for the USA.

Last edited:

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
akinola has played a lot of games for the USA youth teams. big scorer in the youth internationals for usa. dont remember him being a highly though of prospect tho, but those are big returns for a 20 year old in MLS.

Reactions: robertmac43

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You look at all the poor moves Lyon made recently and it probably washes out with this signings. Devastated that Arsenal weren’t able to secure him when being heavily linked for a year.
He won’t be at Lyon long IMO. He’s pure dynamite.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
USA youth international Konrad de la Fuente scored twice for Barca B today in the Segunda B promotion playoff. 2nd goal was very nice.

Reactions: Cassano

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Absolutely, but he is also almost 4 years older.
He is, but he always had a bit more maturity to his game during those U17/U19 Euro wins..he has more of a natural brain so to speak. Really great link up play and creativity for Braga as well as his skill/shooting ability. Not to say Joelson can't learn that, but he's more of a natural talent who is frightening 1 v 1, and not sharp link up play between the lines and knowing when to cross etc.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Joelson reminds me of a 16 years old Raheem Sterling. Very direct and quick with his feet. Great dribbling skills.

Reactions: YNWA14

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Angel Martinez heading from Sounders to Borussia Dortmund.

@Pavel Buchnevich

I saw that rumor, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Mexican media is notorious for making stuff up. They have one of the worst medias in football. They link their players with every club imaginable. This guy doesn't even play for them at youth level, only has Mexican heritage, and they are still making this one up. I suspect its more likely Borussia Dortmund scouted him in a youth tournament, and has interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad